Comcast

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.7

Technical Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Had phone calls with each member on the team. There were no technical questions, only behavioral and personal questions to see if we can be a good fit. They asked for location specifications, and I chose Denver, though they have interns all over, and especially Philly. I received an offer, and had to take a drug test. I accepted the offer and was glad I did. Large corporate company, but if you get on a good team, it is a lot of fun.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no technical questions. Relatively easy interview process. They were just looking for the best fit for the team.   Answer Question
    Rate was note negotiable.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast in January 2015.

The interview was brief, they mostly asked questions about strong employment history. They asked questions about scenarios in a job such as sales techniques etc . The woman was pleasant and is just attempting to read you personality. so smile as you talk and prepare at least 20 minutes prior to the phone interview. If they call unexpected reschedule. Also have your resume in front of you.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question was, how did you offer good when faced with the customers knowledge of a competitiors product?   View Answer
    next step is a in person interview.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast.

From the first phone interview to the offer letter was over 3 months. The Internal recruiter was fresh off the boat and wasn't sure about the hiring process at all. He was hard to understand, broken English and spoke too soft to be heard.

Interview Questions
    • I was a rehire back. The question was: Why do you want to return to Comcast. I answered that I stepped away to advance my career in a direction I thought would be beneficial and I see this step has given knowledge, maturity, professionalism that I can now advance within Comcast and not only help grow my career, but the company as well.   Answer Question

Customer Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast in January 2015.

I applied online for the position and received a phone call the following day. A recruiter called to welcome me to take an assessment I took it the day after. The next week another recruiter called to let me know that I was going to be set up for a face to face interview!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you've dealt with an irate customer in the work place.   Answer Question

Project Manager II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Comcast in January 2015.

I recieved a called from a recruiter a day after I applied for the job. She set up a phone interview with me the next day. She began to ask me about my experience and then she told me what the position pays. Lets just say its way below the industry average.

TELESALES Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

pretty much the easiest interview ever . They ask about 5 questions . Have you ever had selling experience ? Tell me a time you had to meet a sales goal? Basic questions pretty easy !

no negotiation

Retention Specialist Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Comcast in January 2015.

I applied online got a call from a recruiter the next day scheduled a phone interview for later that day then got invited to a face to face interview. The interviewer had a packet of at least 4 questions. I was thinking to myself im sure he will only ask a few, no he went through the whole book writing as he went. The interviewer was not very personable.

Got offered another position

Direct Sales - Winback Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast in January 2015.

I applied online on a Saturday and was contacted by the recruiter Monday morning. I had a short over the phone interview with him and took an assessment test. I was told I passed and was set up for a interview with the local supervisor the following week. That went well and I was set up for a interview with the regional manager the next week. I recived my first offer letter two weeks later.Next I had a drug screening and background check which took another week. I passed both and received my final offer letter. I then waited 2 months for training to start. Total time for application to training was 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to work outside in all types of weather?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Initially applied via Comcast job portal. A couple days later I received an email to a form asking me to list my skills, available times to be called, and to upload my most recent resume and transcript. Had the phone interview, about 20 minutes long. Mainly talked about things on my resume and cable technology. A week later the HR team contacted me to schedule an on-site interview. Talked with 2 HR employees, was asked a couple general (read easy) questions about my goals and past experiences. A couple days after that, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a challenge you recently faced.   View Answer
    • Given 9 balls, one of them being heavier but the rest identical, and two chances to weigh them on a balance, find the heaviest one.   View Answer

Was selected for another company that I was more interested in.

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Comcast.

There were multiple interviews to this role any other sales position. Nothing really was different or made it all that challenging. They will ask you if you are comfortable cold calling businesses. They will also ask if you have a reliable mode of transportation.

There is no opportunity to negotiate. It is the price is the price kind of process.