Colorado Department of Transportation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Real Estate Lease Administrator Interview

Real Estate Lease Administrator
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Colorado Department of Transportation in September 2013.

Interview Details – I do not know if all CDOT application processes are the same, but this was my experience:

The salary in the job listing was from “$3,834 - $5,475 per month.” At the time, my salary requirements were around $4,800 per month.

After completing a questionnaire, and submitting a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript, the application is subject to an initial screening to ensure it meets specific minimum requirements.

Upon meeting the minimum requirements, the application is put through a comparative analysis process.

The comparative analysis process consists of a structured review of application materials submitted. This application review identifies a top group of applicants who will continue in the selection process.

If the application is part of the top 10 to 12 applicants, you will be invited to an oral board panel and a written exercise. In this phase, you are given 10 questions and a set amount of time (approx. 40 min) to answer in front of a 4-person hiring panel. The questions are provided about 30 minutes in advance of going in front of the oral board. During these 30 minutes, you can prepare your answers and complete the written exercise.

During the oral board, the hiring panel does not respond or ask any follow up questions to your responses. The applicant decides when to transition from one question to the next. At the end, they tank you and send you on your way. There is no dialogue.

After the oral board panel is complete the candidates are ranked and the hiring manager can choose between any of the top 6 candidates. The hiring manager will then conduct a follow up interview with the candidates of their choosing.

I was told I was the #3 candidate after the oral board review and conducted a follow-up phone interview with the hiring manager. At this time, you discuss salary and any follow up questions that the hiring manager may have. It was revealed that as a 1st-year CDOT employee one would start at the bottom of the salary range in the job description and there was essentially no room for negotiation on that.

CDOT was very formal, professional and communicative during the process. However, I was fully employed at the time and if I had known they could not meet my salary requirements, I would not have applied. I do not know if I was not offered the position because of the salary requirements I expressed of if I was not the top candidate -- or a combination.

Interview Question – The written exercise was unexpected. I never learned how I performed on it, but it was an unexpected twist and a source of some stress immediately before the oral board review.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bhopal (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Colorado Department of Transportation in August 2011.

Interview Details – Technical and HR interview after shortlisting on basis of CGPA. Both interviwees sat together and the interview was about 30 minutes long. Grilled on C++ and asked about interests in other subjects and then asked questions on them. Very chilled out interview. HR personnel was good. Technical was very rude and also dint know a lot, i guess.

Interview Question – Just simple questions from C,C++, Networks   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Converted calls from all the IIMs so now studying in one of them :)

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Colorado Department of Transportation in July 2010.

Interview Details – its quite simple

Interview Question – was mainly from C-language,related to pointers   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Trans Mtce II Interview

Trans Mtce II

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Colorado Department of Transportation in June 2009.

Interview Details – Ask about personal knowlage, how to handle personel problems , situations . abilities.
bui;ld your self up not tear others down.
Dress beter tahn you normaly would to do the job but so if need be you could get up from the interview and go right to work

Interview Questions

Worked for Colorado Department of Transportation? Contribute to the Community!