Colliers International Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.6

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Colliers International.

Interview

I heard of this job from a property manager for the building I was working at. It was an easy interview and the manager was nice. He seemed very interested but indicated that my school schedule could be an issue. The major complaint I have is that he said he would give me an answer in the next week. I followed up several times and each time he asked me to call back in a couple of days. I told him the last time we spoke that it is okay if I did not get the job, but just let me know either way. He replied that he would like me to call back in a couple of days. I stopped pursuing at that point.

Valuation Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Colliers International.

Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview... No contact from anyone after the phone interview; I called HR a couple of weeks later and soon had an in-person interview. No response to my thank you letters or any contact after the in-person interview although only one other person was being interviewed for the position. It seemed like a waste of time and resources.

Interview Questions

• I mostly was just told about the job and asked what I expected of it.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colliers International (Orlando, FL).

Interview

You will be interviewed by multiple brokers and the office head. Sometimes the office manager is the initial point of contact, it varies depending on how the office is run.

Interview Questions

• There really are no difficult questions, but be prepared to say that you can and have worked with many different personalities and have the ability to multi-task. Also, it is helpful to bring work samples to show what you can do from a creative perspective.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Based on experience

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Colliers International (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

One person - others by phone. One person over the phone to see if they liked me. Discussed qualifications. Then from there, two other levels to have calls with. From there an in-person meeting was setup and a background check was conducted. When that all came through, a personality test was issues and an offer was made. Points about offer were discussed and a final offer was given.

Interview Questions

• What was client base - asked to show names.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A few weeks - job responsibilities

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Colliers International.

Interview

5 rounds of interview. For the position, it was a waste of time.

Met all the Principals. Made it appear as if it was an opportunity of a lifetime. Was a joke however.

Interview Questions

• Any High School graduate could have answered them correctly after a very heavy night of drinking   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Colliers International (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Small office near Santa Monica. Two interviewers asked me questions in a small room. They asked questions such as why did you choose your school, job experience, and other typical interview questionnaire.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Colliers International (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Hiring process took several months. I received a phone call from the manager of the position a month after applying, and was scheduled for an interview with her and two senior members of the team, for about 45-60 minutes. A follow up interview was scheduled shortly after for the following week, along with an aptitude test.

In the follow up interview, all of the excitement and energy of the previous interviewers was gone. While it went well, the interviewer, a department manager, didn't seem very excited about the future of the company or her job, and admitted she was a micromanager.

Then came the aptitude test. I was told the department was using current software on Mac OSX, but they were in fact using outdated software, and though technically on a Mac, they actually used Parallels to run Windows. Obviously I didn't do well.

I was told we would set up an additional interview shortly, but after several emails, I never heard from anyone at that company again. Obviously my aptitude test was a concern, but after so much work and several rounds of interviews, I would have at least expected my emails to be returned.

Interview Questions

• "If you could be any superhero, who would it be?"   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colliers International (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

The Hiring Process took about two weeks. I applied for the position on their careers webpage and waited for a week for some sort of response from the company. After I had not heard from them, I took it upon myself to email my resume directly to someone in the Marketing department. I was called in for an interview that day! It was about a week before the interview took place and it went as well as it could have gone. They are a great company that clearly knows how to be successful.

Interview Questions

• The environment was very laid back and the interviewers were very friendly, doing their best to make me feel comfortable in their environment. Given that, there were no unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colliers International (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. First, I interviewed with an employment agency, and then had two additional interviews with the people who became my bosses.

Interview Questions

• For me, the most difficult questions involved knowledge of financial/accounting practices since I am fairly new to the field of business. For anyone versed in these topics, the interview should be fairly simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brief. After my third interview, I waited about 3 days before being offered the job. At that point, all I had to do was pass a drug test.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colliers International.

Interview

Talked to group I would be working with, short open conversation, no hard questions.