Columbia Sportswear

29 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Apparel Manufacturing Intern Interview

Apparel Manufacturing Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Columbia Sportswear.

Interview Details – The interview was 15 min long. It was phone interview. She asked me why I wanted to intern at Columbia, what my education was about, and my career goals. I was preparing for 45 min interview and so nervous that I screwed it up even the questions were fairly easy.

Interview Question – Just get to general question. Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Columbia Sportswear in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was one interview with the store manager and hiring manager. They ask you general questions about yourself. Be ready to "sell" a product, they gave me a pen and ask to state its "technical" features and really sell it to them. Columbia likes to use role play to instill a concept to its employees.

Interview Question – Being ready to "sell" the product or item they give to you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple, you just get paid minimum wage

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Columbia Sportswear.

Interview Details – Pretty standard... Recruiter reached out via email to schedule phone interview. Conducted phone interview and then scheduled a second one with the hiring manager. Had one onsite interview after that and was made an offer the same day. Entire process took less than two weeks.

Interview Question – Don't recall any non-standard or particularly difficult interview questions.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Columbia Sportswear in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied, they called me and made an interview over the phone, then they gave me an appointment to make physical interview

Interview Question – they were asking a regular question, and they asked me of what I know about the company history   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it's a good offer and it fits me

Seasonal Stock Interview

Seasonal Stock
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Columbia Sportswear in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through Columbia website and was contacted through Kelly's Services. I had to fill out paperwork online and in-person. After about 2 weeks of waiting I finally was hired.

Interview Question – Waiting on the background check and the 24-48 hour waiting period before you can log into Kelly's employee website was horrible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was nothing to negotiate they only pay $9.25

Interviewed at Columbia Sportswear

Interview Details – I did a good job as a temporary worker and was asked to put in application and was hired without a review.

Interview Question – What is my plans for the future at the company.   View Answer

Design Manager Interview

Design Manager
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Columbia Sportswear in May 2009.

Interview Details – Online application, interview with HR hiring manager, group and 1:1 interviews

Interview Question – Do you know how to sew?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Columbia Sportswear in June 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted Resume, sent a questionnaire by Store Manager, went to a group interview (but under new management interviews are now both phone and 1 on 1 in person), got a background check, and waited a month before hearing any response.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Inventory Analyst II Interview

Inventory Analyst II

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Columbia Sportswear in August 2009.

Interview Details – Went through three interviews. One was with the HR over the phone and then I came in and had one with the manager and another with a panel of peers.

Interview Question – The questions were what you would expect for the position I applied for.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Columbia Sportswear.

Interview Details – Went to a job fair, applied online, about 2 weeks later I had an interview over the phone. A week after that I had an in-store interview was offered the job about a week after that.

Interview Question – I had to "sell" them computer cleaner.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Columbia Sportswear

Worked for Columbia Sportswear? Contribute to the Community!