Comcast

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in August 2014.

I applied online. Within a week a Manpower recruiter emailed me with a phone invite to an interview. The interview went well. I was told starting salary, job description and environment as well as benefits.They passed me onto the in-store interview. They said it will be with two people: the store manager and regions manager. I'm currently being scheduled for the in-store interview.

Customer Account Executive-Retention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in July 2014.

I did the application and a week later I received an email about a phone interview. The phone interview went well so then I was Emailed a link for an online assesment . I passed that and was set up for an interview. My Interview was July 22nd and now Im waiting to hear back. A group of us did a job preview and then interviewed with two supervisors.

Direct Sales - Winback Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast in June 2014.

I applied on line Wednesdays and got a surprising call the next day. Didn't know he had called but I had instructions to take assement test first then call. I was told I had passed with very high marks then we went into the phone interview.

I had impressed him with all of my answers that he couldn't wait to start the next step to hiring me.

I have a interview scheduled on 6/25/2014

Customer Account Executive (CAE) - Retention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast in June 2014.

Applied online (during a high volume time) and 2 weeks later received an e-mail to take the online assessment, which was basically a call center simulation. My phone interview was a couple days later, typical questions about experiences with customers and how you would handle a few situations. 2 days later got an e-mail to schedule a face-to-face and went to that interview 6 days later. After they gave us the Realistic Job Preview we waited to interview with 2 supervisors (one at a time) in one big room full of interviews going on, and was told I would hear from them within 3-5 days. (Some questions were a little unexpected but as long as you can think on your feet and sound confident even when you're unsure or flustered, it's an average interview). Two days later got my first offer letter and info to complete the background & drug test. Got my final offer letter a little over a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was "If you had to create your own attendance policy, what would it be? How would you enforce it? What would be the repercussions?"   Answer Question
    • Name a time you turned a problem into a sale.   Answer Question
    • What are the steps you would take (in order) to diffuse an angry customer?   View Answer
    No negotiation. If you don't have a very flexible schedule you may want to take that into deep consideration.

Retention Customer Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

I got a call to set up a phone interview. I did the phone interview two days later then I was scheduled for a face to face interview. After the face to face interview I was emailed an offer letter 3 days later

Interview Questions
    • Regular interview questions were asked. Why do you think we should hire you? Name a time when you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

I applied through other source – interviewed at Comcast.

Long online app with personality test. I was invited in for overview and another test. Some people were asked leave at that time. I had to go back for yet another interview which was there so long that lunch should have been provided. Was interview in conference room with a lot of other interviewing at the same time. After that I was told to wait where I sat for a few more hours to interview with two HR reps. Then told to wait again. Finally I was called to the back with another applicant where we were both extended an offer.

Comm Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast in November 2013.

Comcast hiring process for comm techs is very long in the Detroit area. I applied for the comm tech 1 job in Plymouth, MI in Oct 2013. I got a call back the next day after I applied for a phone interview. I guess I did well in the phone interview as they had me take some online placement tests after that. The placement tests where a bit intimidating. One of them asks you like 20 physics/mechanical skills questions and says you have to get 15 right to pass. After that they have another test.. think it is to test your comprehension abilities. you get 2 minutes to answer 40 questions. I only answered 29 out of the 40 before I ran out of time and I passed. After I passed the online test I was scheduled for a in person interview a entire month later. The in person interview asked several of the same questions the phone interview asked. I got a call back about 3-4 days after the phone interview offering me the job pending a background check and drug testing. I am suppose to start at the beginning of Feb 2014. Hiring process takes for ever, but to me it is worth it.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They are very upfront on telling you what your pay and benefits will be before you start.

CAE II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Comcast in September 2013.

I submitted an application on Thursday night at the Comcast careers website. I was then contacted by Manpower the next day, they gave a breif description of the job and asked if it was something I'd be interested in. I told them yes and she asked if she could do a phone interview at this time. They were a little rushed because the face to face interviews were Monday and Tuesday. The phone interview took about an hour; How'd I feel about this and that. Give me an example of when you this and that and so on. I passed the phone interview and she sent me an online behavioral assessment which also included a test on responses and navigating systems on four mock calls for four different companys.Almost immediately I was notified via email I had passed and would like to meet for face to face with Comcast. I was asked to chose from time slots available on the following Monday or Tuesday. Went Monday and Interviewed as follows: 1) Group informational session with all the 3'oclockers, about 15 minutes and taken back to wait for ono on ones 2)Called to a room with about 6-8 tables and interviewed 1st with one and she sent me to another table for a second interview. Taken back out to wait for final interview with manager 3)Manager came and got me for final interview. The whole process lasted about 3 hours. Now I wait, they said would be notified within 2 weeks of decision

Interview Questions
    • Questions were as expected. Why should hire me, Why I want to work there, Examples of past experiences when...   Answer Question

Business Account Executive I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast in July 2013.

I was contacted several times by a recruiter who had found me on LinkedIn. I finally agreed to speak with him. He asked me a few basic questions about my background. Based upon his recommendation, I was moved forward to the next step. This was a half hour phone interview with the hiring manager. This was ok. Nothing earth shaking. I received a call from him a week later to come in for a face to face interview. This was a little shaky as he had some concerns regarding one of my qualifications. I thought I handled his objection well. A week later he called me to job shadow the sr. rep. on his team. So, we met with one of his accounts, and prospected some building s which were recently lit up by Comcast. I did not see him actually sell anything. After the job shadow, I called the hiring manager and told him i liked what i saw and felt I could do the job. He told me I would here from him in a week. After not hearing from him, I called him the following Tuesday. He told me he was going to talk to his director the next day and make a decision by the end of the week, and to call him. I called him. got his voicemail, left a message, never heard back. Tried to reach him a few more times without success.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you when i have a concern about your prospecting ability?   Answer Question

Direct Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in March 2013.

One phone interview followed by an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of 4 managers taking turn asking questions. It lasted for about 45 minutes. Most of the questions were consistent with the "tell me about a time" scenarios. Was offered position roughly a week later after in person interview.

No negotiations