Comcast

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.5

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

It took awhile for someone from the recruitment team to contact me and then scheduling of interviews were pretty spaced out between the recruiter, manager, Director interviews. Once I went through it, the actual hiring and start dates happened right away.

Interview Questions
  • If you knock on 50 doors and have all of them rejected, most will be rude, what will you do?   View Answer
Salary was pre-derermined

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

1ST STEP is 1 or 2 phone interviews with a recruiter usually from the corporate HQ office and then a local manager. 2nd will be an in person interview with a sales manager. Typical interview process from there. If you impress the sales manager, you will need to really impress the Director who makes the final decision. From there if they decide to move forward, you will get an official offer letter within a week (or days possibly).

Interview Questions
    • One of the essential elements of any sales job is to be able to think "on your toes" and articulate your thoughts where it convinces the other person to take action. Thoroughly preparation will yield great results every time and just be yourself.   Answer Question
    NO negotiation. Their base salary is fixed. Commission all depends on your ability to produce.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in August 2014.

Took way too long, about 2 months. Lots of hoops and the Base kept going down with every hoop. Requires PowerPont Presentation on self to be presented before personal/panel interview. Finally went to their Corporate office and knew it was a dead deal. Limited territory. Do the Math and you would see you would run out of new prospects within a few months.

Interview Questions
    • 2 different people asked me a similar question...to explain a time when I got a "No" and had to switch it around and a time when I ran into an adversity and overcame it.   View Answer

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast.

Pretty standard... "Tell me about yourself?" "Why do you think you'd be a good fit?" "What made you apply?" It purpose of hiring seemed to be about filling seats rather than quality of worker.

Interview Questions
    Very long and drawn out. Seemed to be a lot of confusion in the process with recruiters quitting and managers trying to manage their own teams.

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Comcast in May 2014.

3 face to face interviews. Very detailed and fast paced. Interviewer did a thorough job of explaining job duties and expectations. Asked several questions related to overcoming objections as well as the handling of real time issues. They don't allow ride alongs with reps. If they're interested than the process is fast!!! Turned down because of salary and they countered with signing bonus.

Offer was made quickly however Salary wasn't on par with industry standards

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bedford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Bedford, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast.

Process is long, drawn out and insulting to the applicant.

Interview Questions

Learned that sales reps don't really have protected territories or leads and they "step all over each other" -- and that the turnover is very high. Why bother?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fife, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fife, WA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Comcast.

Received a call from a recruiter who requested me to participate in a screening interview for a BAE. She positioned the pay for the position as being $40,000 to $80,000 per year, but then later said that the actual hourly pay is $10.50 per hour. I went to glassdoor and found that the pay range is actually $22,000 to 40,000 at the high end - the average appears to be around $12 per hour. No wonder they are constantly recruiting. She cold called me and knew my background is way overqualified for an entry level position - obviously she just wants to earn her commission for a placement. I am senior mid-career professional with a B.A. degree in business, supervisory experience and over 10 years of outside B2B sales experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in August 2012.

I had two interviews, one with my future boss and the other with his boss. My boss was more interested in whether I'd be manageable while his boss was interested in my experience.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask me any challenging questions, just whether I had phone, internet and television experience. I had some so it seemed okay.   Answer Question
    There was negotiation, it was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast in August 2012.

Apply online, take online test. called in for interview, offered position by manager, follow up by HR, Background Check, Drug test. Start Date. Hiring manager might not be your real manager. They lose so many sales people monthly they need to fill the open positions with bodies. Took 3 weeks from application to start date.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this pen.
      Can you breathe and talk?
      Do you want to make 100K per year? It's a lie and is used to bait you into salivation
      Tell me your 30 second elevator speech.
      Tell me who you are.

Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast in January 2010.

I left unfortunately due to a disability. We were on our 3rd manager in 2 years when I left. Since then there is another manager so I do not know how well they are doing. I have heard the other areas are doing well, but they have had the same managers in place for a few years, and these managers actually had performed in this position prior to management. They seem to hire quickly now for this position, when at one time? no opening for 13 years, it was a sought after position, now a revolving door. It's not the quality of the people they are hiring, there is no support, not a long enough ramp up period, and no help in the field from management. My former manager accidentally blew my laptop up, and he never replaced it. Over a year I had to use my personal laptop which prevented me from access to tools needed to perform my job, so having the right tools and manager makes a difference. I understand the new manager is doing well.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle rejection, or a potential client who has Comcast residential services and hates it, or has had nothing but problems with it. How would you handle an irate customer.   Answer Question
    I was promoted within the company, having been a successful DSR, residential sales rep for over 10 years. The salary is the same for everyone when you start, or so I was told. I did not have to get the training or do the modules other new hires from outiside the company has to do. Already knowing the product helped me, so it's unfair for me to answer this question.