Columbia University Manager Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY).

Interview

I made three separate trips to campus, and interviewed with six people combined. I also completed a test assignment (not terribly challenging). I not once met an HR representative, and still (after having worked here for two months) have not met her. Everyone along the interview process was kind, understanding, and personable. Onboarding is ridiculous, but that's another story.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated on salary and on title, and was successful in both areas.

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Columbia University (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

Very straight forward- if they like you, you will get an offer. Be friendly. Questions: What can you contribute? Had 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Columbia University in March 2011.

Interview

Moved slowly. Interviewed with hiring manager, peers, reports, 1 and 2 levels up. pretty thorough.

Cost of living in NYC