ComPsych

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.7

Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ComPsych.

30 minute phone screen with Recruiter
    30 minute phone interview with manager
    1 hour onsite interview including the Wonderlic Assessment

The interview was pretty straight forward. Initial call was a bit late, I had to wait a few minutes when I visited for my onsite, Wonderlic is worthless. All the Wonderlic measures is how well you can take the Wonderlic.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward questions: Why I wanted to work at ComPsych, Why I was looking to leave my current job, my greatest weakness, etc.   Answer Question

Crystal Reports Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ComPsych.

The telephone interview was as expected. They called on time, it was brief and he asked about my work experience so far. The interviewer also shared a little about their business and the team I would be working with. He allowed time for questions. The conversation was cordial. No technical questions were asked and I'm expecting to hear back from them to continue this process.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question was about salary expectations. I guess I may have been unprepared but I thought that salary discussions would be much later in the interview process.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ComPsych in January 2015.

I am not surprised to read such negative reviews regarding the interview process with Compsych. As a talent acquisition professional, I know firsthand how competitive the job market is and how difficult attracting top talent (and keeping them engaged) can be, so to be part of such an indifferent and dry candidate experience was incredibly disappointing. The process was promising at first; I was contacted within 2 days of my initial application. From that point on, communication was poor-at best. No touching base/ follow up/ status update after the phone interview. Two weeks later, I received an automated template email requesting my availability for an onsite interview. The interview went well, I also had to take a Wonderlic assessment (which has little to do with measuring the effectiveness of a recruiter) – but I assumed it was a stalling technique to add additional members of management to my interview itinerary last minute.

In the end, after 2 weeks and another “thank you” email and call from myself for any type of feedback and/or update, I received a mass auto generated “donotreply@invalidemail.com” rejection letter from their ATS software system. It baffles me how someone with such low quality communication skills and little value in adding the human factor to the recruiting process acquired a managerial role in Talent Acquisition.

At the end of the day, you can't take rejection from a company personal-but-there is a way to reject a candidate in a dignified and courteous way. And that does not involve an autogenerated email. Especially once time has been invested, and taken away from their current company to come onsite for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions, none were difficult or unexpected.   View Answer

FMLA Specialist/FMLA Telephone Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Applied online. Got called back for an interview a few days later. Gave an on-the-spot telephone interview. Very standard questions. Only asked about 3 scenario questions. Scheduled an in person interview and test. Upon arriving to the interview, I had to wait for an additional 45 minutes without receiving any kind of apology before I could begin the actual interview. The interviewer only asked why I wanted to work for the company and then asked what was I told about the position. I was then told I was up for two positions, the FMLA Specialist and Telephone Operator positions but there was only 1 spot open for each. I then took the Wonderlic Test which has nothing to do with the position, but it was a pretty easy test. Was then told I would hear back by the end of the week. Didn't hear back for weeks. I even sent follow-up and thank you emails to let them know I was still interested in the position. Finally after about a 3 week wait, I finally got a email stating that I didn't get the job. No real explanation as to why even though I was told I passed the test and had an impressive background and interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the position?

Why did you apply for the position?

How do you handle a person who has been on hold for a long time?

Answer Question

Referral Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ComPsych in December 2014.

I applied online and about a month later (I forgot all about it) got called for a short phone screen. Heard nothing for a week or so, I emailed to say I was still interested and next day was asked in for an interview. Got there and waited a bit, then met with a girl from HR and was taken in for that stupid test (Wonderlic) answering 50 questions in 12 minutes. Very demeaning. Wasn't told if I passed or not, but obviously I didn't. Interview was pretty laid back, but she was stuck on my past job and reason I left. Asked me same question about it several times (had also asked in phone screen twice!) Interview went pretty well to me, questions were not hard and she said a couple of my questions to her "Good questions".
    Interviewed right before Christmas. Was told they'd be interviewed rest of week. Emailed them on NYE to say I was still interested and on that Saturday received stock default "rejection email" like I was so bum on the street they wanted to toss something to. No reason why, not even an actual response to my 'still interested' email. What a joke waste of time. Also, she wanted me to interview for another position, not original I applied for. Then I kept seeing ads for jobs there after rejection. So why didn't I get hired for either one?? The interview was not that bad. I actually wanted to work there, seemed like a position I could do really well and it was a change for me. But come to think of it, probably was for the best if they act like that.

Interview Questions
    • "What I liked about my last job"
      "What did I know about them?" (in phone screen)

Answer Question

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ComPsych in November 2014.

Applied online at company website, was contacted a week later for phone interview with Human Resources. I thought the interview went well, he told me that he will contact me the next week and he did. I was asked my salary expectation, I can tell by the response that this was not what he expected me to say. The next week got an email saying that they decided to go with other candidates that meet their needs.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online and was contacted about a week later by phone. I was given an on the spot phone interview with HR and asked to come in for a in person interview at the end of the call. My in person interview was with another member of HR in the office downtown. Both interviews were pretty straight forward with no unexpected questions. I was given more information about the company, this position, as well as other available positions. At the end of this interview, I was introduced to another staff member/recruiter who spoke with me about another open position. He asked my salary expectations, which were higher than they could offer, so he told me to look more into other positions on their website.

Telephone Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at ComPsych in October 2014.

After two phone interviews, showing up for an in person interview, and taking that Wonderlic test (which is more like taking a 50 question Algebra exam in 15mins). No call or email back to let me know whether or not I got the job. I took time out to be accommodating to phone interviews and showing up on time for an in person interview and they could not even take the time to call or send one email to let me know I did not get the job. Very unprofessional and I am glad I did not get the job. If how they treat people during the interview process is any indication how they treat their employees I am better off. Very disappointed in the unprofessional interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • The Wonderlic test that has nothing to do with the position at all.   Answer Question

Guidance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ComPsych in September 2014.

Phone interview with HR followed by an in-person interview. Was given an easy, standardized test to measure "cognitive ability," interviewed with the clinical director, and then did two mock crisis calls (one DV and one SI).

Interview Questions
    • I was not told ahead of time about the mock call, I think they prefer to see how people deal with it spur-of-the-moment. Fortunately, I had checked glassdoor and knew it was coming!   View Answer

FMLA Claims Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ComPsych.

They will not tell you that when you start you have to work in a call center for up to 3 months. Not in the interview, not from HR, not until you show up on day 1. My manager told me it was a starter job, and spent more time talking about her previous employer. They pretend like there are opportunities for advancement in the company, there are not. Managers are brought in from outside, internal promotions are rare, generally hurtful (we could have paid you more but chose not to), and usually not given (yes, you are doing the work of someone above your pay grade, but we're deciding that you need to keep doing the work without a promotion in title or pay). In the interview you should ask about turnover rate so they have to admit that EVERYONE LEAVES ASAP.

Interview Questions
    • They basically just want to know if you are a lunatic and will hurt someone or yourself before you find a better job. Warm bodies need apply.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They made that very clear. There is no negotiation at any point in your work there. I was desperate for employment so I had to accept.