Collier County Public Schools

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Collier County Public Schools

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Collier County Public Schools (Naples, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Meeting with princpal and administrative team. (reading,math coaches, guidance counselor). The panel went through a series of printed questions and wrote down the information that you provided. After the first interview, all the rest of the interviews were easy, because all schools used the same format and the same questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you incorporate the research from Robert Marzano and which domain do you see does is the most productive in the classroom?   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Collier County Public Schools in February 2011.

Interview

After a Long time I was called in. Everyone was nice asked questions and they were nice. This glassdoor thing is worse than that!!! After a Long time I was called in. Everyone was nice asked questions and they were nice. This glassdoor thing is worse than that!!!

Interview Questions

• How would you use technology in the classroom?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Collier County Public Schools (Naples, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

I was one of ten who was interviewd for two positions. Interview was professional and in front of a panel of eight teachers and administrators. They asked the typical interview questions you can find on the internet. I had student test scores from previous years, so I could show student gains which impressed them. Knowledge of industry buzz words is a must and researching the school and its philosophies is mandatory if you want a position within the organization. Knowledge is power!

Interview Questions

• How would you implement the concept of differentiation in your classroom?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever used Kagan strategies in your teaching?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay scale is set in stone.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Collier County Public Schools.

Interview

Applied and received many emails confirming paperwork needed for HR. Many, many forms including references, transcripts, certifications, resume and cover letter. Once application complete, principal's secretary contacted me to schedule interview. This happened about 2 days after the closing date of the position. The interview was casual but expected.

Interview Questions

• What are areas of weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary schedule is set and determined yearly between the school board and the union.