Comcast

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an internal recruiter before the job description was defined and approved. The job sounded like an exact match, a trend which continued as more information was provided and the JD was forwarded.

I was brought on site for what was scheduled to be 4 back to back meetings. While preparing I was concerned to see that an individual in the hiring loop would be a subordinate to the successful candidate. This person was considered the related Subject Matter Expert despite not being considered for the more senior position.

The schedule became fluid, which is to be expected when trying to interview with those in the decision process at this level. The second meeting was with the internal recruiter's boss who actually said "I can't imagine you won't be invited back for a second round". This was after he spent a few minutes with the first person I met with, the hiring manager.

While all 4 meetings seemed to go well, I was concerned with the last discussion: the individual who would end up reporting in to the successful candidate. He asked an unexpected question regarding deep technical expertise which deviated from the stated requirements for the role. I took it in stride, but in the follow up I was informed that my limited experience for this unstated requirement was the reason I wasn't selected. Somewhere there was a disconnect. Even more frustrating, I understand that the role is still open and they are rethinking the job description. The company seems like a great place to work but I suggest caution when interviewing for a senior role. It seems that even with the job description approval process there is an issue agreeing on the requisite qualifications.

Interview Question – How experienced are you with the cloud?   View Answer

Interviewed at Comcast

Interview Details – The interviewing process was extremely rigorous but enjoyable. Each interviewer I spoke with was engaged, informative and generally pleasant. The recruiter was very responsive too. I felt that the entire process was very "two way", where they would give me the information I needed to make an informed decision as well as assessing/evaluating me.

Interview Question – None stood out as particularly challenging but all were job relevant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back and forth once.

Executive Director

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Comcast.

Interview Details – The recruiting team is very unprofessional. I applied online had the first phone interview with recruiter and he said he will setup a call with Hiring manager. Never calls back. I wrote two emails never bothered to reply back. This could be that particular recruiter but he is representing Comcast.

Interview Question – Interview was fairly standard   Answer Question

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!