Colorado Springs Utilities

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Materials Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities in September 2010.

Interview Details – There were 3 people on my interview panel. The questions were very generic and focused on whether I was able to get along with people

Interview Question – How well do you get along with project managers   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I felt like the hiring manager was weak

Administration Professional Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities in March 2014.

Interview Details – Apply online, wait, take prequalification test online, wait, then invited to a panel interview.

Interview Question – All questions were fairly typical and expected.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst (Entry Level) Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was not asked to be interviewed. However, they administered an eSkill test to sort through the candidates. This test was 90 minutes long and had 66 questions covering the topics of: Cost Accounting, Budgeting and Fiscal Planning. The questions had 2-3 sentences to read and they were multiple choice. Understand cost accounting basics, reading financial statements, allocating labor hours, variance analysis, debits and credits to the financial statements, inventory (LIFO, FIFO) and accrual accounting methods. From what I remember, financial models were not covered. You cannot use a calculator or any resources. If you do not have a background in accounting, this test will be difficult for you complete within the allocated time.

Interview Question – eSkills test - 90 minutes to answer 66 questions   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities in July 2011.

Interview Details – I met with the manager and a couple of people from his team. The manager and the team were really nice. They asked basic questions, "Tell us about yourself" type questions. Then they had a sheet of technical questions, which they took turns asking. I think they had some kind of a rubric they had to fill out as they went. The questions were pretty standard computer security questions. I tried to prepare for the interview, but wasn't sure what to study, so I didn't do very well, but I think if I had spent a few hours doing Security+ and CISSP sample exams, I would have done a lot better. I'm rating it as difficult, but that's just because I have a hard time with technical interviews. Overall, I thought it was a positive exeperience. The people were nice, the questions they asked were reasonable considering the position, and they never made me feel uncomfortable.

Interview Question – I can't remember any specific questions, but there were some about firewall rules, subnetting, how you would troubleshoot a connectivity issue, etc...   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Colorado Springs Utilities? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colorado Springs Utilities interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Colorado Springs Utilities employees and interview candidates.