Colonial Penn Life Insurance

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

TELESALES Representative Interview

TELESALES Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process went well, like being on a first date, everyone was on their best behavior

Negotiation Details – A recruiter from Mount Carmel, Indiana calls to make you the offer and expects for you to give an answer right then and there. I violated the rule of thumb by accepting right away, Dont!

TELESALES Representative Interview

TELESALES Representative
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance in September 2010.

Interview Details – 75% ON-LINE, very professional company

Interview Question – All questions were relevant and easy to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance.

Interview Details – Submitted application and resume online, took online skills and personality assessment. I was contacted by corporate HR a few days later to set up an in person interview. 3 step in person interview process. Met with Sales supervisor, then took a battery of skills and personality assessments, then met with a Sales Manager. In person interview process took about 4 hours. Signed authorization for background check. HR contacted me 3 days later with formal offer.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you did not achieve a goal at work and how you handled it."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating really, it was pretty much take it or leave it. I did have my choice of early or late shift, I took early of course.

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance in April 2010.

Interview Details – it was very easy. The testing was not complicated, although it did take several hours.

Interview Question – The questions are pretty much standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there wasnt one

Telesales Interview

Telesales
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance in August 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty intensive interview. First there was a phone screen, followed by a 1 on 1 interview, followed by a multiple choice computerized test describing various customer service issue with options of how I would react under the different scenarios. This was then followed by another 1 on 1 with another manager. I was there a total of 4 hours.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult or unexpected, just time consuming.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Even though I am licensed in NJ, I am not licensed in PA, and the salary they were offering was that of an unlicensed person.

Customer Service/Sales Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance.

Interview Details – The interview was fine. Interviewed with two managers who seemed nice. They let it be known, that this job requires hard work and that an employee is expected to succeed of be fired.

Interview Question – What was unexpected was the faulty computer. After the one-on-one interview which lasted for about 20 minutes. After which a computer simulated exam of a typical work day was taken. The computer that I took this exam on was so slow it took me three hours to complete a 40 minute test. The computer kept stopping and starting, clicking things I did not click, and ultimately leading to me, failing an exam that was of infant complexity.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance

Interview Details – You will typically talk to a supervisor and a manager. Just tell them what they want to hear. "I like people. I'm competitive. I give great customer service. Blah blah blah

Interview Question – Are you going to be comfortable sitting in a seat all day?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. You take what they give you or leave

Customer Service Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Colonial Penn Life Insurance.

Interview Details – interview process was about 3hours long, where the supervisor lies to you and tell you that you would be serviceing the customer and maybe would offer them ins. they never tell you that even though you are supposed to be a agent. your job is based on sales

Interview Question – quotas and goal are forever changing and are unrealistic   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Colonial Penn Life Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colonial Penn Life Insurance interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Colonial Penn Life Insurance employees and interview candidates.