Combined Insurance

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.0

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Combined Insurance.

they take you on a filed appointments before accepting the job. tell you everything they want you to hear. but they don't mention all the wrong things that are going on with in the copany.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Combined Insurance in August 2014.

To sum it up, what a joke! A regional recruiter contacted me and set up an interview. The following day the date of the interview was changed. Then later in the day it was changed again. I went to my interview and it seemed more like the regional guy trying to convince me to work there instead of a real interview. He then offered to take me on a ride along so that I could get a feel for how they sell. He chose the time and I rearranged my schedule to accommodate him. 20 minutes before my ride along was scheduled, as I was pulling out of my driveway, the manager called and said that he needed to reschedule the ride along because he needed to meet with his manager. I hesitantly agreed and waited a few days more. So then I show up at the office at the scheduled time and NO ONE WAS THERE! The office was locked and the lights were off. I try calling the guy and he didn't answer. I email him on my phone, no reply. I wait for 25 minutes or so and then leave. I then tried to call the regional recruiter who was in a meeting, he calls me back and tells me that the manager that I was supposed to meet with says that he was there the whole time and that I never showed up. He then relays that he believes my story as similar issues have arisen at this particular office. A few hours after this call I receive an email from the manager (who claimed that he was there the whole time) apologizing for not being there (which he told corporate that he was) asking to reschedule for the fourth time in 2 interview/meetings. I declined. Do not apply to this company. It is a farce, they lack organization and professionalism at a local level and jerk you around with no regard to your time or effort.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked. It was more like they were recruiting and begging me to work for them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Combined Insurance in July 2014.

Started off as a group interview where the recruiter started talking about benefits and pay before even individually interviewing us to see if we were qualified. After that, we had one on one "interviews" but it was more so him asking him what we thought about the presentation, if we had any questions about it or the job, and when we could start.

Beware though, you have to spend $200 on a software to study for your license to sell insurance and then they send you to Chicago to school to train before you can become an agent.

The recruiter did let me shadow an agent first to see what it was like in the field.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were unrelated to skills necessary to do the job.   Answer Question

Interview was too easy, made them seem like they needed me more than I needed the job.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Combined Insurance.

They will hire anyone who can talk, and make you take the Life and Health state exam and, if you fail too bad, if u pass they send u to chicago to get brainwashed for two weeks

Easy, I thought it wouldve been a higher quality of a product, it made me look like a snake-oil salesman to my entire terrritory

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Combined Insurance in March 2014.

What process...it was simple..I had a pulse. Depending on the grography it may be this way in certain pockets of the US. They hinge all recruiting efforts on the w2 status vs 1099 which does absolutely nothing for the employee..non-existent HR and zero support or development once in role.

Interview Questions
    • Can you prove you made $50k+ in previous tax year?   View Answer
    Negotiated my licensing fees, pre-licensing fees, salary and work schedule.

Career Agent Interview

Met the recruiter at a job fair and he invited me to the office the next day for an interview. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, and he spent a good deal of his time walking me through the company products/services. This was only the initial interview, and since it's not something I'm going to be pursuing, we didn't go beyond that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Combined Insurance in February 2014.

Initial interview not very in depth, but the sales school was very good and intense. The company pays all expenses to send you to their corporate sales school in Glenville, IL.

Commission only

Director of Training Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Combined Insurance in January 2014.

Great office, beautiful building. Screened with an HR Manager, standard questions, really explained the company and salary expectations well.

Interview Questions
    • Great first interview, no difficult or unexpected questions, they wanted to know more about my work history and working in a fast-paced environment. They did the standard training demonstration in the second interview followed by more questions. Great group of people!   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Combined Insurance in January 2014.

I contacted the recruiter by email then by voice. That person then arranged my paperwork and sales school trip. No F2F or ridealong.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Combined Insurance.

Interview and demo where you will need to shadow someone while they canvas the streets. Then when offered a position you are sent to sales school in Chicago for 10 days.