Comcast

Getting the Interview

27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in April 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out the application mid March. A week later I received an email to complete an assessment and the next day I had a phone interview. A week later I attended the GIS and had a second interview with a Comcast Manager. The questions were slightly different from the phone interview.

Interview Question – Make sure you prepare for difficult questions like how you handle conflict.   Answer Question

West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in March 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online. Was contacted for a phone interview by a recruiter. Recruiter asked basic questions about work history, citizenship, and maybe three past work behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when...) Was told immediately that I was moving on to next process, which would be a in person interview. The cool thing about their process is you can set up the time and date for your interview online. This was suppose to actually be a group information session followed by a 1:2 interview with supervisors. However, when I arrived i noticed they were just calling everyone in individually for 1:1 interviews there was no group session. Don't expect your interview to start exactly at the time specified. They give that time to multiple people and call you in one at a time. My interview was scheduled for 10:30 I was called in around 11. Very short interview. All but one question were behavioral questions, so make sure you have some examples of your past work experiences. YOU WILL NEED THEM! The last question was a role play where you had to sell the interviewer something. In total, there was about eight questions. I noticed that if they liked you, you were then taken to meet the area recruiting manager. If not, you were just escorted out. After I met with the area recruiting manager, I was told I would be contacted with a decision with good or bad news. I received a call the following Monday for an offer pending a drug and background test. While I was there I noticed the call center was pretty big and I was only on the first floor. Quiet too. Easy interview process if you can think of many different past experiences off the top of your head.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, however all but one of the questions for the 1:1 interview were behavioral questions. The final question was to sell the interviewer something.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negoation. They make it clear from the beginning what you will be making so not to waste yours or their time.

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in February 2012.

Interview Details – I went through 3 interviews in person, one over the phone. Th

Interview Question – Are you a shark or a piranha?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Woodridge, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Comcast in March 2014.

Interview Details – First I had a phone interview then I had a class that tells you about the job. Then the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you got into a disagreement with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Woodridge, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, then an assessment, telephone interview from manpower, called in for group information session, then an inpersonal interview, the questions are same as the telephone interview

Interview Question – If you were to learn a new technology, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Comcast in December 2013.

Interview Details – A phone interview was scheduled one week after online application was submitted. The interview is conducted by ManPower Group.

Interview Question – Do you have experience working with multiple computer monitors?
What experience do you have working in/with information technologies?
Describe your customer service experience.
Describe your proficiency using Microsoft software.
Would you be able to attend the 5-week training course program from 12-9:00 pm?
Would you be able to work 12-9?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was slightly low considering I have a BA degree and 10 years of office/administrative experience.

Tinley Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Comcast in October 2011.

Interview Details – Four steps;

Initially you contacted by a third party recruiter regarding interest and setting up a date for a group presentation (30-50people) that is made about the company and department specifically with regard to your job role in the call center, training period and employee benefits in order to sell you on this job.

The next step is going to an onsite interview with some of the training and management staff. Reminds more of military recruiting than a personal interview as this is done in mass with about a dozen candidates at a time called in to sit along a wall and then called to one of several tables in the middle of large room. Highly impersonal to say the least. You get questions about how you would provide great customer service and what you would do to help customers resolve any issues. That is just a preliminary filtering to sort out the knuckle dragging types.

If you make it past this point you are brought into a another area were candidates are called in one at a time to speak directly with a call center manager about your experiences and expectations about the job. At this point its more a validations about your desire to work their and need to provide proof of ID and fill a job application are told of you expected orientation day. Provided you pass the background and drug test you move to the next step.

Orientation is held off site with up to 100 new hire from other departments and you spend about 4hours on filling out paper work and listening to 'orientation' related speeches from a variety of staff and provided with a Citibank debit card so you can get payed without mailing a check and pressured by the Chase Bank people in the hallway sign up with them. Welcome to Comcast call center life!

Interview Question – It was all very predictable.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The only negotiation was which training class date to start on and which of three call centers I would like to work at.

Customer Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process was very pleasant. The HR reps were all very nice and happy people

Interview Question – If I saw a manager doing something that seemed to go against company policy, would I discuss it with him or report him to HR?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very pleasant

Tinley Park, IL

I interviewed at Comcast in May 2013.

Interview Details – I first applied on 4/26/2013 Within days I heard from a Third Party Recruiter asking if i had time for a phone interview....everything went well so I was sent an email about taking an assessment which was a basic Personality test where they ask you Basic questions based on your judgement, honest, and etc. The second part of the assesment is where you practice taking simulated calls to see how quickly you are able to type and navigate through different screens silmultaneously. After I Completed that I got a call scheduling my Group Information Session/Interview. So here is the thing I went May 8th 2013 and the first hour they spend time really hyping you up about the Position...After that they Send everyone in to interview with Different Managers....I interviewed with two ladies while my Friend who happened to be there...Interviewed with Two Men...We were told by the person who did the presentation that they were trying to fill 30 spots for a June 10th, 2013 training class and also that it was 15 people who attended the morning session and also about 17 people competing for these spots in my 11 am session....To make a long story short We both thought we had it in the BAG! I mean I know I rocked that interview...So I was under the impression that they would let you know the same day if you got the job or not....Apparently not because its been 2 days shy of a week and both of us are anxious! I noticed that both supervisors seemed to be impressed and were writing quite a few notes! Towards the end they started asking me About my availability and me being able to work any shift...so i am hoping that is a good sign!!! this was at Tinley Park, Il by the way!!!

Interview Question – How do you handle Irate Customers?   Answer Question

Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on-line, contact me a week later to take an on-line test. Recevied email next day that I passed. A couple days later, had a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Comcast

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast Customer Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Comcast employees and interview candidates.