Colorado State University

www.colostate.edu

Colorado State University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Collins, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Colorado State University in August 2010.

Interview Details – I initially heard about this position through one of the faculty members. I was referred to a professor who then referred me to a graduate student. I had an informal interview with the graduate student who hired me immediately as the contract was already in progress with an external client.

Interview Question – The questions were based on my background and I discussed my previous work history, school experience and my ambitions for the position offered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The terms of the contract were firm.

Fort Collins, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Colorado State University in December 2011.

Interview Details – It basically started of with talking to one of the professors regrading courses and all. After that when I learned he had a position in his research team I went to him and asked him directly if I could work with him. After that it was all about talking about the expectations from each other and what we were expecting out of this.

Interview Question – All your courses have been regrading the waste water treatment, will you be able to do the amount of homework required to get into the oil and gas research we are talking about here and how are you planning to do that? And do you think it will be a problem in future while searching jobs because your course work and research doesn't have a lot in common?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Colorado State University

Interview Details – Initial communication via email, and that led to a couple of telephonic interviews. Final interview was a one-to-one meeting. In about a 30 days period, I was conveyed that I got the job.

Interview Question – How would you act on an 'XYZ' situation? The question had many possible answers and aspects.   Answer Question

Fort Collins, CO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Colorado State University in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had an interview with the researcher. I had taken a few of his classes previously, and was able to incorporate that knowledge into the discussion.

Interview Question – What do you want to do after graduation?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant

The process took a day - interviewed at Colorado State University in April 2010.

Interview Details – Being a GRA position, the interview was informal and involved a description of the work followed by the option to accept.

Interview Question – Do you really want to do this?   Answer Question

Worked for Colorado State University? Contribute to the Community!