Comcast

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.7

Retention Interview

The hiring process overall took 1 month! I applied online then received an email to take the online assessment (the assessment took 45 minutes) about 4 days later. After that I was contacted by HR for an in person interview 2 weeks later. Then after I passed the in person interview (interviewed with two different people man and woman) I received an email ( 3 days later) stating I was offered the position and I needed to take a background check and a pee test! After ALL of that I had to wait 1 week for my results then I waited for my start date! But it was all worth it because I'm PAID! Just make sure you keep in contact with the hiring manager at all times. Show you want it and you'll get it!

Interview Questions
    • Scenarios
      Name a time when a customer disrespected you, how did you handle it?
      What is your definition of prioritizing?
      What's your weakness?

Answer Question
    There is no negotiating your TIME or your MONEY. You sign a paper right before the interview stating that you agree to the dumb hours and good pay!

Technical Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Had phone calls with each member on the team. There were no technical questions, only behavioral and personal questions to see if we can be a good fit. They asked for location specifications, and I chose Denver, though they have interns all over, and especially Philly. I received an offer, and had to take a drug test. I accepted the offer and was glad I did. Large corporate company, but if you get on a good team, it is a lot of fun.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no technical questions. Relatively easy interview process. They were just looking for the best fit for the team.   Answer Question
    Rate was note negotiable.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Comcast.

Resume and Application submission followed by a telephone interview and online questionnaire. It took about a week after I submitted my application and resume before I got a call. I had a telephone interview explaining the position and then asking if I was comfortable with the situation I would be in. I was asked my employment history and education. I was asked a series of questions about how I would handle certain situation. This was a preliminary round of questions to determine whether I was a good candidate. I was sent a link for more online scenario and personality questions. It took about 45 minutes to complete the online assessment. Next is a phone call to schedule a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Driving Record - less than 5 accidents in the last 3 years.
      Felony yes or no
      How I handle a situation where I need to persuade a customer.
      How I handled a situation with my previous employer.

Answer Question

Business Account Executive Interview

Multiple interviews with current sales team. Realistic expectations set of unqualified leads, door to door sales. Looking for similar sales experience. Real sense that managers were weeding through candidates looking to draw on training salary, They wanted skin in the game buy in, product knowledge and determined effort to overcome objection.

Moved

Comm Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast in February 2015.

Three interviews in one day all three need to say yes in order for you to be hired. First interview was with two guys asking me questions about my experience and personality. Some of the questions are intense and they make it seem as if they're doubting your experience or knowledge but you have a chance to prove yourself. The second interview is with their boss who is basically the same questions but not as intense. If he says yes and they will pass it onto a third person who is over all of them. He has basically the same questions. Still not as intense as the first interview. After all three interviews they make you go wait then call you back in the office to offer you a job or dismiss you. I saw them dismiss one guy after the first interview because he had no experience at all they want you to have at least some type of experience in a related field and have a general idea of what you're going to be doing. Telling them that you are willing to learn and that you are a fast learner is not enough.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to get a job done but circumstances changed and you had to do the job differently. how did you against him what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you had to work without any supervision from a supervisor.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • what do you know about Comcast in its vision?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Comcast?   Answer Question
    There are no negotiations.

Comm Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in February 2015.

Applied online through a posting on a job site. Wasn't contacted until about a month later - I received an email that told me to complete on online assessment. The online assessment took about 40 minutes, there were 4 sections. The first section asked some basic personality questions and tried to determine how you would react in certain situations. The second section is a mechanical test where you are shown diagrams and told to solve problems based on them. The third test was a bit of a problem solving test, you are explained different scenarios and you have to solve problems based on them. I was given a basic accounting scenario and I had to sort accounts into different drawers based on the first letter of the company name and the value of the account. You won't finish all the questions in that section in time, so just do your best and answer correctly. The fourth test is just like the first one, and it asks some of the same types of questions to determine whether you were being truthful in the first part. You aren't given any feedback on the assessment once its completed.

About 2 hours after I finished the assessment I received an email from a recruiter telling me I passed the assessment and should contact her immediately to move on to the phone interview. I called the recruiter and she was very nice, they don't work directly for Comcast so theres no pressure to perform for the recruiter - they're there to help you get the job.

She said I did well on the assessment and we had about a 20 minute phone interview, she asked questions like whether I was comfortable working 3 stories up on a building, working with power tools, working in inclement weather and working overtime. She also asked why I think I would make a good candidate for the position, how would my previous supervisor describe me.

After the phone interview I set up an appointment for the in-person interview at the Comcast headquarters in my area. It was a 5 v 1 panel interview, meaning there were 5 Comcast employees sitting around a board table interviewing me. In general it was pretty low-stress and they were all very nice and welcoming. Be prepared to have at least 2 questions to ask towards the end of the interview. A day after the interview I received an email thanking me for my interest but they were pursuing other candidates, so I never got a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • We all have strengths and weaknesses, what would you say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for the position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a ladder, and the safety precautions you took while handling it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a recent time you had to troubleshoot a technical problem.   Answer Question
    • How would a previous supervisor describe you?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in February 2015.

I applied online and received an email that I was going to have an assessment. After the assessment about a week or so went by, when I received another email setting up phone interview. The phone interview was a very generic one. But irregardless you have to give genuine answers. Now I am waiting to have my final in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? How would you handle a customer that was outraged?   Answer Question

Customer Account Executive II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast in February 2015.

I applied online, I received a call about the job a week later, a phone interview was initiated. During the phone interview simple questions were asked, nothing too hard. After answering the question, I was then told I would receive an email about a personal interview within the week. I received the call the next day and made my own set date and time for my interview.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast.

From the first phone interview to the offer letter was over 3 months. The Internal recruiter was fresh off the boat and wasn't sure about the hiring process at all. He was hard to understand, broken English and spoke too soft to be heard.

Interview Questions
    • I was a rehire back. The question was: Why do you want to return to Comcast. I answered that I stepped away to advance my career in a direction I thought would be beneficial and I see this step has given knowledge, maturity, professionalism that I can now advance within Comcast and not only help grow my career, but the company as well.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Initially applied via Comcast job portal. A couple days later I received an email to a form asking me to list my skills, available times to be called, and to upload my most recent resume and transcript. Had the phone interview, about 20 minutes long. Mainly talked about things on my resume and cable technology. A week later the HR team contacted me to schedule an on-site interview. Talked with 2 HR employees, was asked a couple general (read easy) questions about my goals and past experiences. A couple days after that, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a challenge you recently faced.   View Answer
    • Given 9 balls, one of them being heavier but the rest identical, and two chances to weigh them on a balance, find the heaviest one.   View Answer

Was selected for another company that I was more interested in.