Columbia Sportswear

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Columbia Sportswear in June 2010.

Interview Details – One phone interview. In person interview held at a Starbucks. Great meeting. Lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – Was asked to "sell" a product to the interviewer as I would to a customer. Creative approach that tested my skills in learning on the fly as I had never seen the product before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was offered minimum wage and accepted.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Columbia Sportswear in January 2012.

Interview Details – I decided to apply at Columbia on the recommendation of a friend of mine. After about a week of no word, I called one of the supervisors and ask about how the process was moving along. They told me they would let me know as soon as they hear anything from the store manager. After another week, I called again, and received the same spiel. A couple of days later, I got a call from the supervisor I'd been nagging for two weeks; it was information about setting up an interview within the next few days.

I headed over to the store in my best hipster clothes, and talked with one of the head supervisors. I was asked your run-of-the-mill retail questions, like how I would approach certain situations, why I wanted to work with the company, and why I liked interacting with people.

The second interview included the store manager. Not really much to say about this one; it was almost exactly like the first.

Interview Question – What's your favorite thing to do outdoors?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was pretty interesting. I'd never been asked what I would like to get paid. I needed a job, so I chickened out and asked the supervisor what the normal pay in the store was. I wasn't unhappy with the pay; it was almost a dollar more than I was getting paid at my previous job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Columbia Sportswear

Worked for Columbia Sportswear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Columbia Sportswear Retail Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Columbia Sportswear employees and interview candidates.