Comcast

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Marsh, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Marsh, MD

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Comcast in October 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter on a Tuesday for a phone interview, she scheduled me for a face to face on Thursday. After the first interview they asked me to stay for a second an was offered the job on Monday morning. I am currently waiting for my drug and background check.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Account Executive Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast in September 2012.

took 4 months to get hired. they are always back filling because of high turnover. Standard 3 step interview with drug screening. Hired from Regional office not totally a local decision.

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Comcast in April 2012.

The hiring and interview process is not great. They ask you the standard questions such as "describe a moment where you provided great customer service and the outcome" or "decribe a difficult situation that happened and how did you respond to it". I've been asked these questions so much I have my answers memorized. Also, if you do not have a 24/7 availability then forget about it. I was not even considered because I am not available to work nights. Surprising, some people actually have a set availability still these days.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, however, I have a question that may be difficult for Comcast to answer - why is this job always available every six months? I have literally been timing the space between the emails I receive for this position and the information I was able to get about the job during my interview. You start off with about 4 weeks of training, then you move to a shift that changes every six months. Hmm, guess there are other people out there who are not willing to be bounced around from schedule to schedule. People have families and possibly second jobs, but that is of no concern to Comcast.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Comcast in March 2012.

The hiring manager acted very excited to interview me on the phone, so I drove 3 hours to Houston only for him to sit there playing with his phone and asking me very elementary questions like, "What is your biggest fault" and "Tell me about a time you overcame an obstacle and made the sale." It was by far the worst interview ever. I started answering with the most ridiculously cocky answers I could think of. Found it hard to believe that he called the recruiter afterwards to start the hiring process. Needless to say, I passed on that trainwreck and kindly asked the recruiter to withdraw me from consideration.

Interview Questions
    • How can I answer this? There weren't any. This most difficult would be "Why do you want to work for Comcast."   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast in September 2009.

when I worked for comcast the best part about the job was I got to go the the headwater which was very nice. They feed you breakfast and lunch everyday. But you did not get a dinner allowance which suck big time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in May 2009.

I first heard about the job opening from a friend that there was a job fair at a nearby hotel. I went into the lobby and was directed to the area where the fair was taking place. Upon entering a large conference room I was greeted by three management level individuals and one Human Resources rep. I was given a packet of questions to fill out in a S.T.A.R. format. Once the packet was completed I returned it to the HR rep and was then directed to a one on one informal interview with a supervisor. The questions did not seem to hard just more on how do you deal with handling objections and change as well as excalated issues in fast paced environments.

Interview Questions
    • Tell Me about a time when you did not get along with a co-worker. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast in April 2008.

Group orientation, Personality Test, Supervisor interview, background check.

Interview Questions
    • NAme a dificult situation you came across and how where you able to over come this.   Answer Question
    • How did you hand a situation between two arguing co-workers?   Answer Question
    mope inital start base part-time hourly. Discounted TV/Internet/Phone service after 3 months.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast in February 2010.

The initial interviewer did not conduct the 1:1 interview. However, the interviewer was very pleasant, but was very vague at responding to questions about the job and company. After the interview, I was immediately directed to another location where the initial interviewer would speak with me. That process went very fast with little to no communication. The person only completed paper work, stated I was hired, and proceeded to walk away. From this process, I concluded that the company was not looking for people to grow the company.

Interview Questions
    • What does Customer Service means to you and how do you feel about constant verbal attacks from a client?   Answer Question