Colorado State University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014

2.6

Research Associate II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Colorado State University.

Interviewed for a position that worked collaboratively with a federal agency. The people conducting the interview had little to no training in how to run an interview, or the steps to the hiring process. The entire hiring process was a fiasco. The point person / point of contact for follow up about the job ended up being a peer, rather than a supervisor, and had no ability or power to handle negotiations. Make sure you know who to talk to about negotiations. This was not clear, probably because of incompetence in the whole hiring process. I was unable to negotiate, because my job offer (and all contact) was with someone with absolutely no power to negotiate with me.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were reasonable, and very appropriate. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    The point person / point of contact for follow up about the job ended up being a peer, rather than a supervisor, and had no ability or power to handle negotiations. Make sure you know who to talk to about negotiations. This was not clear, probably because of incompetence in the whole hiring process. I was unable to negotiate, because my job offer and all contact was with someone with absolutely no power to negotiate with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Colorado State University in August 2010.

I initially heard about this position through one of the faculty members. I was referred to a professor who then referred me to a graduate student. I had an informal interview with the graduate student who hired me immediately as the contract was already in progress with an external client.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were based on my background and I discussed my previous work history, school experience and my ambitions for the position offered.   Answer Question
    The terms of the contract were firm.

Advanced Video Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Colorado State University in May 2011.

Was hired in from when I was a student hourly. First as a 1 year temp contract then after a year as a full time. It was truly a lengthy "backdoor" process.

Interview Questions
    • No formal interview for the promotion took place. The most difficult part about that was you just had to constantly prove your worth when aiming for a full time job.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Colorado State University.

Many of you may have watched my YouTube videos but what you don’t see are the behind the scenes situations that take place. Some situations are rather funny and some are rather serious. The glamour and glitz that athletes and their families imagine about this process is not what I have personally experienced. Yes, we have fun, but there are a lot of factors that go into securing and accepting a college football scholarship.

Interview Questions
    • What other schools are recruiting you?   View Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Colorado State University in August 2012.

The hiring process is very simple. Almost all the departments have an online application process to get into the hiring pool. Once you are in the pool you have a chance to get a interview. The interview can provide with very important feedback and maybe en in a great job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of my job is the communication skills and how to speak in from of the audience.   Answer Question

Research Associate III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Colorado State University in March 2010.

I did not have an interview; was hired by professor based on work knowledge

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

interviewed at Colorado State University in April 2013.

Talked initially through email after I responded to the job posting. Went to interview in person and received a job offer about two days later.

Interview Questions
    • There were no curve ball questions asked for this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Colorado State University in December 2011.

It basically started of with talking to one of the professors regrading courses and all. After that when I learned he had a position in his research team I went to him and asked him directly if I could work with him. After that it was all about talking about the expectations from each other and what we were expecting out of this.

Interview Questions
    • All your courses have been regrading the waste water treatment, will you be able to do the amount of homework required to get into the oil and gas research we are talking about here and how are you planning to do that? And do you think it will be a problem in future while searching jobs because your course work and research doesn't have a lot in common?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Colorado State University.

Phone interview first. Then in-person interview with an internal search committee comprised of about 16 people.

Interview Questions
    • CSU will almost always ask you about Land Grand Universities. Do your homework and be ready to know about CSU's land grant heritage.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Initial communication via email, and that led to a couple of telephonic interviews. Final interview was a one-to-one meeting. In about a 30 days period, I was conveyed that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you act on an 'XYZ' situation? The question had many possible answers and aspects.   Answer Question

Worked for Colorado State University? Contribute to the Community!