Columbia University Postdoctoral Research Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Columbia University.

The interview took one entire day plus dinner. I presented a 30 minutes talk of my former work.
Afterwards I talked to everybody in the lab. The whole process was very intense, but very informal. There were no unexpected questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Columbia University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Columbia University in August 2013.

I got an interview invitation within a day after I submitted my application. The first stage of the interview was with a fellow post-doc. It was very lengthy (an hour and half) and we discussed also very technical details of my knowledge of the specific subject and of the work I will be doing. The second stage was with the PI, I gave a presentation, it was liked very much and interrupted halfway.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked my family status, and whether they need to do something about the 2body problem. (Vary positive but it came out of the blue for me)   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Scientist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Columbia University in January 2013.

Set up interview with administrative assistant. Interview lasted from 9-5 all day with a presentation at lunch time. Met with other post docs in the lab. Met with PI and discussed potential projects.

Postdoctoral Research Scientist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Columbia University in September 2009.

Slow.

Postdoctoral Research Scientist Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Columbia University in March 2009.

It was a casual and easy experience. During the first day, I gave a presentation about what I did during my phd, followed by QnA. Then I was assigned to talk to each postdocs in the lab. Especially the ones in the area that I'm interested in. Got home, wrote a thank-you letter to the PI and express that I'm interested in working there. And got invitation of 2nd interview right away. This time I was mainly talking with the group that I will be working in. At the end of the day, the PI has offered me the job!