Comcast Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative (Repair) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then was emailed to take an assessment test. This included the typical questions you see on employment surveys and an interactive simulation of taking customer calls. It's super important you pay attention as you are timed and if you need things repeated or hit the hint button it adds to your time. A few days after completing this a recruiter emailed me asking to schedule a 1:1 phone interview. Called right on time, asked lots of "Describe to me a time when," questions. Then described what the job. He then offered me face to face interview which would take place a few days later. Large group interview that included an information session. Got a brief introduction to the company, included info about benefits and incentives.We were then paired up with several managers to have a one on one interview. More "Describe a time to me when you..." questions. After this the manager excused herself to speak with her supervisor. This was the point in the day I noticed other candidates being thanked for their time and they would be in touch. When she returned I was told I was invited to have an interview with her manager. After she thanked me and said they would be in touch. Two days later I was offered a position and start date for my class which I accepted. They emailed me links for my background check and drug test. -Be super early to your face to face interview. I'm talking 20 minutes early. The interview starts on the dot at 10am. -Take notes in the information session. And participate when they ask questions. -You get 8 weeks of paid training! Amazing as I've never worked for any other company in all the realms of customer service that put that much into prepping their employees before they are on the "sales floor". -The recruiters and managers were super friendly and flexible as far the interview process!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave exceptional customer service   Answer Question
    • Describe to me a time you had a customer that wasn't happy with their service? How did you deal with this?   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Awesome. Very friendly answered all my questions. They explained their structure and pay. Applied online and received a response the next day. Did the assessment test, they called the day after completing the tests, set up a phone interview later that day and the following week scheduled the in person interview.

Residential Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Oakland, CA).

Interview

Two interviews. Your Supervisor and the Manager The interview with the Manager was the longest. First you have to describe your work experience Then explain how this work experience will help you to sale home services Second I recommend you to explain that you simphasize with a specific segment of the population. I highlighted my bilingual skills and my previous experience interacting with this segment of the population. Sometimes they are biased toward persons who have a portfolio of customers already. For example if you were a former employee of AT&T or a car sales. Another factor COMCAST sales team value is to be extremely responsable. The sales team has a quota and only with hard work you can reach this one.

Interview Questions

• How much money do want make per year? What do you know about the cable, internet industry? What are you bringing to the team?   Answer Question

Comm Tech I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Completed a test then it was followed by an interview with supervisors and then an interview with the manager. I was asked serveral questions all of which had to do with how i felt my skills worked with comcast. How did i feel about working in the field. How did i feel about having little direct supervision.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Comcast (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and a day or two later received an email from a recruiter asking for a phone screening. After setting that up, spoke with Recruiter who, after a few questions asking about my experience and a few "how would you handle an irate customer?" kind of questions, set up a 1-on-1 interview at a Comcast building. After finding the section I was actually supposed to be in, my 1-on-1 went normally. They asked about my experience and lack-there-of and asked how I would handle customers, technology, if I was technologically proficient, and questions like "How would you re-explain something to a customer who didn't understand what you were saying the first time?". He asked me to answer specifically, not generally, with actual events - but I couldn't do that not having the relevant experience so I gave him "if I was in such and such scenario, I would..." type answers - and wrote down my answer on a two-paged sheet, circling a competency score between 1 to 5 on every question. I usually got 3's and 4's. The interviewer asked me if I could stay a bit longer to meet someone else and I did. That other person spoke to me asked me fairly similar questions. She walked me to the door afterwards and I thanked her. It was nerve-wracking because I lacked experience in the field, but otherwise I felt it was a simple and comfortable process. Took a few days after to get offer letter - and still have to do the med exam. I start in 3 weeks because their current month of training was full.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer would try to explain their issue when they didn't know how to and tell me how you handled that.   1 Answer
    • You mentioned that you have tried selling certain things to people. Can you tell me how you've sold them something that they didn't originally come into the store for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not offered a negotiation - just an accept or no accept (as in decline job). They told me I start at $12.91/hr and since I don't have any prior experience, I would not even complain. This pay is more than the prior position I had that I went to school for!

Business Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comcast (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

This is where they start wasting your time. First a recruiter interviews you over the phone. Then you have to do a bunch of online questionnaires. Then they follow up to setup a face to face interview. Then they drug test you and do a background check. If you like feeling like cattle then I am sure you can be branded at the training. I was offered employment and signed the offer letter. Then I quit my job. Then they call me and say your drug test is clear but you didn't disclose a "failure to show insurance" ticket. We cannot hire you because you didn't disclose this. After I argued and took it up with a supervisor I finally had it. I told them that I will be looking for an attorney and be posting multiple bad reviews on every website possible. Then they said well we will investigate it. I didn't waste anytime posting bad reviews and also sending the reviews to them. Then a week later they call me and say they messed up the background check and it shouldn't have mattered since it is a traffic violation. DUH!!! I told them that right away. Now they said I won't be hired because the job comes with rejection and since I didn't handle it well the first time they are choosing not to hire me. Can I sue them for being incompetent corporate robots that have no heart and when it comes to doing the right thing they would rather choose to mess with people lives than admit they messed up. I told them if they want to make it right then hire me because they made the mistake and blame me for reacting the way I did. I have a lot of passion and that's why I am good at what I do. I put my heart into it and if they choose not to hire me because I reacted badly from a mistake they made, so be it. They want to hire more robots to fit along with all the robots they already have. I am now anti-comcast and I will spend every last second of my life telling people what a horrible company they are.

Interview Questions

• have you ever had a problem meeting a deadline?   1 Answer

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Englewood, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone interview with HR, followed by in person with hiring manager. Was quick and professional all the way around. Scheduling was quick, everyone was very professional and nice.

Interview Questions

• General questions on skill set   1 Answer

Comm Opps II FTC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comcast (Norcross, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I applied and within several days received a call for an interview. The hiring manager deemed very professional and made me feel comfortable and not so intimidated. I received a response within a few days that I was being extended an offer. The longest part has been the BG process.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you had to work with a deadline and it was stressful and how did you handle the stress and project deadline?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out my application and got a call within that first week. I was first invited to a phone interview by a recruiter in an entirely different state. I think that's awesome because they are getting everyone's opinion. The phone interview took 20 - 30 minutes and seemed to be the hardest part in my opinion. The recruiter asked the typical interview questions and was very professional. With how chalet ginger the phone interview was , I was wondering how the face to face interview would be. He then said he liked my answers and said someone would call me soon for next steps in the interview process. I got a call a day later by another recruiter in a different state again. She scheduled my interview with me and wished me luck. A week later I went to the face to face interview. It was me and about 6 other people. They pulled us in this room with big comfy theater seats and giant televisions where they explained everything about the job as well as the benefits. They made it a fun and professional environment. We were then pulled one by one for personal interviews by two different Team Leads. The first interview was typical questions again. It took about 5 - 10 minutes. The second interview was really easy and the Team Lead only asked me about 1 or 2 basic questions. That took about 5 minutes. They then took us on a tour in the building. The building had a lot of amazing features like a giant cafeteria that made me feel like I was back in school again and a work out room available to employees! After that we were good to go and said they would call us all the next day to let us know weather they were going to move forward with us. They were all very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I didn't even have to wait till the next day. Two hours later I got an email from the recruiter saying they decided to move forward with me and that she would be my recruiter from now on. She said she would email me shortly with next steps in the hiring process. I received a phone call about a week later from another recruiter working for my recruiter with instructions on signing the offer letter, background check and drug test. I got all of those done within the 72 hours and that next week I received an official email saying I was fully hired on and ready to start next month's class. It is a longer process than most employers but they are really thorough and that shows me that they will also be this way with their employees so I accepted the offer! Can't wait to start!.

Interview Questions

• What would your past supervisors/managers say about you? Would they be willing to be used as a reference?   Answer Question

Customer Account Executive II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comcast (Fife, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview then face-to-face interview with 2 supervisors. Before the face-to-face interview, you are given a tour of the Call Center and then shown a PowerPoint presentation of company benefits, accomplishments, etc... I felt that one of the face-to-face interviewers was very monotone. He didn't seem as enthusiastic as the recruiter and the supervisor who gave us a tour of the Call Center. I think he definitely could have made Comcast feel more like an enjoyable place to work at.