Colonial Properties Trust

Negotiation Details – Non existent

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Assistant Property Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Colonial Properties Trust in February 2010.

Interview Details – Process tokk mor than a month. Interviewed with at 2 executives and one Proeprty Manager

Interview Question – How do you feel about discrination in the workplace. That's odd- should there be more than one answer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ve simple. not a ot of back and forth

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Assistant Property Manager
Charlotte, NC

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Colonial Properties Trust in April 2011.

Interview Details – Wonderful!
They are nice and very honest about what they're looking for.
If you're not it, you wouldn't have even gotten an interview. For them, selection is so precise that interviews are more like formalities to confirm what they already know!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – yes, I would say look up what they offer, and then gently ask for a higher estimate. Don't be ridiculously high.

Very Easy Interview

Property Manager Interview

Property Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Colonial Properties Trust.

Interview Details – They run ads that get picked up by Indeed.com. You apply via their company website. If you are chosen to interview there is an online test that you take. The RVP told me to "Google" any problems that I got stumped on as that is what she did!! Really? what's the point.... I have amazing references, but not one of them was called during the hiring process so I guess you don't have to be crazy honest with your credentials.

Interview Question – RVP wasn't the best interviewer as she talked the whole time and really didn't ask many questions, and pretty much just detailed the job description and duties while she "multitasked" on her Blackberry, iPod, iPad, and Laptop......all at the same time and again, I kid you know.   Answer Question

Construction Interview

Construction

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Colonial Properties Trust in July 2009.

Interview Details – Phone call. Then face to face with several people. Overall the interview process wasn't bad. It took awhile to finally go from introduction to offer, probably a month.

Interview Question – Asked about previous experience   View Answer

Leasing Specialist Interview

Leasing Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Colonial Properties Trust in April 2009.

Interview Details – After applying and submitting my resume, I was asked to take an online assessment. The assessment consists of everything from math, grammer to personality. It was very tedious and took at least an hour. Upon successful completion of the assessment, I had an interview with the property manager. The questions were very general, but somewhat repetitive (alot like the online personality assessment). I'm not sure if the questions were standard or just the approach that this particular PM chose. After we finished the interview, the PM asked me to come back the following day for a second interview with a PM from a different complex. The first interview given by the hiring PM lasted close to an hour while the second one only lasted about 15 minutes.

Each step is to 'weed out' candidates. For the assessment, the PM said that consistency is most important. There is actually a score from 1-10 based on how consistent the candidate is in answering their questions. If the score on consistency is low, a candidate most likely will not be asked for an interview.

Interview Question – What do you feel will be most challenging for you in this position?   Answer Question

Worked for Colonial Properties Trust? Contribute to the Community!