Comcast Comm Tech I Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.7

Comm Tech I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Completed a test then it was followed by an interview with supervisors and then an interview with the manager. I was asked serveral questions all of which had to do with how i felt my skills worked with comcast. How did i feel about working in the field. How did i feel about having little direct supervision.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, set up a phone interview the next day, set up a face to face interview shortly there after. Basic stuff really. How do your skills fit with the current opening that sorta thing.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Comcast (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online on a Monday, found out later it was an older position.
    Phone interviewed on Tuesday which was brief, friendly, and went well.
    Completed online test with no problems, pretty basic stuff.

First in person interview was on a Wednesday, lasted about 90 min and went very well.
    Called back that same day and scheduled second interview for that Friday.
    Second interview went well with Tech Sup and only lasted about 30 minutes.

Received email on Monday politely stating that I was over qualified.

Interview Questions

• My comfort level dealing with upset customers face to face.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Plymouth, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

How long does it take for the live finger print scan to be done it's been a week now and still haven't got a call or email back from my recruiter

Interview Questions

• Tell me if you noticed a problem and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Rockford, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through a posting on a job site. Wasn't contacted until about a month later - I received an email that told me to complete on online assessment. The online assessment took about 40 minutes, there were 4 sections. The first section asked some basic personality questions and tried to determine how you would react in certain situations. The second section is a mechanical test where you are shown diagrams and told to solve problems based on them. The third test was a bit of a problem solving test, you are explained different scenarios and you have to solve problems based on them. I was given a basic accounting scenario and I had to sort accounts into different drawers based on the first letter of the company name and the value of the account. You won't finish all the questions in that section in time, so just do your best and answer correctly. The fourth test is just like the first one, and it asks some of the same types of questions to determine whether you were being truthful in the first part. You aren't given any feedback on the assessment once its completed.

About 2 hours after I finished the assessment I received an email from a recruiter telling me I passed the assessment and should contact her immediately to move on to the phone interview. I called the recruiter and she was very nice, they don't work directly for Comcast so theres no pressure to perform for the recruiter - they're there to help you get the job.

She said I did well on the assessment and we had about a 20 minute phone interview, she asked questions like whether I was comfortable working 3 stories up on a building, working with power tools, working in inclement weather and working overtime. She also asked why I think I would make a good candidate for the position, how would my previous supervisor describe me.

After the phone interview I set up an appointment for the in-person interview at the Comcast headquarters in my area. It was a 5 v 1 panel interview, meaning there were 5 Comcast employees sitting around a board table interviewing me. In general it was pretty low-stress and they were all very nice and welcoming. Be prepared to have at least 2 questions to ask towards the end of the interview. A day after the interview I received an email thanking me for my interest but they were pursuing other candidates, so I never got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• We all have strengths and weaknesses, what would you say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for the position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a ladder, and the safety precautions you took while handling it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a recent time you had to troubleshoot a technical problem.   Answer Question
    • How would a previous supervisor describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Three interviews in one day all three need to say yes in order for you to be hired. First interview was with two guys asking me questions about my experience and personality. Some of the questions are intense and they make it seem as if they're doubting your experience or knowledge but you have a chance to prove yourself. The second interview is with their boss who is basically the same questions but not as intense. If he says yes and they will pass it onto a third person who is over all of them. He has basically the same questions. Still not as intense as the first interview. After all three interviews they make you go wait then call you back in the office to offer you a job or dismiss you. I saw them dismiss one guy after the first interview because he had no experience at all they want you to have at least some type of experience in a related field and have a general idea of what you're going to be doing. Telling them that you are willing to learn and that you are a fast learner is not enough.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to get a job done but circumstances changed and you had to do the job differently. how did you against him what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to work without any supervision from a supervisor.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • what do you know about Comcast in its vision?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Comcast?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Berlin, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Berlin, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

They called me to schedule a phone interview, that went well in my opinion. The next day they called for me to schedule a face to face interview with 3 supervisors. They told me i would be contacted within 48 hours about the job. I was contacted by the recruiter saying that i would get an email that i did not get the job but to disregard it and then i was told i would get an email with an invite to apply. I re applied and was contacted by the recruiter saying I am still be considered for the position and not to "feel upset" so I dont think i am gonna get this job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have a conflict with a coworker on the way a cable should be ran an you know you were right but he won't listen.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

I had two separate interviews, 1st one was application review, why do you want to work here, and behavior interview questions, if you are making a job change - why did you choose Comcast?

Interview Questions

• Second Interview: more in depth and an added layer of Management, more behavior interview questions, people skills, technical skills etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Boca Raton, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

In the interview process, you sit with several other candidates and they tell you about the job to see if your a perfect fit. Then you get interviewed by supervisors and they ask personal questions/work experiences. I applied twice. I applied to one in Boca and one in Popmano Beach. I got interviewed to the one in Boca and no offer. A recruiter called me on the phone and had me applied to the one in pompano. Got interview there too and still no offer. Im starting to think its based on luck

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult task you had to face at work?
      How did you handle a difficult customer?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Lake Zurich, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I got a call from a out of state recruiter and did an over the phone interview.I then was sent the link for the application then the assessment test.A week later I went to participate in a 3 on one interview where the guys asking the questions seemed more nervous than I was.The questions were simple but the whole process seemed rushed like they didn't know I was coming.Maybe it was just me.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a conflict at my last job with co workers at my last job?   Answer Question