Columbia University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.6

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

It's all about personal connections. If you know the research and the interests of the director, and you are able to meet him/her beforehand, then they will contact you when they need someone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-existent.

Associate Professor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

Search committee

Negotiation

I just accepted without asking for anything. That was a mistake.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Just talked about my background, my resume, asked me what I am interested in.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

Applied through the Columbia website and interviewed with senior management. The interview process was easy, but rather long time between interview and actual hiring

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute to the work of NCDP in a unique and meaningful way?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. There is a set budget and that's what they work with. Straight forward

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

I got the job through a former professor who appreciated my work. The hiring and interview process was very lax, and because I was hourly, it was not a big deal about how much or where I worked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not applicable

Coordinator Interview

Interview

the lucky few get follow up interviews to ensure they are a good fit. the unfortunate get selected blindly and may get stuck with a horrible manager.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

I'm a graduate student in Computer Science in Columbia University. I applied the job of CUIT part-time tech developer in 2014. It was an unexpected interview and I was badly prepared for that. The interview mainly focus on the past experience for the projects. And something with the database management. So for about the SQL grammar.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Columbia University.

Interview

Applied for part-time developer in CUIT. Sent a email with resume and got replied in 2 business days. Then got a onsite interview with some of their development team. People are nice.

Interview Questions

• No coding questions. Asked something about projects and some SQL questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Columbia University in February 2014.

Interview

Had four interviews. Asked mostly about my research history. First few rounds were very personal and comfortable. Showed me the lab and discussed the research they were doing. Were concerned primarily about work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not very difficult. Most difficult question was whether or not I felt like I was a good candidate for md/phd programs.   Answer Question

Senior Fund Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Discussion with panel on potential contributions, what would be expected, and the application process. This is a pretty relaxed job and would help with graduate work. The interview was casual and more informational than not.