Color Kinetics

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Updated Jul 10, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Color Kinetics

Customer Service Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Color Kinetics.

I got a call from a contracting agency about a role in customer service. They asked me about my experience with some software and scheduled me an interview. I was a bit stand-off-ish because I had negative experiences with agencies previously. The agency got me in touch with manager at PCK. I interviewed with a nice manager via phone. She put me on with 2 of her team leads who were totally thrilled at my experience. A few days later I was invited in for an in-person interview at the Burlington Facility. I interviewed with the 2 team-leads and then the manager. On the way in, I got the vibe that the company has a very positive feel to it.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult problem and how did you work to solve it   Answer Question
    The negotiations were basically done by the agency so I got an amazing contract rate.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Color Kinetics in August 2013.

Invitation by HR via Linkedln to apply for that entry level position. She was pretty friendly talking to me about company's profile and explain job functions. Got a phone interview one week later with a senior mechanical engineer.However, he turns out to be a little impatient and even not go through my resume clearly and keep throwing bomb to me with " Do you have experience of blah blah blah " which make me feel so bad as new grad always have limited work experience in certain area. I don't want to lie but also I don't want to screw up my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience of blah blah blah? Which word better describe you --Designer, Project leader, Quality Control?   Answer Question

EE Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Color Kinetics in November 2008.

All communications were clear. Tour of facility was nice

Interview Questions
    • Describe your past experience and why you want to work here   Answer Question

SQA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Color Kinetics in April 2011.

I first had a phone screen with an HR rep. He set me up with a phone screen with the Hiring manager. I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. I met with 4 people including the hiring manager. I was asked technical and experience questions. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. Unfortunately I didn't have some key experience in my background, so I was not offered the job.