Colliers International

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.7

Valuation Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Colliers International.

Phone interview, in-person interview... No contact from anyone after the phone interview; I called HR a couple of weeks later and soon had an in-person interview. No response to my thank you letters or any contact after the in-person interview although only one other person was being interviewed for the position. It seemed like a waste of time and resources.

Interview Questions
    • I mostly was just told about the job and asked what I expected of it.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colliers International.

You will be interviewed by multiple brokers and the office head. Sometimes the office manager is the initial point of contact, it varies depending on how the office is run.

Interview Questions
    • There really are no difficult questions, but be prepared to say that you can and have worked with many different personalities and have the ability to multi-task. Also, it is helpful to bring work samples to show what you can do from a creative perspective.   Answer Question
    Based on experience

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Colliers International.

One person - others by phone. One person over the phone to see if they liked me. Discussed qualifications. Then from there, two other levels to have calls with. From there an in-person meeting was setup and a background check was conducted. When that all came through, a personality test was issues and an offer was made. Points about offer were discussed and a final offer was given.

Interview Questions
    • What was client base - asked to show names.   View Answer
    A few weeks - job responsibilities

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Colliers International.

5 rounds of interview. For the position, it was a waste of time.

Met all the Principals. Made it appear as if it was an opportunity of a lifetime. Was a joke however.

Interview Questions
    • Any High School graduate could have answered them correctly after a very heavy night of drinking   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Colliers International.

Small office near Santa Monica. Two interviewers asked me questions in a small room. They asked questions such as why did you choose your school, job experience, and other typical interview questionnaire.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Colliers International in July 2014.

Hiring process took several months. I received a phone call from the manager of the position a month after applying, and was scheduled for an interview with her and two senior members of the team, for about 45-60 minutes. A follow up interview was scheduled shortly after for the following week, along with an aptitude test.

In the follow up interview, all of the excitement and energy of the previous interviewers was gone. While it went well, the interviewer, a department manager, didn't seem very excited about the future of the company or her job, and admitted she was a micromanager.

Then came the aptitude test. I was told the department was using current software on Mac OSX, but they were in fact using outdated software, and though technically on a Mac, they actually used Parallels to run Windows. Obviously I didn't do well.

I was told we would set up an additional interview shortly, but after several emails, I never heard from anyone at that company again. Obviously my aptitude test was a concern, but after so much work and several rounds of interviews, I would have at least expected my emails to be returned.

Interview Questions
    • "If you could be any superhero, who would it be?"   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colliers International in May 2014.

The Hiring Process took about two weeks. I applied for the position on their careers webpage and waited for a week for some sort of response from the company. After I had not heard from them, I took it upon myself to email my resume directly to someone in the Marketing department. I was called in for an interview that day! It was about a week before the interview took place and it went as well as it could have gone. They are a great company that clearly knows how to be successful.

Interview Questions
    • The environment was very laid back and the interviewers were very friendly, doing their best to make me feel comfortable in their environment. Given that, there were no unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colliers International.

The interview process was lengthy. First, I interviewed with an employment agency, and then had two additional interviews with the people who became my bosses.

Interview Questions
    • For me, the most difficult questions involved knowledge of financial/accounting practices since I am fairly new to the field of business. For anyone versed in these topics, the interview should be fairly simple.   Answer Question
    Brief. After my third interview, I waited about 3 days before being offered the job. At that point, all I had to do was pass a drug test.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colliers International.

Talked to group I would be working with, short open conversation, no hard questions.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Colliers International in March 2014.

Met with a recruiter in a coffee shop, walked through my resume, and talked at LENGTH! Met 2 team members in the office for the 2nd interview. They had some questions but mostly it was conversational. came back a 3rd time to meet another EA and the HR Director I was going to support. Came back a 4th time to spend additional time with the HR Director and had coffee with another EA who has been supporting the Director while they look to fill this position. This was an excruciating process. The HR Director ended up asking me questions that were against typical interview procedure...ie. my home life (kids? married? etc) I felt uncomfortable to answer the questions and probably should have just walked away. But I answered truthfully. Turns out they rejected me as a candidate because of my situation, they said they felt I had "lied" about my situation and they didn't want a liar. I was highly offended and gave the recruiter a piece of my mind