Colorado Department of Corrections

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Colorado Department of Corrections in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted to interview for an admin assistant position two days prior to the interview. The interview experience was very pleasant and down to earth. A group of 5 individuals were present during the interview.

Interview Question – What would be your ideal position at DOC?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Colorado Department of Corrections.

Interview Details – Interviewing was very pleasant, there were two managers present who bounced questions off me and allowed me to answer in the privacy of a small office. Notes were taken but did not detract from the relaxed atmosphere. Two week turnaround from date of interview to date of hire.

Interview Question – Tell us why we should hire you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They stated that I would receive a certain salary paid on the last business day of each month, and they would brook no discussion of a higher salary since that was the income dictated by State of Colorado.

Very Difficult Interview

Correctional Officer I Interview

Correctional Officer I
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Colorado Department of Corrections in January 2011.

Interview Details – Lengthy background check, skills and intelligence test and of course pee in a bottle a few times.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your criminal past: Crimes that you commited that were not detected.   View Answer
  • Tell us about your use of drugs in the past.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. It is a state job, so everyone is paid the same.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Colorado Department of Corrections? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colorado Department of Corrections interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Colorado Department of Corrections employees and interview candidates.