Columbia Sportswear Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.4

Floor Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear.

Interview

The interview process was fairly ok. I applied online, got a phone call about a few days later to come in for a in person interview. Got asked many "tell me a time". They did ask me questions I never heard of before. After we were done interviewing, he asked if I could fill out a background consent and also list 2 supervisor references. He said he is still interviewing and will contact me to set up a 2nd interview with a training manager. 3 days later, he called and told me I have a phone interview with a training manager form another store. That interview was great. We got along and had things in common work wise. Asked me similar questions. Before we hung up, he asked my availability and my pay expectation. He said he is going to let my store manager know and the store manager has the final say. I followed up 2 days later and was offered the position (pending background check).

Interview Questions

• How in your previous employment, did you make in impact on customers but also other coworkers.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear (Portland, OR).

Interview

I received a phone call from HR she asked me some basic questions about my resume and my work experience and why this company. I was told she would send her notes to the dept manager who will set up interviews. Since she was out of town my second interview was by phone. She told me I would hear back in a week or so for an in person interview. I was given about 5 days notice of the in person interview with 3 people. I received a call from HR the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Columbia? Please walk me through your resume. Tell me how what you have done relates to this job. What long term goal do you have with this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear (Cypress, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I didn't get very far with any of it due to the extremely long time it took for them to get in touch with me. I did the application, Ali if the questionnaires, as well as the personality quizzes they ask of you. All of this was done the very same day. I'd actually forgotten all about them because it took over a month for them to contact me. Maybe I want expecting this from an outlet store, but I was turned off by their lack of promptness. It makes me wonder how disorderly that store must be.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Had two great phone conversations and answered an email of questions that were "just for fun." Made it seem like I'd get position, said he'd call on Friday. Got an email on Thursday saying the position had been filled. Weeks later, I received another email saying the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• What celebrity do you think would best endorse the brand?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mashantucket, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear (Mashantucket, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had an interview within a few days. She was extremely friendly and laid back. She had a few questions about my retail experience and availability and basically just told me I had the job.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. A few emails and then a few phone calls prior to a schedule phone interview. Once complete with the phone interview with the recruiter you will be sent to a department senior associate.

Interview Questions

• How to handle difficult relationships.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone interview and was asked to come for a physical interview. Neither the store manager or the assistant manager had time to interview me, though they said I would be interviewing with them. Had a great time interviewing with their department leads, though I would have appreciated at least meeting one of the managers who said they would interview be doing the interview.

Interactive Creative Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear.

Interview

Being that it was an interactive position I was applying for, I brought my tablet with my digital resume and reviewed my website with samples of work I've done. He seemed unimpressed that I didn't bring a printed version of my resume. I didn't get the job, but they did give me passes to the employee store, so that was a nice little perk.

Associate Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear in September 2014.

Interview

I was called only a day after applying online for the position to set up a time to interview at their corporate office. The interview was pretty informal with a panel of three interviewers. They introduced themselves and what their role with the company was as well as explained how their division worked in detail. They asked pretty common questions like how would you prioritize your time when working on multiple projects at once. They made clear that this position was very group oriented and you would have to easily work well with others and be a team player.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and approximately a week later I heard back from the Assistant Store manager and scheduled an individual interview. The questions where easy and basic, "Why do you want to work here?" "How do you sell things well?" type of questions.