Comcast Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

1.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in January 2014.

After submitting a resume, I was called by an HR person who asked a few routine questions and invited me in for an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early and the interviewer kept me waiting for over 20 minutes past my time slot. I was escorted into the interview and he asked me a few canned questions and appeared completely disinterested in my replies. He also explained the job responsibilities and the compensation. These he read from another piece of paper, never once looking up at me. Perhaps it was my age, my sex or my race but I could not believe that he would have crossed those lines. When I answered the final question on his list, he said thank you and escorted me quickly out the door. Did not even have the courtesy to shake my hand.

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Inside Sales Representative Interview

They ask you about your former employment. They talk about quotas and inbound calling.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Comcast.

I recieved an interview via my local recruiter. I filled out the online application an extensive assessment. A couple of days later I went to an interview with over 20 other candidates. There was a 20 minute presentation and then we waited for a short one on one. My one on one was standard for a CSR/Sales/Call Center position. I nailed it and recieved an email that evening from my recruiter that they loved me and wanted to hire me.

A week and a half later, after hearing nothing from them, my recruiter contacted me and said that they changed their minds because of my assesment. I was shocked since I have done this type of work before and have a college degree; tests are no stranger to me and I have never failed one. I was good at call center work and after giving a great interview I was being excluded because of a standarized test that obveously does not do what it is inteneded to do. I have a proven track record. I have even worked with the same computer systems and time management systems that Comcast uses and yet it means nothing.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions; only an unexpected computer assesment that is invalid and does not asses anything relevent to the job.   View Answer
    I recieved a half offer that was rescended; all because of a standardized test. Remember how much we all loved them in school? Now they are haunting us in the workplace.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Comcast in May 2012.

Applied online. Called me in for an interview. Talked to a manager who asked me, "are you sure since you graduated from college you would want to work here?". Then I said yes. She said ok let me set you up with manager of the sales floor. He then asked me easy questions and bam I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • "you sure you want to work from 12-9 everyday?" "this job can be stressful and you will have all calls recorded and you will have to sometimes take at least 100 calls a day, is that sound like something you would want to do?" um well considering I have no job straight out of college, yes unfortunately I will have to accept this cubicle farm job with the worst turn over rate ever recorded at any company.   View Answer
    None. Kind of like a restaurant business, although instead of 2.35 an hour plus tips, you make 13.23 an hour plus commissions. That's the commissions that he one man does for the entire company. So pray he gets your numbers right. Oh by the way, IF YOU MAKE NEW LITTLE ERROR ON A SALE YOU DO NOT GET THE COMMISSION ON THAT SALE. WHETHER ITS SPELLING THE CUSTOMERS NAME WRONG OR CLICKING ON HE WRONG BOX FOR THE CUSTOMER. No warnings, and if the customer calls back and changes anything your commissions are affects because when the guy looks at the sale he will see if anything has changed on the account that want made by you and you will lose that commission. Whack!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast in July 2009.

Consists of computer simulated test; Panel interview for personality type questions. 1on1 interview technical questions. Drug Test. employment verification and background check

straightfoward