Comcast

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Comm Tech I Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Comcast.

Interview Details – Received phone interview on 2/11/14. Day after applying online. After completing exam was offered face to face interview on 2/17/14. Was notified and received initial offer for job 2/20/14. Start class 3/17/14 pending background check which should be fine.

Interview Question – Questions were as expected mostly what was asked on phone plus a few for how you handle yourself in certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Plymouth, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Comcast in November 2013.

Interview Details – Comcast hiring process for comm techs is very long in the Detroit area. I applied for the comm tech 1 job in Plymouth, MI in Oct 2013. I got a call back the next day after I applied for a phone interview. I guess I did well in the phone interview as they had me take some online placement tests after that. The placement tests where a bit intimidating. One of them asks you like 20 physics/mechanical skills questions and says you have to get 15 right to pass. After that they have another test.. think it is to test your comprehension abilities. you get 2 minutes to answer 40 questions. I only answered 29 out of the 40 before I ran out of time and I passed. After I passed the online test I was scheduled for a in person interview a entire month later. The in person interview asked several of the same questions the phone interview asked. I got a call back about 3-4 days after the phone interview offering me the job pending a background check and drug testing. I am suppose to start at the beginning of Feb 2014. Hiring process takes for ever, but to me it is worth it.

Interview Question – Nothing to unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They are very upfront on telling you what your pay and benefits will be before you start.

Very Easy Interview

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in July 2013.

Interview Details – There was a phone call interview that was about 15 minutes and was very easy. a week later I was called in for a job interview. That interview took about 20 minutes, and in all honesty was about the same questions as the phone interview. And lastly it took about 2-4 weeks to hear from them and then an additional 2 weeks before I would start.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in October 2013.

Interview Details – I literally scouted the net to find information on this entire hiring process, and since I've gotten the job I've decide to do someone a favor & release some tensions and anxiety by giving a full recap of this "JOURNEY" before i actually landed this job.

- Firstly, i applied online to every open position that was within 20-30 miles near me within the week of September 17,2013. That same week i got an email to take an assessment,which i took and completed about 88% of it and i am yet to be told if i passed or failed but i can safely assume that i passed.

- The following week i received a call from a recruiter who did a phone interview which basically outlined all the job required and he asked if i was able and comfortable doing all the requirements and he asked if i had any criminal history and asked if my driving record was clean , which thankfully I've been a good little guy [which I hope Mrs.Clause rewards me for this Christmas :)] and both were clean. He then told me that someone should get in touch with me to schedule the interview the forthcoming Friday, which no one did and i began to worry and called him and he said that some one would call me by the following Tuesday the latest. The following Tuesday came and no one called so i began to wonder if they weren't gonna select me anymore and i began to lose hope after i called back the recruiter guy and the guy literally said "i don't know why they haven't called yet, but they should have and there's nothing i can do"

-Wednesday morning came and a lady called me and basically ran through all the questions that the guy had asked me and i gave the same replies, and she scheduled my interview for the following day. Luckily Wednesday and Thursday were my days off from my old job and i got to prepare myself adequately for the interview.

-Interview morning,i arrived half an hour early, and was warmly greeted and kindly told to wait until 15 minutes before my appointed time to re-enter the building and i did so and took seat and waited on whosoever was going to interview me and not a minute after my appointed time(Lol i honestly expected them to be an hour or so late based on past interview experiences) two managers came and interviewed me, the interview started and ended very well,lasted about 50 minutes, was the best interview that I've ever had, and i thank all my past failed interviews primarily the last one i had for At&t to have inspired me to do even better and just be me,tell the truth and don't try to polish or butter anything up in the interview to make myself look impressive.(P.S the only job experiences i had prior to this was as a Cart Pusher and i use to wash dishes also, but sometimes your stuck doing unfortunate things you have no interest in doing in order to make some money to survive and while getting this job isn't the biggest success story out there its a stepping block into to a field i have immense passion for and i intend to give my uttermost best to this job and let my gratefulness be seen every day).

-Five days(which felt like a month lol) after the job interview i was emailed and told i had gotten the job and was given a conditional offer pending my drug and background check and was sent an email with links that provided me information about my drug and background check. Did the drug test which took maybe 3-5 days for the results to come back and also the background check which took exactly two weeks to come back( it probably took that long because I'm from a foreign country and took resident in the U.S only a few years now, could be shorter for you)

-About two days after my background check was completed by Carco,i received my final offer which i signed and faxed back to their HR. Benefits included free cable and high speed internet and a decent pay which "For Me", can allow me to breath a little n enjoy life a little. My starting date is next week and i would gladly give a review on what is to follow after i start but i don't expect this job to be a walk in the park, i expect hard days and not so hard days just like any other job, but i would gladly embrace any hard day in which i'll be surrounded with technology that's making a difference in a vast amount of peoples' lives :).Feel free to ask questions that might not have been answered above, i will reply, otherwise, i hope this article helps someone who is in a similar spot that i was in and just wants to know whats coming next and how long the process will take, just as a note in-case you haven't been keeping track, the whole process took about 5-6 weeks for me, it could be longer or shorter for you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to put yourself or a customer in harms way to get the job done.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to show a customer how a product works.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, there is a set pay they start everyone off with, however there are opportunities for pay increases based on performances.

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Comcast in January 2008.

Interview Details – comcast changes things like a 17 year old girl changes boyfriends, so this could be way different than in 2006. once you finally get called to come in, you are greeted with an SAT style math test. you are given 50 multiplication and fraction division type questions and like 5 minutes to complete. they are easy questions, if you are in the 8th grade!! if you are like me you packed away your algebra after high school and its in the basement collecting dust. they are looking for quality over quantity. GET THE PROBLEMS CORRECT as quick as you can, DONT RUSH. if you pass that

Interview Question – the obligatory "what is your greatest weakness"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation, thats funny. the company doesnt value you in the form of dollars. you are treated well, but not paid well. you dont do this job to get rich.

Sarasota, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Comcast in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, in a week got a call, had a phone interview with HR first. The HR manager asked me about my previous work experience and why I want to work for Comcast. She also asked what do I expect for pay. I told her I'm open to discuss and then she tells me that position pays $12.25 per hour to start which was fine with me. Next i had to do an online survey and a timed IQ/skills test as the first selection process. A few days later I got called for an interview. It consisted of a panel of 3 supervisors and lasted an hour long. Lots of behavioral questions and some about my previous work experience. They all said that I'm overqualified for the position and they all like me but its not up to them to hire and they will recommend me and pass the information to the next level. We'll see what happens next shortly.

Interview Questions

• What are your short comings or weak points   View Answer
  • If you were offered to do a side job after work by one of our customers, how would you answer to that?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Comm Tech I Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview seemed like a formality to the two managers that interviewed me, things started off bad and went downhill from there. I was first interviewed by a middle manager and department head, the middle manager did all of the talking during the interview (what little there was) while the department head sat at the table and stared off into outer space. The middle manager came off as if he couldn't be bothered interviewing me, there was very little Q&A and it was like pulling teeth to find out any specifics about the job.

After half an hour the two managers left the room for a few minutes then came back in and said that was all then in mid sentence, changed there minds and wanted to meet with there boss. He sauntered in about 25 minutes later sat down and said "well you wanna work at Comcast Cable... " and just sat there and said nothing else. I replied that I did and very professionally explained why etc... He sat there and I could tell he was just going thru the motions so I ended the conversation after 5 minutes, and said I guess this is it, thanks for your time and he walked me out of the building.

Needless to say I was completely taken aback by this entire experience, I have been on many interviews and have interviewed many people and I have to say I have never ever been through anything like that! Everyone was very unprofessional and the HR department was unresponsive and inept. I don't know how other areas of Comcast are run but the cable division in NJ leaves a lot to be desired.

Interview Question – One of the questions I asked "What are you looking for in the candidate applying for this position?"   View Answer

Comm Tech I Interview

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in February 2011.

Interview Details – 1st I submitted a application through comcast.com, 2 weeks later contacted for a phone interview at which time i was told I need to go online and take 2 test (in my email there was a direct link to the test), waited like 3 days and got called for a interview 8 days from the call, went in and interviewed with two installlation managers, asked about experience, your average interview questions, safety questions, seemed very thorough. Waited 2 weeks and got called to go do my drug screen and background check. week and a half later was offered employment, start date...in 2 weeks, but i'm still grateful for the opportunity

Interview Question – Can you name a time there was a near miss/ accident in your work history.   Answer Question

Comm Tech I Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Comcast in June 2010.

Interview Details – Completed two assessments on line. One a math type, the other personality. I was telephoned to say I passed both, scheduled for interview.

Interview Question – I have my ne on interview tomorrow. I will update after it is ovr.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Comcast

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast Comm Tech I interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Comcast employees and interview candidates.