Colorado College Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Colorado College

Fitness Center Analyst Interview

Interview

was told of opening by friend. submitted resume and cover letter and received an e-mail back within the week. then i had a phone interview. pretty basic questions meant to give more real world experience than anything else.

Interview Questions

• pretty typical questions. do you feel comfortable intervening in safety cases?`   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Colorado College.

Interview

The person who would have been my supervisor called me, and emailed me, asking me for an interview. I had a phone interview with about five people in attendance; they each asked me 1 - 2 questions; the interview lasted approximately twenty minutes. About a week or two later, my would-be supervisor called me and invited me out for a campus interview. The campus interview lasted a full day, starting at 8 am and ending at about 5 pm. During the campus visit, I met one-on-one with quite a few different people, and I also did a presentation that lasted approximately 45 minutes. My would-be supervisor was incredibly friendly, professional, and organized. I would have loved working for her because she demonstrated such high levels of professionalism. During my full-day campus interview, which was grueling, she made sure to schedule several small breaks for me so I could spend some time alone and recover a bit. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and courteous. My would-be supervisor called me approximately 3 weeks after my campus interview to let me know that they chose the other candidate. She apologized for taking so long to contact me -- she was incredibly friendly and professional throughout the entire process. I really appreciated the fact that she called me with the rejection, rather than just emailing me.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with parents who do not want students to attend a college that have high reported rates of rape?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Colorado College (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Was interviewed by two supervisors. Very straightforward questions. Nothing too unexpected. Sent resume and expressed interest to the supervisors. After they narrowed down the applications they contacted a couple of the candidates for in person interviews. After a short waiting period, maybe a week, they let me know that I got the position.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Colorado College.

Interview

Lots of committee based hiring. People from divisions that have nothing to do with your job will be in the room. Generally there is a phone interview and then a sit down interview in front of the hiring committee where each committee member will ask a few questions. Try to be personable and get the room to laugh with you. Chances are, few of them will be professional interviewers or managers, so you may be able to work this to your advantage. The selection process will probably be long, 2 weeks or more.

Interview Questions

• Women's and minority concerns will be addressed, and that is probably the toughest one. Be prepared, as there is usually someone from women's concerns on the committee. Most people do not have an answer because they don't want to sound as though they have a problem with diverse groups of people. It's tough to talk about in an interview because if you are not a minority or a woman, you feel like you're walking through a minefield.   1 Answer
    • Generally Colorado College committees will ask about how you would change things or what you would do with x or y at the College. This is a near impossible question for anyone outside since they do not know what needs improving at the College, and they don't know the underlying politics of this question.   1 Answer
    • Don't mention your religious affiliation.   1 Answer

Career Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Colorado College (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, personal interview, selection process