Comcast Interview Questions

2.7

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in June 2010.

Comcast web page to apply is not user friendly unable to return once logged in. No assistance from customer service/help desk. You will receive an email asking to attend a presentation for 3 hours then given a contact and asked to return for interview. Contact was a no show my appointment at 1:30 pm, did not leave until 5pm met with Direct Sales Supervisor and MUS Supervisor with a list of 10 questions. Very rude answering there cell phone during the interview. Huge waste of time will not give you any feedback on the interview or how many jobs are available.

Interview Questions
    • Would you submit a false sale?   View Answer
    • Why not go work for our competitor as a contractor with straight commission?   Answer Question

Customer Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Comcast in August 2010.

ONLINE APPLICATION FIRST,FOLLOWED BY PHONE INTERVIEW,GROUP/PANEL INTERVIEW,THEN ONE ON ONE INTERVIEW,FINAL CALL AND EMAIL FOR OFFER.INTEVIEWED QUESTIONS ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE,HOW TO SATISFY CUSTOMERS DEMANDS,DEALING WITH ANGRY CUSTOMER`S,TEAM WORK,STRENGHTS,WEAKNESSES,POSITIVE ATTITUDE,CHALLENGES,ETHICS,LEARNING

Interview Questions
    • PROVIDE EXAMPLE WHEN YOU HAVE SATISFIED A CUSTOMER`S DEMANDS THAT WERE OUTSIDE OF YOUR EMPLOYMENT   View Answer
    • HOW WOULD YOU ESCALATE AN ANGRY CUSTOMER   View Answer
    NON-NEGOTIABLE

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast in July 2010.

I was interviewed a total of six times, three by telephone and three times in person. The in person interviews were both 1 on 1 and panel interviews. The questions asked were off the cuff and didn't seem to follow any interview plan. Additionally, it was very difficult to get an understanding of the job requirements as different people held widely differing opinions of what was necessary. The process was stressful because little feedback was given, even when asked for answers were vague.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about Comcast as a company?   View Answer
    As with most large companies negotiation was nearly impossible. The offer was vanilla and essentially, take it or leave it.

Comm Tech I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast in August 2011.

The interview seemed like a formality to the two managers that interviewed me, things started off bad and went downhill from there. I was first interviewed by a middle manager and department head, the middle manager did all of the talking during the interview (what little there was) while the department head sat at the table and stared off into outer space. The middle manager came off as if he couldn't be bothered interviewing me, there was very little Q&A and it was like pulling teeth to find out any specifics about the job.

After half an hour the two managers left the room for a few minutes then came back in and said that was all then in mid sentence, changed there minds and wanted to meet with there boss. He sauntered in about 25 minutes later sat down and said "well you wanna work at Comcast Cable... " and just sat there and said nothing else. I replied that I did and very professionally explained why etc... He sat there and I could tell he was just going thru the motions so I ended the conversation after 5 minutes, and said I guess this is it, thanks for your time and he walked me out of the building.

Needless to say I was completely taken aback by this entire experience, I have been on many interviews and have interviewed many people and I have to say I have never ever been through anything like that! Everyone was very unprofessional and the HR department was unresponsive and inept. I don't know how other areas of Comcast are run but the cable division in NJ leaves a lot to be desired.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions I asked "What are you looking for in the candidate applying for this position?"   View Answer

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast in September 2011.

My resume was short listed from a job portal. I got a call from Recruiter officier. She took details of my current profile and explained me the Job description( Opportunity) . First formal round was communications, after clearing that there was a technical round with one of the SME and I was tested with my current job profile. Third round also was a technical round. Fourth round was more of process oriented and involved of ITIL(incident management). Fifth round was with higher management and checked my personality and IQ and 20% technical questions. Sixth round consists of technical, ITIL, salary, and commitment towards new job.

Interview Questions
    Mine was not so good. But it can be negotiated to get the best as people are having different salary in the same project.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast in September 2009.

when I worked for comcast the best part about the job was I got to go the the headwater which was very nice. They feed you breakfast and lunch everyday. But you did not get a dinner allowance which suck big time.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Must submit application online at website. If accepted will be invited to take a sales test online. If passed, will then get a phone call from a recruitor to set up interview which is done by the current sales supervisor team. Includes 8-10 weeks of paid training.

Interview Questions
    • Will be expected to have a minimum of 2-3 years sales experience. Questions during interview will test responses in order to see sales skills   Answer Question
    The offer was as is. No negotiations

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast.

Very long interview process, 10 year background check

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me your former company's on boarding process.   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it!

Billing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast.

Very long process. Over two months to finally get a decline letter. Call center going through reengineering process. New management in the call center. There was no real communication with the process. More like a waiting game to see what the next steps were. Process was application, assessment, phone interview, in person interview with call center managers, in person with call center director and senior HR manager, in person with HR director then decline letter two weeks later.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Hiring process slow and not very challenging. Supervisors ask questions from a prepared text. Interviewing for a promotion within the company is even more stupefying. I read in post the company is continually promoting to meet quotas and it was spot on. Supervisors are hired with no background in the department they are about to supervise. It is aggravating beyond words.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was ever posed was "Do you know the difference between a manager and a leader." I guess, since my answer leaned very heavily towards the positive aspects of a leader, they hired a manager. A micro manager. Our managers continually tell us they held the same position as us at one time but no one believes them. If you are looking for advancement in a career and you don't fit a specialized quota, think about getting a job with McDonalds.   View Answer
    There was none. If you get an offer and you aren't working then take the job because it's better than having your house repossessed. Don't expect free cable right away though. Because of Comcast's beauracracy, it will probably take a month before you receive those services.