Columbus State Community College Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College in October 2014.

Interview

Initially received a phone call from the secretary to set up a phone interview. The interview was with the Director of Basic Language Instruction and the director of Workforce Development, and lasted about an hour. The interviewers were very friendly, but spent a lot more time describing the office and the job, including some challenges with the GED program that sounded unpleasant, than asking questions about me.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with international students?   Answer Question

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The interview was for a Federal Work-Study Program job, working at the IT Help Desk. After applying for the job via the college's web site, I was contacted within a few days by a manager. I was able to set up an interview within the week. The interview was extremely informal, and I felt like I only needed to show a minimal amount of comfort with computers to get the job. I was offered the position at the end of the interview, and there was no negotiation of pay because of the Work-Study nature of the job.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any difficult questions, and I really feel like anyone who can use computers comfortably would be qualified for the job.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied on the website, and within several days, I was called in for an interview I did a brief teaching demo, followed by a discussion of expectations and a Q&A with several faculty. We discussed what I would be willing to teach, based on my experience, and what typical class assignments and expectations would be.

Advisor (Disability Services) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College (Columbus, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

I submitted an application online and received a call from their receptionist for interview within two weeks. There was no pre-screening interview, I met with Director and Associate Director of the department. They were pleasant and professional. The interview process was comfortable. Focus was on self-motivation and job completion. A self-starter role to help students with disabilities to be successful in college.

Interview Questions

Chose a different opportunity.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College.

Interview

The interview process was great with the actual hiring manager, and director. The process with the HR Rep was somewhat painful however. She was not very thorough, was slow to respond, lacked information, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated one time and they did meet me half way.

IT A/V Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College in January 2010.

Interview

Filled out all information so they could be a background and reference check. Then went in for a one on one interview and was asked questions about computer/A/V knowledge and background. Am still waiting for a response, which I understand is slow. It seems HR is more the problem than whomever you are interviewing with.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Columbus State Community College in November 2009.

Interview

I think they were just checking to see if I had a pulse. I was asked nothing about my experience or philosophy on teaching. Remarkable.

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate anything