Columbus McKinnon

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Columbus McKinnon

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Columbus McKinnon.

The initial communication included a direct contact on LinkedIn from the recruiter. From here we moved to a series of phone interviews followed by a face to face interview with the recruiter and department manager. The recruiter was very personable and welcoming. She seemed very sincere in everything we discussed and was one of the nicest recruiters I’ve ever been contacted by in my professional career.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of management style would you impliment.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Columbus McKinnon.

Got approached by the HR recruiter.
    Had phone interview. Then brought onsite for an interview with HR and the hiring manager. Was then invited to complete a Top-Grading Interview online and then onsite.
    Unfortunately it turns out there was a misrepresentation of the roll and the company, which turned out to be very different from what I was told originally.

Interview Questions
    • Top-Grading Interview - very long process!
      Too many questions to recall.

Answer Question
    Negotiated salary and additional vacation days

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Columbus McKinnon.

Initialing screen(s) with recruiter led to phone interview with the hiring manager in Germany, followed by a face to face with the hiring manager and his boss here in the US. All the arrangements were efficient and top knotch, but the interview was a full FOUR months after the phone screen. That would not have been an issue, but the hiring manager claimed in front of his boss that he had talked to me 2 weeks prior. The lie was so outrageous that it beggared belief - he was emphatic about it and even tried to insert details about the phone interview into the interview in front of his boss.

Interview Questions
    • Hiring manager asked leading questions to "insert" answers to questions into the interview that were not true and did not reflect my qualifications. I have never felt so openly disrespected and sabotaged in an interview. His feedback to the recruiter did not accurately represent the interview - as though he was recounting a different interview with a different person. Had he acted less certain, I might have attributed it to a misunderstanding and confusion, but in this case, there was clearly something else going on and I did not appreciate being drawn into it.   View Answer

Saw & Milling Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Columbus McKinnon in May 2011.

At the interview i felt respect toward employees was minimal from General Manager and was ask to do a test skill on the machine i will eventually operate.

Interview Questions
    Was hired on temporary basis.