Collier County Public Schools

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teacher Interview

Teacher
Naples, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Collier County Public Schools in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was one of ten who was interviewd for two positions. Interview was professional and in front of a panel of eight teachers and administrators. They asked the typical interview questions you can find on the internet. I had student test scores from previous years, so I could show student gains which impressed them. Knowledge of industry buzz words is a must and researching the school and its philosophies is mandatory if you want a position within the organization. Knowledge is power!

Interview Questions

• How would you implement the concept of differentiation in your classroom?   View Answer
  • Have you ever used Kagan strategies in your teaching?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay scale is set in stone.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Teacher Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Collier County Public Schools.

Interview Details – Applied and received many emails confirming paperwork needed for HR. Many, many forms including references, transcripts, certifications, resume and cover letter. Once application complete, principal's secretary contacted me to schedule interview. This happened about 2 days after the closing date of the position. The interview was casual but expected.

Interview Question – What are areas of weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The salary schedule is set and determined yearly between the school board and the union.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Collier County Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Collier County Public Schools interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Collier County Public Schools employees and interview candidates.