Columbia University Administrative Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

2.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Columbia University in July 2011.

Applied online through the Job at Columbia website. I was contacted by telephone and asked to come in for an interview. I met with multiple members of the team Individually. A few days later i was contacted for a second interview, one that would include a writing sample. I came in and had to write down the answers to about 3 questions, then met with 3 other members of the team at once.

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Columbia University.

I applied through the Jobs at Columbia (JAC) website, but also went into the office that was hiring, just to visit. It turned out it was pretty slow that afternoon and I got to meet and talk with the assistant director who had posted the job. I told him I'd applied for the position there and we got to talk informally about my interest in the job and what the office did. That visit, I believe, is what help set me apart from the other roughly 100 applicants they had for the position. I received an email for an interview maybe a week later.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very easy interview, but what helped was that a certain rapport had already been established with the assistant director during that first visit. It also helped that my qualifications were (thankfully) a very close match with what they were seeking.   Answer Question
    From the time to accepting the position and beginning my first day took about 2-3 weeks, but it was due to navigating through the human resources red-tape that slowed the process. The negotiation process was straight forward due to the pay grade system Columbia works under, and I was offered the highest in the grade range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Columbia University.

Interviewed by Program Coordinator and an Associate Director for a position to support a research center, the staff including the Director, and student employees/interns. Questions regarded the multi-faceted position, which also included errands and basic research (online / library). It was a 1 day process and I heard back within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult at all. Asked about my interest in political science and social research. Very engaging experience.   Answer Question
    none

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Columbia University in February 2009.

The assistant position was a part-time work and the interview was very basic.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Columbia University in January 2009.

I worked as a temp through a staffing agency then the job I was doing became available so I applied through the columbia website. The interview was not bad because I knew my manager and she was familiar with my work ethic so it was painless. The day of the interview four months into the temp assignment, I still wore a suit and treated as if it was my first time there. I don't have a bad thing to say so far it has been pretty good but this is my first year so............

Interview Questions

Worked for Columbia University? Contribute to the Community!