Column Technologies, Inc.

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Remedy Software Developer Interview

Remedy Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc..

Interview Details – Interview process was smooth as met with as I spoke with the recruiter and a few hiring managers prior to bringing me in for the the interview.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions as either one knows Remedy or they dont.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, working with the recruiter was a positive experience.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc. in May 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone number for the MD, gave them a call and told them how I wanted to help grow the business.

I sent him my CV and the next day had a conference call with them and they asked some semi-technical questions. Happy with that, then sent me a letter of offer the same day.

Interview Question – Something about describing a protected java class.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for an amount, they offered 5k less. I thought that was fair to get started with, but sadly have had no performance review and there seems to be no KPI's attached to my role.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous

Interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc.

Interview Details – What a joke of a process. The recruiter had no idea what they were doing and could not explain the requirements of the job. When I pressed about travel, the recruiter answered vaguely that travel would be "heavy" at first, but then "possibly get better." That is not a good answer for a candidate. The recruiter mentioned that the next step would be to talk to the President, who by the way, does not directly manage the position. That seems very awkward and alarming. Why would a president bother with preliminary candidates, especially when he does not manage the job directly? Sounds like an ultra-micromanager to me. No thanks!

Interview Question – I was barely asked any questions. And any questions I had seemed to be difficult for the recruiter to answer. It sounds like this company has no clue what they're doing.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Front Line Support Analyst Interview

Front Line Support Analyst
Lombard, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc. in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview with the man who was to be my supervisor. He was transferred two weeks later after I was hired.

Interview Question – I was expected to support an older Webex application that ran on a PC. The program locked up a few times but I was still expected to use it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate this position.

Remedy Software Developer Interview

Remedy Software Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc. in January 2011.

Interview Details – Connected with a recruiter, phone screen to determine if I was interested
Second call with a Regional Manager, to introduce himself, and 3rd technical call, 4th call formally with Regional Manager to determine personality and goals.

Interview Question – What did I like best about my past jobs? What did I like least? If I stayed with Column where would I see myself in 4 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be honest up front about salary and interest in travel

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc. in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had interview on April 2011. That time, if you are from some other city where their office is not located, all interviews were taken telephonic. No need to go to their place.
But now, initial rounds can be telephonic but technical rounds can be face to face. (This was done after recognizing some fake telephonic interviews which were given by candidates friends)
After getting call for the interview, there are generally 2 interviews and 1 discussion with Very Senior Person, generally VP, India.
i. Technical Interview regarding BMC Remedy, ITSM. IM, PM, CM, SM, CRM etc.
ii. Again a similar kind of interview
iii. Mild discussion (HR type), not technical, with senior person like VP India (Telephonic).
iv. Then HR discussion, mainly Salary Negotiation.

Excellent people, good work culture. People are very technically sound.
If you are good, you can soon get opportunities to go onsite.
Interviewer was nice and helping.

Interview Question – Asked about my most difficult development work that I did. Asked to explain thoroughly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you already have an offer from other companies, you can reveal that and can get better offer.
Compared to typical companies like TCS, CTS, Infosys, Wipro, IBM, Unisys, Accenture, Capgemini, and even compared to BMC Software, you can expect far better offers from Column Software.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Column Technologies, Inc..

Interview Details – Hiring process was well defined and professional. I had 4 interviews. First phone interview was all about work experience. Second was a technical phone interview for one hour . Third interview was a face to face to determine personality. Forth final phone interview was with senior mgt about company expectations.

Interview Question – Why you want to work for the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was friendly and meet the expectations of both parties.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Column Technologies, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Column Technologies, Inc. interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Column Technologies, Inc. employees and interview candidates.