Comcast

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Horsham, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Comcast in February 2014.

Interview Details – First there was an initial screening process outsourced to another company that would ask various technical related questions to see what you knew. This was conducted over the phone. After passing that they emailed you a link to take a test. This test takes about 2 hours and it tests your customer service skills as well as asks some behavioral questions to see how you would handle certain situations. After passing that you would get a call for the actual interview. This was the easiest part. Its just like any other interview simple questions. However, be aware they will ask you the same questions that the person screening you asked. So it would be help for you to write them down when asked. After that you will hear from a recruiter who will walk you through the steps for taking you drug and background check. If you pass all of these things they will send you and offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between a router and a fire wall.   View Answer
  • What are SMTP and POP servers used for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No i was not able to negotiate because i was pleased with the offer.

Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast in May 2014.

Interview Details – The phone screen and online testing were standard. I was asked to bring two copies of my resume to the interview. I gave the hiring manager and another person copies of my resume. It was clear that it was the first time they got a copy. I was asked to provide an overview of my resume, really!!!! The manager pointed out that I did not include any sales awards in my resume and should have. I like to include those details during the interview.

Interview Question – Did you know that the position was in Oakland? Really, that is the job I applied for. I guess because I am petite and not in my 20's - 30's that they were not interested.   View Answer

Customer Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in April 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out the application mid March. A week later I received an email to complete an assessment and the next day I had a phone interview. A week later I attended the GIS and had a second interview with a Comcast Manager. The questions were slightly different from the phone interview.

Interview Question – Make sure you prepare for difficult questions like how you handle conflict.   Answer Question

West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in March 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online. Was contacted for a phone interview by a recruiter. Recruiter asked basic questions about work history, citizenship, and maybe three past work behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when...) Was told immediately that I was moving on to next process, which would be a in person interview. The cool thing about their process is you can set up the time and date for your interview online. This was suppose to actually be a group information session followed by a 1:2 interview with supervisors. However, when I arrived i noticed they were just calling everyone in individually for 1:1 interviews there was no group session. Don't expect your interview to start exactly at the time specified. They give that time to multiple people and call you in one at a time. My interview was scheduled for 10:30 I was called in around 11. Very short interview. All but one question were behavioral questions, so make sure you have some examples of your past work experiences. YOU WILL NEED THEM! The last question was a role play where you had to sell the interviewer something. In total, there was about eight questions. I noticed that if they liked you, you were then taken to meet the area recruiting manager. If not, you were just escorted out. After I met with the area recruiting manager, I was told I would be contacted with a decision with good or bad news. I received a call the following Monday for an offer pending a drug and background test. While I was there I noticed the call center was pretty big and I was only on the first floor. Quiet too. Easy interview process if you can think of many different past experiences off the top of your head.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, however all but one of the questions for the 1:1 interview were behavioral questions. The final question was to sell the interviewer something.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negoation. They make it clear from the beginning what you will be making so not to waste yours or their time.

Woodridge, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Comcast in March 2014.

Interview Details – First I had a phone interview then I had a class that tells you about the job. Then the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you got into a disagreement with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in February 2012.

Interview Details – I went through 3 interviews in person, one over the phone. Th

Interview Question – Are you a shark or a piranha?   Answer Question

Woodridge, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, then an assessment, telephone interview from manpower, called in for group information session, then an inpersonal interview, the questions are same as the telephone interview

Interview Question – If you were to learn a new technology, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Comcast in December 2013.

Interview Details – A phone interview was scheduled one week after online application was submitted. The interview is conducted by ManPower Group.

Interview Question – Do you have experience working with multiple computer monitors?
What experience do you have working in/with information technologies?
Describe your customer service experience.
Describe your proficiency using Microsoft software.
Would you be able to attend the 5-week training course program from 12-9:00 pm?
Would you be able to work 12-9?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was slightly low considering I have a BA degree and 10 years of office/administrative experience.

Tinley Park, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Comcast in October 2011.

Interview Details – Four steps;

Initially you contacted by a third party recruiter regarding interest and setting up a date for a group presentation (30-50people) that is made about the company and department specifically with regard to your job role in the call center, training period and employee benefits in order to sell you on this job.

The next step is going to an onsite interview with some of the training and management staff. Reminds more of military recruiting than a personal interview as this is done in mass with about a dozen candidates at a time called in to sit along a wall and then called to one of several tables in the middle of large room. Highly impersonal to say the least. You get questions about how you would provide great customer service and what you would do to help customers resolve any issues. That is just a preliminary filtering to sort out the knuckle dragging types.

If you make it past this point you are brought into a another area were candidates are called in one at a time to speak directly with a call center manager about your experiences and expectations about the job. At this point its more a validations about your desire to work their and need to provide proof of ID and fill a job application are told of you expected orientation day. Provided you pass the background and drug test you move to the next step.

Orientation is held off site with up to 100 new hire from other departments and you spend about 4hours on filling out paper work and listening to 'orientation' related speeches from a variety of staff and provided with a Citibank debit card so you can get payed without mailing a check and pressured by the Chase Bank people in the hallway sign up with them. Welcome to Comcast call center life!

Interview Question – It was all very predictable.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The only negotiation was which training class date to start on and which of three call centers I would like to work at.

Customer Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process was very pleasant. The HR reps were all very nice and happy people

Interview Question – If I saw a manager doing something that seemed to go against company policy, would I discuss it with him or report him to HR?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very pleasant

Interviews for Top Jobs at Comcast

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast Customer Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Comcast employees and interview candidates.