Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Comcast
- Customer Service Representative (46)
- Customer Account Executive (45)
- Direct Sales Representative (43)
- Comm Tech I (26)
- Sales Representative (21)
- Business Account Executive (19)
- Intern (13)
- TELESALES Representative (11)
- Communications Technician (10)
- Sales Consultant (10)
- Retention Specialist (9)
- Account Executive (9)
- Software Engineer (8)
- Retail Sales Representative (8)
- Business Analyst (8)
- Customer Account Executive II (7)
- Inbound Sales Representative (7)
- Dsr (6)
- Project Manager (6)
- Inside Sales Representative (6)
- Senior Software Engineer (6)
- Comm Tech (6)
- Supervisor (6)
- Network Engineer (5)
- Sales Associate (5)
- CAE (5)
- CAE - IP Support Specialist (5)
- Technical Support Representative (5)
- Technical Support Specialist (5)
- Business Sales Representative (5)
Marketing Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Comcast (Denver, CO) in March 2010.
Short and sweet. Standard questions.
- Please describe a challenge you overcame. 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Comcast
Marketing Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Comcast (Houston, TX) in January 2010.
Panel interview with many levels from the company. All day interview, very thorough. Found it refreshing to hear about how each level viewed the position I was applying for. The process took a while and in the end, the negotiation phase was short. They were very strict about the level of compensation they were willing to offer. They did not pay very well and the process in which they figured out the compensation was unlike anything I had ever seen. This changed while I was employed with the company and they hired a compensation Director to make the process more fair.
They were very hard and fast in the salary they were going to offer. They asked for my W4 to base my salary on. I didn't care for this process as the year before I was hired, I was on maternity leave for 9 months.
Marketing Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Comcast in December 2011.
Everything was very professional and handled extremely well. I hope to try again and earn a position at this company as I thought they were very personable. Only downside is length of time form one interview to another and the length of time you were kept waiting to see if you would move on in the process.
- Why are you interviewing with us rather than a company that you have more years of experience in their field? Answer Question
Marketing Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Comcast in January 2009.
Initially I had an interview with human resources. This consisted of a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer asked basic questions about my background, level of education, and went through my resume. The second phase of the interview consisted of another phone interview with the hiring manager who went through the same information, but provided more information about the position and responsibilities. The third interview is where the final two candidates would meet the team. ONce you made it to this point, the purpose of this interview was to determine if the candidate was a good fit for the team.
- What do you know about our organization Answer Question