Comcast Media Center

Comcast Media Center Interview Questions

CAE III, Commercial Customer Service (Tech Support T1) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast Media Center in May 2012.

Hiring process began as being emailed to take short personality assessment (about 30 minutes - 1 hour) then an email setting up a time for a phone interview with a corporate recruiter. The phone interview was very casual, but without any real interview questions. Instead it was a detailed description of the position and asking if it was something I was able and willing to do.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to comply with our 90-day attendance policy?   View Answer

Starting wage was below industry standard and non-negotiable. The recruiter would not speculate on if there would be future wage increases.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Comcast Media Center in February 2011.

The online application is time-consuming, and this posting in particular was vague.

The phone interviewer was a contractor at an independent firm, but was knowledgeable about benefits, opportunities within Comcast, and the non-technical aspects of the position. He had good information about how competitive the hiring process was at Comcast as a whole (many positions, including this one, had very few qualified candidates).

The 1:1 interview was with the Director/hiring manager, who clearly did not have a good feel for the position (even though the Director was responsible for creating and filling the position), and the Director also lacked basic communication and interviewing skills. This interview was painful, uninformative, and neither I nor the hiring manager got any useful information from the in-person meeting, other than "no thank you."

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have developing the tools we use in a Network Operations environment?   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast Media Center in January 2011.

I first applied through the Comcast website and received an email about 2 weeks later saying I have been chosen to move to the phone screen process, after having log in issues I called the toll free number as instructed to set up a time for a phone screen, spoke to the rep who couldn't pull up the schedule at that time must have been from the same computer issues she asked if she could call me back to set the time I explained to her that would work but I was going to be in a spotty cell phone reception area and that if I didn't answer I would have to call back after a relunctant and very frustrating yes that would work she set the time for around 3 that day. I would have made every effort to be in a better cell coverage area but it just wasn't possible that day, they did call and what I said would happen happened so I called back within 5 minutes to only reach voicemail left 1 of 5 voicemails over 4 days, I finally got a call back to do the phone screen 5 days later the screen that was suppose to be 35-45 minutes took all of about 3 minutes, I was so confused because the original rep could have done the same thing 5 days before and a lot time could have been saved.
    I did get a call back from another rep to schedule a face to face interview for the position, we set it up for 2 days later in the morning after adjusting my schedule around the very next day I get a call to reschedule the interview for another 2 days later same time, so I move things around one more time. The morning of the interview while getting all my morning stuff done and preparing for the interview I get another call to reschedule for later that day, by this point I agreed a but very annoyed. So I show up for the interview and sit down with the manager while the interview was going on he kept checking his email, taking calls, texting, and being distracted by people walking by the window, I was offended after everything that had gone on I can't get 30 minutes of undivided attention.