Comcast

Getting the Interview

30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Nash, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast in January 2012.

Interview Details – Usual Skill Set Specific Questions.

Interview Question – No Questions out Of The Ordinary   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Comcast in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process has been insightful and the recruiters have very informative and been Great along the way! All my questions and concerns have been answered quickly and very helpful!

Interview Question – No questions were too hard   Answer Question

Direct Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very smooth and quick experience. A supervisor interviewed me and that was it. Based on my previous experience it was a very good fit.

Interview Question – None. I was asked about previous experience in door to door sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I should have. At that point I did not know you could.

Very Easy Interview

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Comcast in June 2013.

Interview Details – They call you for a phone pre-interview before they give you a real one. It pretty is a basic interview. They ask questions about performing commission sales, and how good of your customer service skills are.

Interview Question – none of them.   Answer Question

Direct Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

Interview Details – Interview with supervisor, interview with manager, got offer a couple of days later

Interview Question – What makes you think you can succeed in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Direct Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

Interview Details – Group interview infront of managers. then a one on one interview with a hr person.

Interview Question – sell me something   View Answer

Manassas, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in June 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online. Once you have done this you will be contacted by a recruiter who will lead you through the remainder of the process. With them you will complete background and drug screening, complete a personality test online, have an interview scheduled, and, if accepted, get scheduled for a centralized training class.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Fixed base pay and commission structure.

Romeoville, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Comcast in September 2010.

Interview Details – i went to a job fair where they asked me about my resume, they were looking for people with good customer service and listening skills. a background in service jobs usually helps. you had to show them that you are outgoing and good at keeping people talking and being interested. as long as you have a high-school degree and can pass a drug test you are pretty much hired if you can demonstrate those qualities. after the interview you went to a second instant interview which basically was the same 5 questions asked by a different manager. at the end of it all they pretty much hire you right there on the spot you just need to wait for a call from the HR person to send you the offer letter.

Interview Question – what will you do to make a cold sale at someone's door who you just met for the first time? sell me something i dont need.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none its a fixed amount

Noblesville, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in November 2013.

Interview Details – Completed application online. The next day, I received a call from a hiring recruiter in Michigan who conducted a phone interview with me, asked me if I would like to move forward. I told her yes, she then sent me an invitation to complete an Assessment Test, which I completed immediately. The next day, I received another call from the same recruiter advising me I did very well on the assessment and at that time they extended me a "Contingent" offer which I accepted. I then completed the background check information request and drug testing. During this phase, I was in constant communication with another person from the same office as the recruiter. The background check takes the longest. It took approximately 2 weeks for it to be completed. After that was finished, and cleared, I received my official offer letter, which I accepted. Both of the people I dealt with were very nice, professional and helpful.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected or difficult. The assessment test was quite lengthy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. However, their salary + commission rates are quite generous.

Davie, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Comcast in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for Comcast back in June 2013 and I received a a phone call two days later from a recruiter who gave me information about the position and asked if I had any questions about the position, which I did. He answered them very professionally and completely which made me excited to get to the next step. He then requested that took an assessment which he emailed immediately after our phone call and I took it that night. It only took about 45 minutes and I emailed him when I was complete to let him know. He emailed me back within 15 minutes to let me know that I did great and said he would contact me the next business day. He contacted me the next business day and invited me to a General Information session held at one of the local offices close to me and I was happy to attend. They held the GIS once per month and I was just in time to make the next one. Due to some unforseen circumstances I emailed him prior to the event to let him know I would be out of town and could not make it and he was very understanding and asked me to contact him when I could. Due to being out of town for over 3 months I ended up not being able to attend the session until November of 2013 however the recruiter stayed in contact with me every month which I thought was great! It made me feel like I was wanted and that this company was serious about having great employees joining. So when I finally was able to attend the GIS in November it was about 20 people and we were at one of the local offices and about 5 managers from the different sales areas were there to answer all of our questions. At the end of the general overview of the position where they briefly went over benefits and a look at the day to day operations of a Direct Sales Representative we were given the opportunity to interview with one of the managers. Although I was very nervous I was actually more excited to interview being that I got all of my questions answered during the first part of the presentation. Since I have done door to door sales I know that it can seem intimidating at first however once you get out there and show your beautiful personality, it's actually a very fulfilling job, I was ready to interview and start the position. My interview lasted about an hour and it was with one of the managers. He was very polite and very realistic about the companys' expectations, which I appreciated. He let me know that I would be contacted by a recruiter once they had a decision to let me know of the next step. I left the GIS very excited and eager to hear back. About 4 days later I received an email letting me to know to reapply to a different requisition number and at first I was nervous because I thought that I did not get the position and that it was just an email to see if I wanted to reapply in the future however I applied to the wrong office initially so they wanted me to just do the right one. Once I completed I replied back to the recruiter who sent me the link and she immediately called me and said "Congratulations we want to move you forward in the process and we will be sending you a preliminary offer letter and you will receive the official offer letter once the background check and drug screen is complete." I was elated!!! Next I was to expect an email from a company called Carco about a drug screening and a background check. I had to complete my drug test within 48 hours and also complete my background information on the link within 48 hours. I received the link the following day from the company and I immediately scheduled my drug test at a location that was close to me to do the E-Screen. There were a plethora of locations so I picked the one closest to me and completed the test the next day. I also filled out my background information for Carco as well. The next day I received an email from Carco instructing me to fax or email a copy of my high school diploma to expedite the process, which I immediately did. That was about 7 days ago and now I am just waiting to hear back to see when I will begin my position. I am very eager to start and I have just been researching the company online and getting different reviews from other associates however I know that the only way I am going to really get an inside view of how the job is, is to just get out there and do it! Good luck to everyone else who is in the same process! I have heard MANY great things about this company from people who work there and I will keep you updated as much as I can!

Interview Question – I really was not caught off guard with any questions during the process. It was very easy and straightforward. That's how I like the process to be!   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Comcast

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast Direct Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Comcast employees and interview candidates.