Columbia University

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Columbia University in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed over the phone, as I was living in the UK at the time. I already knew the people as we are in the same field. Two principal investigators spoke with me for about an hour. It was low-key, since we'd already informally agreed to the position.

Interview Question – We reviewed a published paper of mine, and I had to explain it in detail.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Columbia University in April 2011.

Interview Details – 2 times of phone interviews.
1st, general discussion about past experiences
2nd, detail discussion on potential work and contribution

Interview Question – how do you incorporate blah blah into a project?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Columbia University in January 2008.

Interview Details – Spoke to various people in the department

Interview Question – What is your experience? Why do you think you will be a good fit?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Columbia University in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of a job talk to an audience of about 20-25 people. Little technical discussion during the talk and then 1:1 discussions and interviews.

1 coding interview, 1 probability interview, and 4 research discussions.

Interview Question – What were your contributions in the research work?   Answer Question

Worked for Columbia University? Contribute to the Community!