Comcast

2.7

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast in October 2014.

I got a call from a out of state recruiter and did an over the phone interview.I then was sent the link for the application then the assessment test.A week later I went to participate in a 3 on one interview where the guys asking the questions seemed more nervous than I was.The questions were simple but the whole process seemed rushed like they didn't know I was coming.Maybe it was just me.

Interview Questions
  • How did I handle a conflict at my last job with co workers at my last job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Comm Tech I Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Submitted my resume Sunday afternoon. Got an Email back later that night. Then got a call from a HR person the next day and did a quick phone screen. Then waited a few days. I was on vacation and got a message on my phone from the manager saying that they want to do an interview. I told them that I was on vacation and they were totally cool with it. Went in for an interview the day after I got back from my vacation. Was there 40 minutes early. Sat in a room for a little bit before two mid aged guys came in. Asked me some questions about my technician experience and customer service experience. I was extremely relaxed and didn't feel pressured during the interview. I was completely honest with every question they asked. After the interview with these two, they went out of the room and talked. I didn't see them after that. I was then walked in by a lady to the Com Tech manager who asked me a few questions. Very simple. Then I was told I would hear something from them soon. I waited about a week when I got a call from an HR person saying that they wanted to hire me! I denied the offer because it wasn't the right job for me. $15.00/HR plus full benefits. Free cable. Etc. It was definitely a great opportunity. Not to mention, I did this when I was 18.

Interview Questions

Not the right job for me

Comm Tech I Interview

For now, I can only report that I applied online and 2 weeks later; I received a hyperlink to do an assessment online. The assessment initially had a virtual call center where I performed research, documented a customer file, emailed, reviewed faux policies to resolve customer's concerns, selected the appropriated option for the given scenario.

From there, the rest of assessment was selecting the word that best described you; same questions asked in a different ways to check for honesty. No indication was given at the end of the test whether I passed.

I will update this record if I am selected for the next step.

Interview Questions
    • will update as I have not made it to this step of the preocess   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Comcast in August 2014.

I decided to share my experience and maybe help someone get better prepare for theirs . I was contacted by a manpower recruiter about the position 8-18-2014 via email since he found my resume at monster.com. I emailed him back at 9am , by 11am I was contacted for a phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes . The recruiter sent me a link to my email to take a test . I completed the test by 2pm it takes about 49 min to complete . It was a pretty easy self assessment , basic math , mechanical test which I completed the same day. By 3pm I received a phone call from the recruiter to inform me that I passed the test and he wanted me to go forward with the process if I was still interested so he scheduled me for a face to face interview for 8-26-2014 .

The interview process was simple and not intimidating at all . I interview with two supervisors , ones was doing all the questioning , the other was making notes . They were very friendly and made me feel like I was taking to friends . They asked about 20 questions and to my surprise , only two were technical , the others were about overcoming difficult customers , biggest accomplishments at previous jobs , pretty much the kind of questions that defines your work ethics , customer service , safety , team work and leadership and to me this was great . Coming from a customer service , office management background I had no problems answering any of the questions . At the end of the interview I was given a chance to ask any questions , and that was that ! Easy enough . The next day ( today ) I received the email with the offer letter ( pending background and drug screening ) and if that goes well ( which it will ) I will be given a start date.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you have to use a manual to troubleshoot an electronic device and what was the outcome .   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you witnessed an unsafe act at your workplace and what course of action did you take .   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Comm Tech I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

The hiring processes pretty straightforward. You fill the app out online and they send you an assessment within 2 days. If you do well on the assessment you receive a phone interview, if that goes well you receive an invitation for an in person interview. When that goes well you get set an offer letter contingent on a Background check. That includes Criminal, Driving Record, Educational Verification and a Drug Screening. In about 2 weeks you get a final offer letter and a start date.

Comm Tech I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Comcast.

Received phone interview on 2/11/14. Day after applying online. After completing exam was offered face to face interview on 2/17/14. Was notified and received initial offer for job 2/20/14. Start class 3/17/14 pending background check which should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were as expected mostly what was asked on phone plus a few for how you handle yourself in certain situations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in October 2013.

I literally scouted the net to find information on this entire hiring process, and since I've gotten the job I've decide to do someone a favor & release some tensions and anxiety by giving a full recap of this "JOURNEY" before i actually landed this job.

- Firstly, i applied online to every open position that was within 20-30 miles near me within the week of September 17,2013. That same week i got an email to take an assessment,which i took and completed about 88% of it and i am yet to be told if i passed or failed but i can safely assume that i passed.

- The following week i received a call from a recruiter who did a phone interview which basically outlined all the job required and he asked if i was able and comfortable doing all the requirements and he asked if i had any criminal history and asked if my driving record was clean , which thankfully I've been a good little guy [which I hope Mrs.Clause rewards me for this Christmas :)] and both were clean. He then told me that someone should get in touch with me to schedule the interview the forthcoming Friday, which no one did and i began to worry and called him and he said that some one would call me by the following Tuesday the latest. The following Tuesday came and no one called so i began to wonder if they weren't gonna select me anymore and i began to lose hope after i called back the recruiter guy and the guy literally said "i don't know why they haven't called yet, but they should have and there's nothing i can do"

-Wednesday morning came and a lady called me and basically ran through all the questions that the guy had asked me and i gave the same replies, and she scheduled my interview for the following day. Luckily Wednesday and Thursday were my days off from my old job and i got to prepare myself adequately for the interview.

-Interview morning,i arrived half an hour early, and was warmly greeted and kindly told to wait until 15 minutes before my appointed time to re-enter the building and i did so and took seat and waited on whosoever was going to interview me and not a minute after my appointed time(Lol i honestly expected them to be an hour or so late based on past interview experiences) two managers came and interviewed me, the interview started and ended very well,lasted about 50 minutes, was the best interview that I've ever had, and i thank all my past failed interviews primarily the last one i had for At&t to have inspired me to do even better and just be me,tell the truth and don't try to polish or butter anything up in the interview to make myself look impressive.(P.S the only job experiences i had prior to this was as a Cart Pusher and i use to wash dishes also, but sometimes your stuck doing unfortunate things you have no interest in doing in order to make some money to survive and while getting this job isn't the biggest success story out there its a stepping block into to a field i have immense passion for and i intend to give my uttermost best to this job and let my gratefulness be seen every day).

-Five days(which felt like a month lol) after the job interview i was emailed and told i had gotten the job and was given a conditional offer pending my drug and background check and was sent an email with links that provided me information about my drug and background check. Did the drug test which took maybe 3-5 days for the results to come back and also the background check which took exactly two weeks to come back( it probably took that long because I'm from a foreign country and took resident in the U.S only a few years now, could be shorter for you)

-About two days after my background check was completed by Carco,i received my final offer which i signed and faxed back to their HR. Benefits included free cable and high speed internet and a decent pay which "For Me", can allow me to breath a little n enjoy life a little. My starting date is next week and i would gladly give a review on what is to follow after i start but i don't expect this job to be a walk in the park, i expect hard days and not so hard days just like any other job, but i would gladly embrace any hard day in which i'll be surrounded with technology that's making a difference in a vast amount of peoples' lives :).Feel free to ask questions that might not have been answered above, i will reply, otherwise, i hope this article helps someone who is in a similar spot that i was in and just wants to know whats coming next and how long the process will take, just as a note in-case you haven't been keeping track, the whole process took about 5-6 weeks for me, it could be longer or shorter for you.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to put yourself or a customer in harms way to get the job done.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to show a customer how a product works.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, there is a set pay they start everyone off with, however there are opportunities for pay increases based on performances.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast in November 2013.

Comcast hiring process for comm techs is very long in the Detroit area. I applied for the comm tech 1 job in Plymouth, MI in Oct 2013. I got a call back the next day after I applied for a phone interview. I guess I did well in the phone interview as they had me take some online placement tests after that. The placement tests where a bit intimidating. One of them asks you like 20 physics/mechanical skills questions and says you have to get 15 right to pass. After that they have another test.. think it is to test your comprehension abilities. you get 2 minutes to answer 40 questions. I only answered 29 out of the 40 before I ran out of time and I passed. After I passed the online test I was scheduled for a in person interview a entire month later. The in person interview asked several of the same questions the phone interview asked. I got a call back about 3-4 days after the phone interview offering me the job pending a background check and drug testing. I am suppose to start at the beginning of Feb 2014. Hiring process takes for ever, but to me it is worth it.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They are very upfront on telling you what your pay and benefits will be before you start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in July 2013.

There was a phone call interview that was about 15 minutes and was very easy. a week later I was called in for a job interview. That interview took about 20 minutes, and in all honesty was about the same questions as the phone interview. And lastly it took about 2-4 weeks to hear from them and then an additional 2 weeks before I would start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast in June 2011.

Applied online, in a week got a call, had a phone interview with HR first. The HR manager asked me about my previous work experience and why I want to work for Comcast. She also asked what do I expect for pay. I told her I'm open to discuss and then she tells me that position pays $12.25 per hour to start which was fine with me. Next i had to do an online survey and a timed IQ/skills test as the first selection process. A few days later I got called for an interview. It consisted of a panel of 3 supervisors and lasted an hour long. Lots of behavioral questions and some about my previous work experience. They all said that I'm overqualified for the position and they all like me but its not up to them to hire and they will recommend me and pass the information to the next level. We'll see what happens next shortly.

Interview Questions
    • What are your short comings or weak points   View Answer
    • If you were offered to do a side job after work by one of our customers, how would you answer to that?   Answer Question