Colorado State University

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.5

Communications Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Colorado State University.

The hiring process at this university is very slow and formal. it involves a phone interview with the hiring committee who will ask a set list of 6-8 questions and at least one on-campus interview where you will be asked to present at an open forum where anyone across campus can ask questions. There is a tradition of favoring internal candidates, although talent is prioritized for the most part.

Interview Questions
    • How will you navigate the internal politics of a university and build relationships at all levels?   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

Work culture is really good considering friendly peers. Basic personality questions and flexibility in work schedule. The student mangers are really good and they need people. It has a lot of importance of being for work on time.

Fixed minimum wage

Web Developer Interview

I applied for the post through the RamWeb. A couple of days later, I received a call from a manager at who scheduled me for a phone interview. The same recruiter conducted the phone interview two days later. He asked me very basic questions based on my resume. Asked me to describe what I did at my previous job. Asked a couple of more detailed questions based on my answers. When asked what the next step would be if I cleared this interview, I will receive a mail from him

Research Associate II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Colorado State University.

Interviewed for a position that worked collaboratively with a federal agency. The people conducting the interview had little to no training in how to run an interview, or the steps to the hiring process. The entire hiring process was a fiasco. The point person / point of contact for follow up about the job ended up being a peer, rather than a supervisor, and had no ability or power to handle negotiations. Make sure you know who to talk to about negotiations. This was not clear, probably because of incompetence in the whole hiring process. I was unable to negotiate, because my job offer (and all contact) was with someone with absolutely no power to negotiate with me.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were reasonable, and very appropriate. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    The point person / point of contact for follow up about the job ended up being a peer, rather than a supervisor, and had no ability or power to handle negotiations. Make sure you know who to talk to about negotiations. This was not clear, probably because of incompetence in the whole hiring process. I was unable to negotiate, because my job offer and all contact was with someone with absolutely no power to negotiate with me.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Colorado State University in July 2014.

I applied in early June, received notice that CSU would like to schedule a phone interview with me two weeks later, and had the phone interview a week following that – easy. Two weeks later, after following up, I was notified that I was in the final round of interviews, and that the hiring committee would like to meet me in person for an interview.

I was told to put together a comprehensive presentation for my interview, which I prepared very well. The interview was the best I've ever had – the meeting was two hours long.

Two weeks later (after following up) I was informed that I did not get the job, through a voicemail. I am now seeing the ideas and concepts proposed in my interview presentation popping up on CSU's online sites, and have learned that one of my INTERVIEWEES was actually hired internally for the position.

My advice to CSU: If you plan to hire internally, keep in best practices by not having your preferred hire interviewing other candidates. Additionally, do not gleam ideas or inspiration off of candidates' presentations that they spent hours strategizing and working on.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Colorado State University.

Many of you may have watched my YouTube videos but what you don’t see are the behind the scenes situations that take place. Some situations are rather funny and some are rather serious. The glamour and glitz that athletes and their families imagine about this process is not what I have personally experienced. Yes, we have fun, but there are a lot of factors that go into securing and accepting a college football scholarship.

Interview Questions
    • What other schools are recruiting you?   View Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Colorado State University.

Phone interview first. Then in-person interview with an internal search committee comprised of about 16 people.

Interview Questions
    • CSU will almost always ask you about Land Grand Universities. Do your homework and be ready to know about CSU's land grant heritage.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Software Maintenance – HDS Operations Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Colorado State University in October 2013.

Interview was easy, as I am a student at CSU form CIS. Luckily my manager had the same degree from same professors. Received call from Manager for 1:1 interview. He asked me questions related to basic computer skills and explain me the process and software.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Initial communication via email, and that led to a couple of telephonic interviews. Final interview was a one-to-one meeting. In about a 30 days period, I was conveyed that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you act on an 'XYZ' situation? The question had many possible answers and aspects.   Answer Question

Student IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Colorado State University.

Normal interview followed by half hr of troubleshooting questions.

Interview Questions
    Limited, strict starting wage policy. No wiggle room.