Comcast Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

It's been more than a month, but I have not completed the whole process yet.
I applied through the company career website and was contacted for the 1st round interview.
1st round was purely behavioral questions. After more than 3 weeks, I got email for 2nd round phone interview which is a technology interview. Hopefully I will pass and get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation that you feel innovative.
    Describe one situation you are a part of a team.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

I applied through On-Campus Recruiting. I had networked with recruiters, alumni and past interns to land an interview.

The interview itself was a 2 on 1 interview held on campus. One interviewer was an HR rep, the other was a pretty prestigious executive fro the company. Questions included "Why Comcast? Why finance? How do you manage time effectively? etc" Know a lot about the companies bussiness model and show excitement!

I couldn't tell how the interview went, they didn't seem super into me but it was pretty early in the morning.

I received a call a couple of weeks later with an offer. $20 an hour, $1,500 signing bonus.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Initially applied via Comcast job portal. A couple days later I received an email to a form asking me to list my skills, available times to be called, and to upload my most recent resume and transcript. Had the phone interview, about 20 minutes long. Mainly talked about things on my resume and cable technology. A week later the HR team contacted me to schedule an on-site interview. Talked with 2 HR employees, was asked a couple general (read easy) questions about my goals and past experiences. A couple days after that, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you recently faced.   1 Answer
    • Given 9 balls, one of them being heavier but the rest identical, and two chances to weigh them on a balance, find the heaviest one.   1 Answer

Was selected for another company that I was more interested in.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Applied via corporate website, received an email requesting my career interests and interview availability. I had the first round interview which was behavioral - 20 minute phone call. The second round interview is 2-3 weeks after the first round.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a challenge you have recently overcome...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I first applied online in November. I was contacted for an interview in late December and had a phone interview in January. The entire process was very unprofessional. First of all, the interviewer told me she would call from 9-12 but I did not receive a phone call until 3. The interview itself was pretty straightforward and only lasted 7 minutes or so, but I was interrupted and put on hold at one point. I was told I would receive an email or phone call within two weeks notifying me of my status. After two weeks I followed up with my interviewer and received no reply. After another week, I followed up with my campus rep, who said I would receive an email within two more weeks. Three weeks later, I finally received an email notifying me that I would not be moving on to the next round of interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and entirely behavioral. They asked me to describe myself, situations when I have been a leader. I am waiting to hear back from them at this point in time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a personal weakness.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online through college portal, was called for an interview on campus. There were two interviewers, one was from Comcast and the other from NBC. It was an HR interview with no technical questions. It consisted of just simple questions from my resume and a few questions about me. I was not dressed in formal attire maybe they expected it. More than two weeks since the interview and have not heard a thing form them yet.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Interview

The recruiting agent called and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview covered questions about my certification (CCNA), knowledge on SIP, OSI layers,behavioral type questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter on university's career services website. Was selected for an on-campus interview with two interviewers that lasted around 30-45 minutes. Interview was a a personality-fit interview, easy-going with friendly interviewers who were very interested in what I had to say. Interviewers turned out to be my managers. More than a month later, was called by campus recruitment HR who offered me a position and sent me an email with all the details.

Interview Questions

• Not too technical or difficult, just be confident and personable!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Berlin, CT) in April 2011.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. One on the phone and one in person. The HR lady conducted a decent phone interview where she just tried to lay the groundwork for what the job is like and how I would fit into the community there. She asked your standard strength and weakness questions. The real interview was conducted by a Director of Project Management who sounded like she had never run an interview before. I just got her talking about herself and built up a rapport that way. I was interviewing her on the job more than she was interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think cable technology is going in the future?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. $14/hour no benefits or overtime.