Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

www.coloniallife.com
Engaged Employer

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.0

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Renton, WA).

Interview

The interview was fairly quick, easy, and painless. The person conducting the interview was very respectful. I was informed about the job, what I was expected to do, how pay worked, how training would be completed, etc. There was an initial up-front cost that they were honest I would have to pay should I accept this job. I felt like they were honest about the entire job which I was appreciative of.

Interview Questions

It was all commission based pay and that is unappealing to me at this time.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy going. The individual asked a series of questions trying to decide if I was a person that can handle the job. Questions were mainly about past work experience. The individual would relate your past work experience to what you would have to with the potential job. Also, the individual gave a great explanation of what was required for the job. I would suggest to anyone who is thinking about taking this job is that you have learn a lot of information to pass the insurance exam. So if you are a good test taker and learn quickly, this will be a good beginning for the job. The interview was very easy going and was able ask questions when needed or wanted.

Interview Questions

Realized that this was not the job for me.

Opener Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in June 2015.

Interview

Met several managers and coordinators at a career fair. We chatted and set up an interview. During the actual interview they were very curious to learn more about me and my background which was nice. The interview was laid back and I enjoyed meeting with them. The interview was also with the same people that I met at the career fair.

Interview Questions

The job is 100% commission and you're an independent contractor (1099). So there are some start up costs involved that you're responsible for as well as things like gas for your car. The first 6-12 months seemed like it could be very hard especially if you have no sales experience. I had a hard time feeling like I was going to be going into the "red" before making any money. I wish they offered a small base salary for the first year or at the very least covered your state insurance license costs. I didn't accept the position although I am seriously thinking about reconsidering.

Benefits Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview is solely dependent on the location, and the DGM offing the opportunity. There is no set interview. Further is said about the Colonial Life interview in the paragraph in the next section.

Interview Questions

• The interview would be conducted by an experienced sales agent, well adapted to understanding the market and the persistence required to function as an agent. The main concern is the structural personality of the individual being offered the opportunity. Colonial Life markets voluntary workplace benefits. The sale takes time and the ability to acclimate to the needs of the client. This is a professional business opportunity. The DGM might spend time in the interview speaking about his or her experiences, moreso than question you. As a new agent, it is not assumed that you'd have sales experience. The sale is basically relationship building.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no salary, so the negotiation phase is when you face a potential client.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

He told me about the company and described what my training and duties would be. He then asked me if I would be wiling to get my health sales license. He then explained how the company works. .

Interview Questions

• Are you making enough money   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Ithaca, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Simple, explain your accomplishments, information base interview, group interview, easy questions, another interview Monday, pretty much willing to take anyone. This review thing wants me to write more but there's nothing more to say.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co..

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview and when I got to the office location no one was in the building. I called the number I had been given and I emailed the person who had scheduled my interview and until now…no response! very unprofessional and a waste of my time. Not worth the drive, my effort, and the money I spent on a babysitter.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The Interview process involved a short orientation about the position and about the company then later on an interview with a manager. They spent a lot of time talking about what the company was and about how an opener makes a lot of money. However when I got to the interview with the manager, I was informed about the fact that the salary was completely by commission. There was not even a base salary and the manager even informed me that he went on for a couple of months without earning anything before he finally got some policies signed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in insurance? What's your background?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Interview

Application

Interview

The regional site uses a recruiter to collect and contact persons regarding 1099 positions. The recruiter does not use precise interests and is not forthright about the opportunities which people may consider. Most interviews are conducted in a group and have general information. It is difficult to get direct answers regarding the job or the job pay.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 weeks. I applied online, and then was sent a questionnaire type email that I was to fill out and return within 48 hours. Next there was a 30 minute phone interview asking questions about past work experience. I was immediately told that the phone interview went well and I chose a day to come in the following week for an onsite interview. This is where it got interesting... I was interviewed in a room with the 2 managers of the call center and immediately became very uncomfortable when I was questioned where I was from because of my accent. The manager also mentioned that he liked my resume but I did not look like what he imagined I would, based on my resume. We went through a few questions that I expected.."why do you want to work here" and the manager interrupted me to tell me I seemed extremely nervous and my lip was quivering. I told them I was a little nervous (but I was not shaking and who isn't a little nervous for a job interview?) After a series of questions I was given a description of services provided by a fictitious hotel and given 1 minute to look over it. Then one manager left the room to be the caller for a mock phone call while the other manager stayed in the room to observe me. The manger came over the phone acting as a rude customer asking if he could bring his dog to the hotel. The paper said 'no pets' so I informed him of that and suggested he put the dog in a pet hotel. After the phone call, the manager came back into the room and listed things I did wrong. Overall, I felt I did well in the interview, and I was offered the job the same day. I declined the job offer because I felt as though my looks and accent caused the interviewers to demean me throughout the interview and I was not treated with the professionalism that I expect.

Interview Questions

• List 3 reasons why you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

The interviewers made unprofessional comments and made me feel very uncomfortable throughout the interview because of my accent and where I am from.