Comcast

2.6

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noblesville, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in November 2013.

Completed application online. The next day, I received a call from a hiring recruiter in Michigan who conducted a phone interview with me, asked me if I would like to move forward. I told her yes, she then sent me an invitation to complete an Assessment Test, which I completed immediately. The next day, I received another call from the same recruiter advising me I did very well on the assessment and at that time they extended me a "Contingent" offer which I accepted. I then completed the background check information request and drug testing. During this phase, I was in constant communication with another person from the same office as the recruiter. The background check takes the longest. It took approximately 2 weeks for it to be completed. After that was finished, and cleared, I received my official offer letter, which I accepted. Both of the people I dealt with were very nice, professional and helpful.

Interview Questions
  • There was nothing unexpected or difficult. The assessment test was quite lengthy.   Answer Question
No negotiation. However, their salary + commission rates are quite generous.

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in June 2013.

Apply online. Once you have done this you will be contacted by a recruiter who will lead you through the remainder of the process. With them you will complete background and drug screening, complete a personality test online, have an interview scheduled, and, if accepted, get scheduled for a centralized training class.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Fixed base pay and commission structure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Comcast in June 2013.

They call you for a phone pre-interview before they give you a real one. It pretty is a basic interview. They ask questions about performing commission sales, and how good of your customer service skills are.

Direct Sale Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast in April 2013.

I applied online, then took a personality test. I received a 45 minute phone interview two days later. The interview went well, then I was asked to come in for a interview with the Regional sales manager. I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week, regarding whether or not I got the job. I didn't hear back for 3 months from H.R. with a offer.

There was no negotiating.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast.

The process starts with a personality test, then a phone interview. If you pass this point you will have a pre interview and a final interview. It is a long and poorly executed process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions on the personality test were difficult to answer truthfully.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in February 2013.

One interview, very laid back environment. Borderline unprofessional. Asked how I would present the sale. Asked about closing abilities and how I would close a sale.

No negotiaiton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast.

Submitted application and was called within a week for a phone interview. Was given a test to take and submit prior to the phone interview. After phone interview, they scheduled an in person interview. In person interview had two people, supervisors, ask questions about sales experience, resume, sales process, and mock sale on the spot. Interview lasted about 1 and one-half hours. Was told someone would get back to me. A few days later, HR called and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the sales process. What is the most important part of the sales process. Why? What specific sales experience do you have? Quantify the results of that experience. Sell me right now, on the spot. Imagine your are approaching someone's home, and sell them services.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in December 2012.

Applied online initially. Long application process. After applying there was an hour long online assessment. It was all personality type questions, pretty standard. Got a call a few days later from a corporate recruiter and set up an over the phone interview. Phone interview was pretty standard. Took about 45 minutes. Got a call a few days later to come in for a personal interview. Interview lasted about an hour. Got a rejection email over a month later. I emailed the interviewer for feedback on the rejection because I thought it went quite well. Never got a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Comcast in November 2012.

You either contact the team manager him/herself, or you are hired through a company such as Northwest staffing. My initial job started with being contacted by the team manager himself, and it worked out pretty well. I then move on to retail where I was hired through Northwest staffing. I was tested on my ability to Open, converse, and close the product. After the test, I was given tax papers, as well as a drug test. I was then contacted by them an offered two positions. Either in house (working directly for Comcast), or Contract. I chose Contract because my weekly Commission isn't capped. I am a hard worker, so I like to get the maximum out of my work.

Interview Questions
    I simply asked about the pay scale. It worked for me, and I accepted. I started the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in November 2012.

I was contacted by an outside recruiter who told me everything they were looking for in a candidate. She was paid when I was hired so it was in her best interest to give me all the tools I needed to get the job. The main thing they were looking for was work ethic and lots of ambition. After I was briefed by the recruiter, I had to call a number and leave a 1 minute voice message stating my name, position applying for, and introduce myself and my background. They wanted to hear how I sounded over the phone. Then I was called back to set up an interview. The interview wasnt very difficult. I convince them that I was ambitious, driven, and could handle rejection well.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with a situation in which yo had to handle a conflict with a coworker?   View Answer
    They didnt negotiate