Colliers International

Very Difficult Interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Colliers International in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met with a recruiter in a coffee shop, walked through my resume, and talked at LENGTH! Met 2 team members in the office for the 2nd interview. They had some questions but mostly it was conversational. came back a 3rd time to meet another EA and the HR Director I was going to support. Came back a 4th time to spend additional time with the HR Director and had coffee with another EA who has been supporting the Director while they look to fill this position. This was an excruciating process. The HR Director ended up asking me questions that were against typical interview procedure...ie. my home life (kids? married? etc) I felt uncomfortable to answer the questions and probably should have just walked away. But I answered truthfully. Turns out they rejected me as a candidate because of my situation, they said they felt I had "lied" about my situation and they didn't want a liar. I was highly offended and gave the recruiter a piece of my mind

Interview Question – Questions about my personal life situation.   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Property Manager
Little Rock, AR

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Colliers International.

Interview Details – The interview process was lengthy. First, I interviewed with an employment agency, and then had two additional interviews with the people who became my bosses.

Interview Question – For me, the most difficult questions involved knowledge of financial/accounting practices since I am fairly new to the field of business. For anyone versed in these topics, the interview should be fairly simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Brief. After my third interview, I waited about 3 days before being offered the job. At that point, all I had to do was pass a drug test.

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Colliers International.

Interview Details – Talked to group I would be working with, short open conversation, no hard questions.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Lake Success, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Colliers International.

Interview Details – it was pretty straightforward. they emailed me and asked me to come in. During the interview they just leo talking about the company and did not really ask me any questions. I am sure he could see that i was super nervous and shivering in my seat as it was my life's first interview. Be confident and research about the company as they will ask you to ask them questions.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Roving Maintenance Tech Interview

Roving Maintenance Tech
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Colliers International.

Interview Details – The manager that hired me had a hard time making a decision I guess. Was asked back for a 4th interview and turned down the job initially, since he couldn't make a decision. Was called back a year later for a different position and accepted the job after only 1 interview.

Interview Question – Had to take an engineers test, which can be daunting. After I was hired and talked to other maintenance techs, found out they didn't have to take a test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, was offered $4 an hour more than I was making at the time.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Colliers International in May 2012.

Interview Details – They contacted me from Indeed. Met Administrative Manager, then the Broker Executive VP for a team.

Interview Question – Basic questions..... easy. They did not check references, just hired me right away based on my skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none. Just offered me 40 Grand.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Colliers International

Interview Details – I applied through the school website. I received a call later that week. The initial phone interview was pretty basic, they just asked me what made me qualify and what experiences I've had before. It as a pretty quick phone interview and at the end of the conversation, they invited me in for an in-person interview which was very similar to the phone interview..just reiterated to another person.

Interview Question – Explain to us a time when you came across a difficult situation and how did you go about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just explained to them that my previous job payed X amount. They were willing to match.

Broker Interview

Broker
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Colliers International in November 2008.

Interview Details – Had a series of interviews with head of office, administrative head, brokers.Could have been better coordinated.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Irvine, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Colliers International in March 2012.

Interview Details – I received a phone call first as an initiall interview and that was mostly her asking me the general skill questions and where I want to be etc.....Next, I met with one of the marketing partners. It was a very casual interview. Not question and answer, more of a conversation about my experience and skills. She told me that she would make sure I got the 2nd interview. I did. I then met with her and her partner. They made me feel very at home. Introduced me to 2 other key member of the group. I felt as if they were telling me that I would get the position. After that interview, I never heard from them again and was never able to get anyone to answer my call and emails.

Interview Question – Where do you want to go with your career   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Colliers International in August 2010.

Interview Details – I started in another department as a temp with the company and heard of an open position. I inquired about it and was granted an interview. The interview itself was pretty standard, questions about my experience and background, schooling, skills. The interviewer was extremely professional and courteous. The office is upscale and professional, everyone is very well dressed. There is definitely a lot more cooperation and communication between departments than any other company I've ever worked with.

Interview Question – What are your future plans, career-wise?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Colliers International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colliers International interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Colliers International employees and interview candidates.