Comcast Interview Questions in Denver, CO

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Comcast in August 2013.

The total process of submitting my application to actually getting the interview was a little over a month. After getting the offer, it was an additional month before training started. You first get a phone interview with roughly 10 questions that cover your work experience as well as making sure that you know the expectations of the position you are applying for. Once the pre-screen is complete and you move on to the second round, you will meet in person with 1-2 people for a 5 star format interview. You are presented with a situation and you are to answer with a specific time you've dealt with that situation, what you did, and the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Not necessarily difficult, but a lot of people get tripped up on the "what is your greatest weakness" question. Discuss a non-essential skill here or mention skills that you have improved on. Find a way to turn the negative in to a positive based on the position you are applying for.   Answer Question
    Really not a negotiation, they just present their standard offer. I knew 2 employees who were hired before me and 5 after me who were all given the same exact offer. Now that I've been there, I've been informed that if you try to negotiate your offer, the revoke/pull the offer.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in January 2014.

Hiring process was painfully slow (28 days before I started training) and very in depth. But well worth it! Prepare to jump through hoops you have never had to before, but remember they are looking for only the very best and brightest candidates!

Interview Questions
    • Which is more important to you, making a lot of money or enjoying your hobby?   View Answer
    • Let's say you've made 3 sales for the day and you've still got almost 4 hours left on the clock, (be honest) would you text your Sup the good news then go home or would you keep working?   View Answer
    Pretty straightforward, the salary and commission structure far exceeded anything I had before, so there was no negotiation.

Process Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

Typical process, Interviewed with HR, then phone call with the manager, met the manager and was asked do to a presentation. Then met a couple members of the senior leadership team and was hired.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult about the interview or the process.   Answer Question
    They asked what I make and then made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Residential Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in April 2012.

multiple phone interviews followed up with a face-to-face interview. Applied online, had a phone call to confirm interest. Had another phone call to cover preliminaries, then met with the hiring manager.

no negotiation

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Comcast.

I was contacted by contracting company who asked if I wanted to work for them at comcast. They interviewed me, next was comcast inteview then nothing happened. A year later I was again contacted by the contractor, They said this time they budget approval. Another 20minute interview and I was hired. #0 days later they brought me on permanent.

Interview Questions
    • Can you migrate Microsft Sql Server 2000 databases to Microsoft Sql Server 2005 server? Do you know how to build Sql Server Reporting services reports? Can you do Sql Server Integration services ETL?   View Answer
    you start on Monday 8:00 AM

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Comcast in April 2014.

applied online, then scheduled a phone interview, No difficult question. waiting for reply

Business Services Sales Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in October 2013.

Only took a week or two. Had a phone interview, an interview with supervisors, then an interview with the manager. Very painless.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you had a confrontation with a coworker and how did you resolve the issue?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Littleton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Comcast in June 2010.

I received an initial phone call from a Comcast recruiter. The recruiter's questions were mostly about career interests, salary expectations, when I would be available, etc. I then received a call from the hiring manager. No technical questions, just questions about what I had on my resume. Next came an on-site interview with two other Senior Software Engineers. One asked almost no technical questions, but the other had put together a list of questions that was about two pages long, mostly pertaining to the Java programming language, APIs, and tools. With about 12 years of Java experience under my belt, I sailed right through these.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot recall a specific question that stood out as being "most difficult or unexpected", but almost all of the questions could be gleaned from The Java Programming Language or the Java Standard Edition API documentation, for example: "describe the java.util.Arrays class".   View Answer
    I was able to get the salary and signing bonus up slightly from the original offer, but everything else was standardized and not easily negotiable. For example, I asked for more vacation beyond the standard 10 days that was offered, but was told that such a concession would require the approval of a senior vice-president, and that such approval was rarely given. In hindsight, I think that it would have been possible to get such approval, but it might have taken a long time to get, and who really has the patience to wait for days or weeks once you have an otherwise good offer in hand?

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Comcast in September 2013.

The interview process was relatively painless. I had 3 total interviews between HR, future colleagues, and the hiring manager. All communication was via phone or email and my time was clearly valued. The people were friendly and were genuinely intrigued in what I brought to the position.

Interview Questions
    • A white rabbit walks into the room wearing a sombrero; where did he come from, why is he here, and where does he want to take you and why?   Answer Question

NASR Tech II, Tier I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in August 2013.

1) 10-minute over the phone interview 2) Group of 18 on Monday and another group on Tuesday (number unknown). Execs spoke about the basics of Comcast. Internal employees got to go first to interview with 2 Comcast employees. 3) In my case, offered a position immediately following the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The wait. I was one of the last to check-in for the group meeting about company overview. Scheduled to start at 9a. Was there at 845a and still last to check-in. Internals were interviewed first (after the company presentation). Actual interviews started at 10a...I was in the last group and got out of there about 1230p.   Answer Question
    Offered me position right after interview; background, drug test and offer followed within a week.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!