Columbia Law School Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

In Alumni and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Columbia Law School in March 2012.

Very thorough - you meet the entire team, interview with different folk you'd work with, and meet with direct supervisor before getting through final interview. It was tough but I appreciated being able to meet with everyone I would end up working with. I was asked about past experience and was asked to explain why I was interested in the position I was applying to.

Interview Questions
    • Expect to spend 2-3 hours with different members of team.   Answer Question
    They were a bit limited with how much they can budge on their range. But it was worth trying to negotiate.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Columbia Law School in May 2012.

Hiring was based on a single interview while I was a student. The position was posted on the school's careers website. Later, after I completed school I offered to continue and they agreed via e-mail and paid me at a slightly higher rate. Since I had done the work for the project before they had few alternatives to hiring me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. They asked me about why I was interested in the position and I told them i was passionate about it. I demonstrated a solid knowledge of the topic.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. There was very little funding for the research project and they actually required me to work before telling me my rate. I was looking for a full time job at the time and it was only a part time commitment so I did not complain.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Columbia Law School

Worked for Columbia Law School? Contribute to the Community!