Columbia College Chicago Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.1

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Columbia College Chicago in November 2012.

One phone interview. One in-person interview with the hiring manager and team. And a second interview with the department head. Very casual. Most of the team was out and that didn't seem to affect the decision.

Interview Questions
    • What's your favorite musician (not a music-related job)   Answer Question
    I asked for a higher salary and the hiring manager checked with his supervisor. Then, I was offered a little more.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Columbia College Chicago in June 2012.

The interview process was very informal. I sat down with the person who would be my direct supervisor and his counterpart. It was really just a discussion of what I've done in my career. Later I was called in to meet with the direct supervisor and his supervisor. Again, the same thing. I was offered the job a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't seem very well versed in interviewing techniques and didn't ask any really thought provoking questions in the interview. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    They offered very little money. I countered back and they met me in the middle.

Junior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Columbia College Chicago in June 2010.

The people there were easy to communicate with making the work there easier to do the work that was required.

Interview Questions
    Reasonable salary and flexible work schedule. Its a good place to start to utilize your customer service skill.

Student Worker Interview

Simple applied online.

set salary.

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Columbia College Chicago.

Practices have changed and my hiring and interview process is now out of date. It was fair and inclusive. The hiring manager carefully sought a good-fit with the position's clients.

Chair, Theatre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Columbia College Chicago in December 2009.

Phone then on line video (preSkype)

Adjunct Faculty - FIlm & Video Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Columbia College Chicago in January 2011.

The school has made the shift to hiring only individuals with a Master's Degree or better. Their preference is for experience, whether through local industry opportunities or from the national level. Typically, you must meet with a department leader, then a committee, then another individual higher up, and possibly make a presentation to a class and yet another committee.

Interview Questions
    • This can depend upon who is on your committee, but the most difficult typically has to do with dealing with students who can be extremely difficult for any number and variety of personal reasons.   Answer Question

Library Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Columbia College Chicago in September 2009.

-Called a week after applying online
    -Said she had space but schedule must agree with position
    -Met in office for 1:1
    -Was hired on the spot
    -Classes had to agree with time needed
    -Showed me around the library
    -Met with staff and learned all the ins and outs of both buildings
    -Also went through the system that was used to do daily work
    -Have to show some knowledge of windows and mac version computers in order to help students

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the things that have helped you when you have encountered a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me how you would handle a situation if I was not able to come to the office?   Answer Question
    None

Modelshop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Columbia College Chicago in January 2009.

"How would you handle confrontations?"
    "Please describe one occasion when you took leadership."

Interview Questions
    • Please explain how " " [engineering term] works.   View Answer
    • How does network system work?   View Answer

Offered another position from a different company.

Student Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Columbia College Chicago.

Applied on Columbia Works, got a email from the supervisor immediately, then scheduled an interview.
    Asked general questions like; how do yo figure out which tasks are more important and how do you complete them?

no negotiation.

Worked for Columbia College Chicago? Contribute to the Community!