Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Colorado Timberframe in October 2011.Interview Details
I had several meetings with Keenan Tompkins, the President and Owner of Colorado Timberframe. He had been highly recommended. Each time I walked away with a really good feeling about him as a person as well as his vast knowledge and experience. I was pleased to find his reputation for intelligence, honesty, down to earth personality and desire to do everything in his power to help people into the timber frame home of their dreams, not only well founded but well established.
I was also very pleased to learn the following about Colorado Timberframe:
1) Premium quality Douglas fir timbers air dried and acclimated in their facility just outside of Denver.
2) True timber frame mortise & tenon joinery, or wood-on-wood joint connections (if you desire, they also offer and are well versed with metal plates and steel fasteners).
3) The best or certainly one of the very best master timber framers and 3D timber frame designers in the industry.
4) They have a professional and well seasoned staff. This includes Keenan at the helm, and his brother, Tirion Tompkins (part owner and construction expert), Jenna Thieler, a wonderful and very dependable office manager, some of the very best and thorough project managers you can ask for, and quality conscious, diligent and experienced timber frame assembly crews.
5) A Mountain Timber Frame Division (including elegant traditional mountain timber frame homes as well as mountain modern timber homes). One of the things this division offers is a special handpicked extensive collection of architectural plans from the most distinctive mountain timber & stone home architectural firms. Special appointments can be made to view these incredible floor plans and elevations and are well worth the time of those planning to build a luxury quality timber or timber frame home. These homes are designed with both darker, more rustic and/or reclaimed timbers to more modern, natural light timbers. Contact information for this specialty division can be found on the bottom of their website's contact page.
6) They have a handful of carefully picked luxury and distinctive traditional mountain timber frame and mountain modern timber home architect partners whom they can provide references on.
7) Colorado Timberframe is one of the only companies in the West with ownership of heavy duty high tech timber cutting machinery. This machinery offers precision cut timbers and joinery. It will also save you 2 to 3 times on timber cutting time then conventional frame cutting methods. Time savings with timber cutting really does convert to significant cost and material efficiencies with tight construction/building envelopes.
8) Local turn-key experience at the highest level -- three generations of top quality residential and commercial construction expertise (within 2 hours of Boulder, Colorado).
9) Excellent customer service -- provide above and beyond services -- such as forwarding pictures of your home being built throughout all the various stages of construction.
10) Very fair and competitive pricing structure to their clients.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- Didn't find any questions difficult. Very conversational in interview approach. Answer Question