Columbia University Associate Director Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

The initial application was about 3 months before the interview, and then the interview process consisted of one 30 minute telephone interview. Then there was a 1/2 day interview with different groups within department. Offer was made within 2 weeks of interview, and then started a few weeks later. Everything was very professional.

Interview Questions

• What is going to be the most challenging for you in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation. Tried to negotiate salary, and they suggested that there was no room for more.

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Four months from day of application to start date. Received initial call for a phone screening two months after I applied. HR phone screening followed by hiring manager phone screen. The in person interview will take two to three hours. Expect to meeting multiple members of the hiring team as well as cross functional partners during the in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate the salary before you are hired because can expect cost of living increases thereafter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone screening followed by in person interview with hiring committee, then an all-staff interview. Finally, phone interview with the Dean.

Interview Questions

• Sitting before the entire staff to answer their questions was daunting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation opportunities very minimal