Columbus State Community College Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Columbus State Community College

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Columbus State Community College.

The interview was for a Federal Work-Study Program job, working at the IT Help Desk. After applying for the job via the college's web site, I was contacted within a few days by a manager. I was able to set up an interview within the week. The interview was extremely informal, and I felt like I only needed to show a minimal amount of comfort with computers to get the job. I was offered the position at the end of the interview, and there was no negotiation of pay because of the Work-Study nature of the job.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions, and I really feel like anyone who can use computers comfortably would be qualified for the job.   Answer Question

Advisor (Disability Services) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Columbus State Community College in February 2012.

I submitted an application online and received a call from their receptionist for interview within two weeks. There was no pre-screening interview, I met with Director and Associate Director of the department. They were pleasant and professional. The interview process was comfortable. Focus was on self-motivation and job completion. A self-starter role to help students with disabilities to be successful in college.

Interview Questions

Chose a different opportunity.

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Columbus State Community College.

The interview process was great with the actual hiring manager, and director. The process with the HR Rep was somewhat painful however. She was not very thorough, was slow to respond, lacked information, etc.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated one time and they did meet me half way.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Columbus State Community College in November 2009.

I think they were just checking to see if I had a pulse. I was asked nothing about my experience or philosophy on teaching. Remarkable.

Unable to negotiate anything

IT A/V Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Columbus State Community College in January 2010.

Filled out all information so they could be a background and reference check. Then went in for a one on one interview and was asked questions about computer/A/V knowledge and background. Am still waiting for a response, which I understand is slow. It seems HR is more the problem than whomever you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions

Worked for Columbus State Community College? Contribute to the Community!