Columbus McKinnon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Amherst, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Columbus McKinnon.

Interview Details – The initial communication included a direct contact on LinkedIn from the recruiter. From here we moved to a series of phone interviews followed by a face to face interview with the recruiter and department manager. The recruiter was very personable and welcoming. She seemed very sincere in everything we discussed and was one of the nicest recruiters I’ve ever been contacted by in my professional career.

Interview Question – What kind of management style would you impliment.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Amherst, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Columbus McKinnon.

Interview Details – Got approached by the HR recruiter.
Had phone interview. Then brought onsite for an interview with HR and the hiring manager. Was then invited to complete a Top-Grading Interview online and then onsite.
Unfortunately it turns out there was a misrepresentation of the roll and the company, which turned out to be very different from what I was told originally.

Interview Question – Top-Grading Interview - very long process!
Too many questions to recall.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary and additional vacation days

Very Easy Interview

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Columbus McKinnon.

Interview Details – Initialing screen(s) with recruiter led to phone interview with the hiring manager in Germany, followed by a face to face with the hiring manager and his boss here in the US. All the arrangements were efficient and top knotch, but the interview was a full FOUR months after the phone screen. That would not have been an issue, but the hiring manager claimed in front of his boss that he had talked to me 2 weeks prior. The lie was so outrageous that it beggared belief - he was emphatic about it and even tried to insert details about the phone interview into the interview in front of his boss.

Interview Question – Hiring manager asked leading questions to "insert" answers to questions into the interview that were not true and did not reflect my qualifications. I have never felt so openly disrespected and sabotaged in an interview. His feedback to the recruiter did not accurately represent the interview - as though he was recounting a different interview with a different person. Had he acted less certain, I might have attributed it to a misunderstanding and confusion, but in this case, there was clearly something else going on and I did not appreciate being drawn into it.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Saw & Milling Operator Interview

Saw & Milling Operator
Sarasota, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Columbus McKinnon in May 2011.

Interview Details – At the interview i felt respect toward employees was minimal from General Manager and was ask to do a test skill on the machine i will eventually operate.

Interview Question – Was ask were i learn machining...?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was hired on temporary basis.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Columbus McKinnon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Columbus McKinnon interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Columbus McKinnon employees and interview candidates.