Colorado Department of Corrections

www.doc.state.co.us

Colorado Department of Corrections Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Colorado Department of Corrections

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Colorado Department of Corrections in June 2014.

I was contacted to interview for an admin assistant position two days prior to the interview. The interview experience was very pleasant and down to earth. A group of 5 individuals were present during the interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Colorado Department of Corrections.

Interviewing was very pleasant, there were two managers present who bounced questions off me and allowed me to answer in the privacy of a small office. Notes were taken but did not detract from the relaxed atmosphere. Two week turnaround from date of interview to date of hire.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. They stated that I would receive a certain salary paid on the last business day of each month, and they would brook no discussion of a higher salary since that was the income dictated by State of Colorado.

Correctional Officer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Colorado Department of Corrections in January 2011.

Lengthy background check, skills and intelligence test and of course pee in a bottle a few times.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your criminal past: Crimes that you commited that were not detected.   View Answer
    • Tell us about your use of drugs in the past.   View Answer
    There was no negotiating. It is a state job, so everyone is paid the same.