Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

www.coloniallife.com

1.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in October 2014.

Very comfortable interview. I have 27 years in a parallel industry so it was pretty low key. The manager put me at ease right away and explained the position very well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in March 2012.

Recruiter was Human Resources Professional and could relate to sales to employers versus sales to individuals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in November 2010.

Question one, can you breath on your own? Do you have a car? Do you have any leads if so how many?

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any sales lead so family management can seal them from you?   View Answer
    You will work on 100% commissions please give me your leads.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in February 2010.

There were two people who were present for my interview which was carried out at a coffee shop. They were very friendly and transparent. When I asked the average first year compensation for sales reps at Colonial Life, they said $35-$50k. I was offered the chance to move onto a second interview if I wanted to pursue becoming an agent for Colonial Life.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any questions now that we've presented Colonial Life to you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in July 2009.

The company so far looks nice. I did a complete background check on them using Google to see if they are not a scam like many of the places I had taken interviews before. but they seemed nice and interview went well.

Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. in June 2010.

I was contacted by email for a sales agent interview and quickly realized the other people going to the same place as me were going to participate in a group interview/presentation. They went over the company, the commission structure (25% commission, 70% of which is paid upon closing and 30% remaining held for 8 months. All agents are independent contractors. 10 white males interviewed and only 1 female and minority. You pick your manager from office staff. They are all nice to interviewee because they get a % commission of your sales. But noprices are given so you don't know what tge 25% is based off of.

You get to work from hone but Tuesdays are phone today's and your expected to come in from 9 - 3pm. As and independant gent you are required to have a state issued insurance license. This costs the candidate roughly $275 and takes 2 weeks to process.

Interview Questions

I didn't want to pay $275 and insurance business does not seem lucrative.