Combined Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.1

Internet Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Combined Insurance (Glenview, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very slow and drawn out. the manager did not show any immediate rush to fill the position and they were poor at getting back with information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Combined Insurance (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very informative. Company background, goals, careers, and benefits .
    They review your resume, followed by the information process. If you are
    able to receive an offer, you will receive an offer by the end of the interview, or at least this is what I experienced.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into insurance? How do you do with rejection?   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Combined Insurance.

Interview

Had posted my resume on Monster and received a phone call from the local manager asking me to come meet her for an interview. The interview took place at a Panera Bread which was odd. She then introduced me to her team which was having their meeting in a back room. She explained that I would have to get my insurance license and that they would send me to school for that for three weeks. I was in need of a job so I accepted. After being in a hotel for three weeks (you aren't permitted to leave other than to go to classes) I went to the field to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations it is all commission

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Combined Insurance.

Interview

Interview straight forward needs to go to Chicago and do 5 day training, spent one day with a field trainer manager, visiting real prospects, making sales
    Trainer was very nice and professional, if accepted after training in Chicago I will be working one full week with my manger to get experience and all sales made that week will go to me
    Not bad at all

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Combined Insurance.

Interview

they take you on a filed appointments before accepting the job. tell you everything they want you to hear. but they don't mention all the wrong things that are going on with in the copany.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Combined Insurance in November 2014.

Interview

The recruiter talked to me like I was actually applying for a job. Made it sound like a good job. But, actually it's a business start-up. She made it sound as thought there was base pay. "We invest in you" meant they pay themselves to train you. 11 day training, hotel, can't go home in the evening. Pavement pounding. 25 day and you have to make a sale, obviously or you go home with less money than you started with in the morning. Not for me. I need to earn money.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. You should question them to see if this will work for you.   Answer Question

Bootcamp training period. 11 days. I am not rooming with anyone I don't know. Can't go home at night during training. No real leads. you can see some of the existing customers and pound the pavement. No car. no gas.

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Combined Insurance (Meridian, ID) in August 2014.

Interview

To sum it up, what a joke! A regional recruiter contacted me and set up an interview. The following day the date of the interview was changed. Then later in the day it was changed again. I went to my interview and it seemed more like the regional guy trying to convince me to work there instead of a real interview. He then offered to take me on a ride along so that I could get a feel for how they sell. He chose the time and I rearranged my schedule to accommodate him. 20 minutes before my ride along was scheduled, as I was pulling out of my driveway, the manager called and said that he needed to reschedule the ride along because he needed to meet with his manager. I hesitantly agreed and waited a few days more. So then I show up at the office at the scheduled time and NO ONE WAS THERE! The office was locked and the lights were off. I try calling the guy and he didn't answer. I email him on my phone, no reply. I wait for 25 minutes or so and then leave. I then tried to call the regional recruiter who was in a meeting, he calls me back and tells me that the manager that I was supposed to meet with says that he was there the whole time and that I never showed up. He then relays that he believes my story as similar issues have arisen at this particular office. A few hours after this call I receive an email from the manager (who claimed that he was there the whole time) apologizing for not being there (which he told corporate that he was) asking to reschedule for the fourth time in 2 interview/meetings. I declined. Do not apply to this company. It is a farce, they lack organization and professionalism at a local level and jerk you around with no regard to your time or effort.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. It was more like they were recruiting and begging me to work for them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Combined Insurance (Bedford, NH) in July 2014.

Interview

Started off as a group interview where the recruiter started talking about benefits and pay before even individually interviewing us to see if we were qualified. After that, we had one on one "interviews" but it was more so him asking him what we thought about the presentation, if we had any questions about it or the job, and when we could start.

Beware though, you have to spend $200 on a software to study for your license to sell insurance and then they send you to Chicago to school to train before you can become an agent.

The recruiter did let me shadow an agent first to see what it was like in the field.

Interview Questions

• Questions were unrelated to skills necessary to do the job.   Answer Question

Interview was too easy, made them seem like they needed me more than I needed the job.

Senior Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Combined Insurance in April 2014.

Interview

submitted resume in response to advertisement on career website. received a call back from HR mgr within 1 - 2 wks for a phone screening interview. she was upfront during intial conversation about the salary spectrum for the position, as to not waste anyone's time, if the salary was not comensurate with my expectations. it was, but barely, given my level of experience in the insurance industry as a whole. Note, I had NO experience working with the line of product sold by combined (e.g supplemental accident and health insurance) however, that was obviously not a barrier to me being considered for the position, based upon my past insurance experience. i then had a personal interview with the supervisor and his colleague which lasted approx 1 hr. generalized questions asked (e.e "how would I react in this situation?" "Am I familiar with this concept?") Again, I did not have direct experience for the position but was able to relate scenarios to my past experienced to get through the interview. Approx 2 wks later I received a follow up call from HR offering me the position. I was given a couple days to consider the offer. No negotiations regarding salary or vacation was available. After accepting submit to drug screen, background check, etc. and given hire date to begin new job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very general / generic and I was allowed to relate my prior claims handling experiences (with a different line of business) to scenarios involving accident and health supplemental insurance products / claims. I had no prior experience handling these types of claims but that did not dissuade management from offering me the job anyway.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available for salary, benefits, or paid time off. HR mgr advise me of the salary scale during preliminary phone screen, as to not waste my time, if their salary was not commensurate with my expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Combined Insurance (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

They will hire anyone because they use you to build leads. They ask if you have any experience which is pointless because they will hire anyone to make money of your leads family friends and people you convinced need this. They know you will not make a living at this and will eventually be able to steal your accounts for themselves.

Interview Questions

• Are you self motivated. Meaning will you get out of bed and go door to door begging people to buy insurance.   Answer Question