Columbia Management Group

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Columbia Management Group

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Columbia Management Group.

Initial phone interview, just asking about myself and work experience. Then I was brought in for and in office interview that was followed by a conference call interview. Questions were pretty basic and the interviewers were easy to talk to.

Investment Oversight Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Columbia Management Group.

They called me for a initial phone screening that went over the basics of the position and then I was invited into the office for in person interviews. I had individual interviews with the team and all their questions were primarily behavioral and they asked a lot about my experiences and my goals and what I hope to get out of the internship. They were all very friendly and easy to talk to and welcomed any questions that I might have about the company or the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the financial industry?   View Answer
    This was an internship during the school year so they wanted a minimum of 20 hours a week from me. I am not sure if the hours are negotiable (as the contract called for 20hr/week) but either way sometimes I work a little under 20 hours a week and they are still fine with and they're also very lenient and flexible with your hours, not the mention the pay was good.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Columbia Management Group in January 2011.

There were two representatives there and you had a 30 minute interview with each one. All of the questions were situational and very specific.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with three alternatives- which did you choose and why?   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Columbia Management Group in July 2009.

After submitting my resume to my brother I recieved a call from the recruiter at Bank of America (Owned Columbia Management at the time)

Had an initial phone interview. I believe it went over my previous experience and it wasn't anything particularly too complex.

I went in for a second interview in person and that went exceptionally well considering the interviewer had worked at my previous company (State Street) so he could related with my day to day activities.

Since it was an operation position, I was not asked any complex financial questions.

The background check was extensive and it took quite some time for them to reach my first employer (no longer existed) and that held up the process substantially. Took them over 1 month to get that squared away.

Interview Questions
    • What were your day to day activities at your previous job?   Answer Question
    • What were some of your major accomplishments at your previous job?   Answer Question
    Wasn't able to negotiate but that may have been a product of my inexperience.

Sales Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Columbia Management Group in August 2010.

You meet with 6 different managers and get passed around. After the 3rd, there isn't much else to learn about a sales role and the career path. Redundant and time consuming. Nice people.