Comcast Interview Questions in Mount Laurel, NJ

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer II (Network Engineering) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Comcast in December 2013.

I got a phone call in November from Comcast HR that they wanted to schedule a bunch of interviews with me with various teams in the Philadelphia office. I readily agreed and was scheduled for my first set of on-site interview in late November. I interviewed with 4 different teams - two of them were in search of a Software Engineer, one of them was interested in a purely Networking profile, and the last one was looking for an individual with both programming and networking skills.

After a few days I got a call from Comcast HR again that one of the teams (which I later discovered was the programming networking skills one) wanted to schedule another on-site interview with me - this time in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey. I gave my final on-site interview in December end, and had the result by first week of January.

Interview Questions
    • They were specifically looking for some experience with scripting languages like Python - asked me to write a couple of programs. One of them was related to parsing large log files and recognizing patterns (with the use of regular expressions). Then there were the standard white board questions pertaining a random network topology, to walk them through the process of message transfer through the bottom three layers.   Answer Question
    Since I was coming right out of graduate school, I didn't negotiate. They offered me more than what I was expecting.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Comcast in May 2009.

Meeting with team members. No technical questions, but a lot of review of project experiences and -personality questions

Interview Questions
    Offer was put on the table and agreed upon

Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in May 2009.

Had the interview with Hiring manager for nearl 1 hr

It was ok

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!