Colorado Springs Utilities Interview Questions

2.7

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Specific questions related to job. Some behavioral questions. Some actual tests / exercises to illustrate competency. Brief tour of where you would be working.

Hiring / onboard process was ok, letters by mail regarding job offers, benefits, etc.

Administrative Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities.

Interview

One phone call. One interview and the culture seemed professional and straight across the board

Interview Questions

• The questions were the typical tell us about yourself? what can you contribute? along with a few "what would you do" ethics questions   Answer Question

Administration Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Apply online, wait, take prequalification test online, wait, then invited to a panel interview.

Financial Analyst (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

I was not asked to be interviewed. However, they administered an eSkill test to sort through the candidates. This test was 90 minutes long and had 66 questions covering the topics of: Cost Accounting, Budgeting and Fiscal Planning. The questions had 2-3 sentences to read and they were multiple choice. Understand cost accounting basics, reading financial statements, allocating labor hours, variance analysis, debits and credits to the financial statements, inventory (LIFO, FIFO) and accrual accounting methods. From what I remember, financial models were not covered. You cannot use a calculator or any resources. If you do not have a background in accounting, this test will be difficult for you complete within the allocated time.

Materials Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2010.

Interview

There were 3 people on my interview panel. The questions were very generic and focused on whether I was able to get along with people

Interview Questions

I felt like the hiring manager was weak

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Colorado Springs Utilities in July 2011.

Interview

I met with the manager and a couple of people from his team. The manager and the team were really nice. They asked basic questions, "Tell us about yourself" type questions. Then they had a sheet of technical questions, which they took turns asking. I think they had some kind of a rubric they had to fill out as they went. The questions were pretty standard computer security questions. I tried to prepare for the interview, but wasn't sure what to study, so I didn't do very well, but I think if I had spent a few hours doing Security+ and CISSP sample exams, I would have done a lot better. I'm rating it as difficult, but that's just because I have a hard time with technical interviews. Overall, I thought it was a positive exeperience. The people were nice, the questions they asked were reasonable considering the position, and they never made me feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any specific questions, but there were some about firewall rules, subnetting, how you would troubleshoot a connectivity issue, etc...   Answer Question