Comcast Interview Questions in Denver, CO

2.8

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in August 2014.

Took 1-2 weeks to receive a call from the recruitment team.

Interview rounds:

1. Phone screening with Recruiter. It's a casual call where the recruiter tries to get an overall idea of yourself and/or your job motives. Call lasted for 15-20 mins or so.

2. Three telephone interviews back to back - It took another 2 weeks to receive a call. The company is not very prompt with recruitment process and has a very stagnating working strategies.

- The first round of telephone interview was with the team lead. The person sounded knowledgeable and very professional. This round of interview majorly focused on Big Data foundations and its ecosystem tools which the company is using currently. I was glad this interview went well.

- The second round of interview was with another team lead. A similar set of questions were asked similar to the 1st round. Most of the questions were originated from my resume. This person was not at all professional and I observed lots of ego, pride, frustration and supreme authority during the interview. I was not at all happy with the way the interview was conducted. During the end of the interview when he said "Do you have any questions for me?", I asked if there were any grey areas in my resume that needed any specific elaboration on the skill set, he replied with lots of arrogance that he is the one who's supposed to question me not the other way round. I was really dumb struck with his response. In the world of MNC corporations, this kind of behavior is not at all appreciated. Seems like this person has got issues.

- The third round of interview was with the Director. I was glad that this interview went well. This call was least into technical knowledge but was rather behavioral based. This person was very cool and laid back but very professional.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Check "rownum partition by order by" clause in SQL
      2. Be confident with the work you mentioned in your resume.
        Answer Question

Process Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Typical process, Interviewed with HR, then phone call with the manager, met the manager and was asked do to a presentation. Then met a couple members of the senior leadership team and was hired.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult about the interview or the process.   Answer Question
    They asked what I make and then made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast.

I was contacted by contracting company who asked if I wanted to work for them at comcast. They interviewed me, next was comcast inteview then nothing happened. A year later I was again contacted by the contractor, They said this time they budget approval. Another 20minute interview and I was hired. #0 days later they brought me on permanent.

Interview Questions
    • Can you migrate Microsft Sql Server 2000 databases to Microsoft Sql Server 2005 server? Do you know how to build Sql Server Reporting services reports? Can you do Sql Server Integration services ETL?   View Answer
    you start on Monday 8:00 AM

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Comcast in April 2014.

applied online, then scheduled a phone interview, No difficult question. waiting for reply

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in January 2014.

Hiring process was painfully slow (28 days before I started training) and very in depth. But well worth it! Prepare to jump through hoops you have never had to before, but remember they are looking for only the very best and brightest candidates!

Interview Questions
    • Which is more important to you, making a lot of money or enjoying your hobby?   View Answer
    • Let's say you've made 3 sales for the day and you've still got almost 4 hours left on the clock, (be honest) would you text your Sup the good news then go home or would you keep working?   View Answer
    Pretty straightforward, the salary and commission structure far exceeded anything I had before, so there was no negotiation.

Business Services Sales Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in October 2013.

Only took a week or two. Had a phone interview, an interview with supervisors, then an interview with the manager. Very painless.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you had a confrontation with a coworker and how did you resolve the issue?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast in September 2013.

The interview process was relatively painless. I had 3 total interviews between HR, future colleagues, and the hiring manager. All communication was via phone or email and my time was clearly valued. The people were friendly and were genuinely intrigued in what I brought to the position.

Interview Questions
    • A white rabbit walks into the room wearing a sombrero; where did he come from, why is he here, and where does he want to take you and why?   Answer Question

NASR Tech II, Tier I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in August 2013.

1) 10-minute over the phone interview 2) Group of 18 on Monday and another group on Tuesday (number unknown). Execs spoke about the basics of Comcast. Internal employees got to go first to interview with 2 Comcast employees. 3) In my case, offered a position immediately following the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The wait. I was one of the last to check-in for the group meeting about company overview. Scheduled to start at 9a. Was there at 845a and still last to check-in. Internals were interviewed first (after the company presentation). Actual interviews started at 10a...I was in the last group and got out of there about 1230p.   Answer Question
    Offered me position right after interview; background, drug test and offer followed within a week.

Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast in August 2013.

The total process of submitting my application to actually getting the interview was a little over a month. After getting the offer, it was an additional month before training started. You first get a phone interview with roughly 10 questions that cover your work experience as well as making sure that you know the expectations of the position you are applying for. Once the pre-screen is complete and you move on to the second round, you will meet in person with 1-2 people for a 5 star format interview. You are presented with a situation and you are to answer with a specific time you've dealt with that situation, what you did, and the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Not necessarily difficult, but a lot of people get tripped up on the "what is your greatest weakness" question. Discuss a non-essential skill here or mention skills that you have improved on. Find a way to turn the negative in to a positive based on the position you are applying for.   Answer Question
    Really not a negotiation, they just present their standard offer. I knew 2 employees who were hired before me and 5 after me who were all given the same exact offer. Now that I've been there, I've been informed that if you try to negotiate your offer, the revoke/pull the offer.

Operational Support Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

It was a pretty easy process but long. Went through multiple interviews and sometimes designated interviewers would not show up for the interview or would come in late.

Interview Questions
    Pretty open on negotiations. Got what I wanted but probably could have gotten more looking back at what others received.