Columbia Sportswear

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Columbia Sportswear in January 2012.

I decided to apply at Columbia on the recommendation of a friend of mine. After about a week of no word, I called one of the supervisors and ask about how the process was moving along. They told me they would let me know as soon as they hear anything from the store manager. After another week, I called again, and received the same spiel. A couple of days later, I got a call from the supervisor I'd been nagging for two weeks; it was information about setting up an interview within the next few days.

I headed over to the store in my best hipster clothes, and talked with one of the head supervisors. I was asked your run-of-the-mill retail questions, like how I would approach certain situations, why I wanted to work with the company, and why I liked interacting with people.

The second interview included the store manager. Not really much to say about this one; it was almost exactly like the first.

Interview Questions
  • What's your favorite thing to do outdoors?   View Answer
This was pretty interesting. I'd never been asked what I would like to get paid. I needed a job, so I chickened out and asked the supervisor what the normal pay in the store was. I wasn't unhappy with the pay; it was almost a dollar more than I was getting paid at my previous job.

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia Sportswear

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Columbia Sportswear in June 2010.

One phone interview. In person interview held at a Starbucks. Great meeting. Lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to "sell" a product to the interviewer as I would to a customer. Creative approach that tested my skills in learning on the fly as I had never seen the product before.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Was offered minimum wage and accepted.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Columbia Sportswear in October 2014.

gave my cv to a shop ,10 days later I got a call for an interview.Nice woman ,nothing difficult just where I live ,described the job and prepared me for the salary talk.Actually it was more like "please we need someone to work for 25 hours per week for 250 E ,(316E with taxes and insurance).I said it was really low the salary she said I know,no bonuses no nothing.I told her I 'll think about it.(no way).

Interview Questions
    • nothing special,not even commented on my past experience in economics.   Answer Question

Low salary .