Combined Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.0

Social Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Glenview, IL).

Interview

After checking in with security in the lobby, I was greeted by a friendly and kind executive assistant, who escorted me upstairs. I was given a brief tour of Combined's floor before I was seated in a conference room for the first of four interviews. I found each interviewer to be pleasant, genuine and informative. I discussed my experience and education, answered questions on my background and goals, and had any of my questions answered. I finished with a lunch with two executives, both of whom were gracious, accomplished and welcoming. My entire experience was excellent. I declined the offer for reasons outside of the company and my experience with them.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Combined Insurance.

Interview

There was a demo where I shadowed a manager for a whole day. I was offered a position after I spent the demo with future TM. Offered a position, 2 week of sales school expenses paid. After graduation I was put on a team in a territory and began working.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Combined Insurance in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online for Territory Manager, got a call back that evening which was impressive briefly talked about position whats to be expected that they do pay salary and travel is expected and then he asked me to send over another copy of my resume. He called back the next morning stating going over everything again which is where everything changed he started talking about commission only position, cold calls, pavement pounding ect. I was confused asked him if this was a sales position not a management position which is what I applied for he then said I didn't have enough management experience (I have 15yrs) for what the are looking for so he is offering me something different. That was not profession at all

Senior PR/Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Glenview, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by Hirewell, the organization's recruiting firm. After a preliminary recruiter phone screen, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager (AVP of talent/communications). A few days later, I was invited in to meet with her, the VP of global marketing and SVP of human resources. There was also a timed release writing/media strategy test. The interview process was a good experience, but I was not comfortable with PR/communications reporting to HR instead of marketing, especially after lengthy discussions with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What have been your biggest accomplishments in PR and HR communications?   Answer Question

Internet Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Glenview, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very slow and drawn out. the manager did not show any immediate rush to fill the position and they were poor at getting back with information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very informative. Company background, goals, careers, and benefits . They review your resume, followed by the information process. If you are able to receive an offer, you will receive an offer by the end of the interview, or at least this is what I experienced.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into insurance? How do you do with rejection?   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Combined Insurance in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by email from having my resume posted online and was lied to non stop. They emailed me the lies about the training in Chicago. If you have another job offer stay away from this company its a waste of time. It's also a waste of gas and money. Get yourself a real job peopledon't let them use you and suck you in . lies lies lies

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Good experience and was told exactly what I had to do to join combined, they did keep all of their promises in regards to pay and bonuses. They helped me pay for insurance school and overall a very positive experience. It is a very positive company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in insurance?   1 Answer

Field Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Combined Insurance (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

basically they call you up, talk great about the company and its potential (I could make 115k in just a few short years, big lie) you accept the job, start studying for your license if you passed your insurance license test, you were sent to Chicago for sales training then you hit the field and reality sets in

Interview Questions

• virtually nil, other than are you a felon, you have a good driving record and when can you start?   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Combined Insurance.

Interview

Had posted my resume on Monster and received a phone call from the local manager asking me to come meet her for an interview. The interview took place at a Panera Bread which was odd. She then introduced me to her team which was having their meeting in a back room. She explained that I would have to get my insurance license and that they would send me to school for that for three weeks. I was in need of a job so I accepted. After being in a hotel for three weeks (you aren't permitted to leave other than to go to classes) I went to the field to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations it is all commission