Comcast Direct Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with your run of the mill STAR formatted questions. When in for a face to face where I was further explained the role of the position. All in all a relatively easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to use previous experience to deal with a unhappy customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Comcast (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

The process has changed significantly since my hire so I can really offer any really advice on this topic, sorry. My understanding is now it is pretty extensive, application, resume, interview, testing, and then training. Best thing is to be willing to work hard and have work experience in sales. If you are not a sales person do not apply to these positions, you will fail and be miserable. If you are sales guy this is a great gig!

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about experience, education, interest, background, why I applied etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was none, they have a set starting and ramp amount based on the geographic location your living in. This is applicable because the cost of living varies greatly from area to area.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

The interview process is designed to be 60 minutes but due to an excess of positions opening up, they scheduled me for a 30 minute (actual duration ~26). Two interviewers present throughout; they alternated asking questions and explaining the duties of the role. They began by explaining how the interview would be informal and told me to relax. I'm always Leary of this statement because it tends to be a trap. I donned my two piece suit for whatever that's worth.

Interview Questions

• Based on your resume, you have very little sales experience. How do you feel you would compensate if given the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The base salary was predetermined. The remaining income would be commission based.

Anonymous Employee in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Normal, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy, I talked with a recruiter, interviewed apprx. 2 weeks later. Received a call the same day that they wanted me for the job. Then you receive a preliminary offer while they conduct your background check and drug test. You cannot have 2 moving violations on your record for this position. This is as far as I have gotten. I have a ticket that I have submitted back into court for supervision in order to begin the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Sell me something.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • all of the questions were pretty basic and then the elaborated on the scope of the position in more detail, which was entirely different from what I learned through the Manpower recruiter. There is 4 weeks of training away from your area to get started.   Answer Question
    • If you haven't sold anything for 8 hours and it is the end of the day, what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none. Your job is to make 100% commission off with a base salary of $28,080. 100% commission will give you a salary of $78,000. That is paid bi-weekly after selling 8 tv services, 8 internet, 4 phone, 2 security systems. If you excel above these numbers, you can elevate yourself to a dsr rep 2 with base salary of $31,000.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Taunton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Comcast (East Taunton, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Had a couple of interviews via different recruiters. It turns out that having mass interviews with anyone they can get their hands on is very common. The job involves literally riding around with an iPad looking for companies that are not customers, then cold calling them. Rinse and repeat. High turnover, churn and burn, just like the interview process. They are constantly advertising for a reason.

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Elmhurst, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Recruiter reaches out or phone interview, then, you complete an app form, then someone from Comcast calls you for a phone interview, then, a face to face, then a drug test, FBI and drivers license background check, then 1 week of processing time, then orientation, then hired and then 4 to 5 weeks of useless training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Comcast? Why should we hire you? What do you like about sales? Can you handle rejection? Are you willing to knock on 100 doors a day and make one sale per day at least/   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Filled out online application, emailed back to take a test, then scheduled phoner, then in person interview, then was called for job offer(took a week), then drug test/background(took a week),finallized hire. Total process took about a month and started training another month after finalizing hire.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you used tech to help service a customer in your previus job.   Answer Question

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process was done through a recruiting firm out of Phoenix. The call was made the day after I submitted my application online. They had me do an online assessment/. I received a call the next day and had a phone interview. The process was pretty quick. However, I did not get the offer right away and I thought I had lost the opportunity. I had a pretty good interview with the Sales Supervisor as well as the Area Manager. But they had just taken a while to get around to sending the information to the recruiting firm. Once I got the offer, everything went smoothly from there.

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult questions. The interviewer just asked the same regular questions. However, they did stress the importance of the job and what it entailed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

A total of three interviews to land the role. first step is phone screen with recruiter then there is a group interview/presentation. then this moves into 1 on 1 interviews and then a possible inteview with a manager

Interview Questions

• Be ready for a behavioral interview focused on sales. know how you would be successful and be able to show a plan of action   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Portland, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

Two managers conducted the interview and asked all the normal standard questions. Not very difficult and I had an offer within 3 days. Make sure to dress professionally for the interview i.e. a nice shirt and tie with dress pants. A couple of guys before and after me were there in polo shirts and jeans and they didn't get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you convinced someone to purchase something they didn't feel they would ever need or want.   Answer Question