Columbia Sportswear Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone interview and was asked to come for a physical interview. Neither the store manager or the assistant manager had time to interview me, though they said I would be interviewing with them. Had a great time interviewing with their department leads, though I would have appreciated at least meeting one of the managers who said they would interview be doing the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia Sportswear

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear (Orlando, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

I decided to apply at Columbia on the recommendation of a friend of mine. After about a week of no word, I called one of the supervisors and ask about how the process was moving along. They told me they would let me know as soon as they hear anything from the store manager. After another week, I called again, and received the same spiel. A couple of days later, I got a call from the supervisor I'd been nagging for two weeks; it was information about setting up an interview within the next few days. I headed over to the store in my best hipster clothes, and talked with one of the head supervisors. I was asked your run-of-the-mill retail questions, like how I would approach certain situations, why I wanted to work with the company, and why I liked interacting with people. The second interview included the store manager. Not really much to say about this one; it was almost exactly like the first.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite thing to do outdoors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was pretty interesting. I'd never been asked what I would like to get paid. I needed a job, so I chickened out and asked the supervisor what the normal pay in the store was. I wasn't unhappy with the pay; it was almost a dollar more than I was getting paid at my previous job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear (Portland, OR) in June 2010.

Interview

One phone interview. In person interview held at a Starbucks. Great meeting. Lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to "sell" a product to the interviewer as I would to a customer. Creative approach that tested my skills in learning on the fly as I had never seen the product before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered minimum wage and accepted.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Columbia Sportswear in October 2014.

Interview

gave my cv to a shop ,10 days later I got a call for an interview.Nice woman ,nothing difficult just where I live ,described the job and prepared me for the salary talk.Actually it was more like "please we need someone to work for 25 hours per week for 250 E ,(316E with taxes and insurance).I said it was really low the salary she said I know,no bonuses no nothing.I told her I 'll think about it.(no way).

Interview Questions

• nothing special,not even commented on my past experience in economics.   Answer Question

Low salary .