Columbia University

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Associate Director of Financial Reporting At the Business School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Columbia University in April 2011.

I applied to this position online after hearing of it through a referral. It had been vacant for months and still is vacant three and a half months later. I found the whole process very slow and disappointing. It took about six weeks for them to call. I had a short phone interview the following day with the executive director of HR. She told me someone from the business school would call me to set up in person interviews. I interviewed in person about two weeks later. First, I met with the assistant director of HR who was pleasant. She asked me several of the typical questions and many about supervising others. Then I met with the senior associate dean of the business school who was very nice. That interview was very short and the easiest of the three. Next was the executive director of financial planning who was the toughest. It was very hard to read her. All three interviews combined took a little over an hour. I sent thank you emails to all three and received no response. I also sent a follow up email to the HR asst director I met with which also went unanswered. I found the lack of feedback or follow up to be very unprofessional. The campus was beautiful. I think salary was one issue against me. It doesn't seem that they pay very well.

Interview Questions
  • Interview questions were normal. Nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question