Comcast

59 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

Interview Details – Initially I got a call from recruiter who was very nice. He set up a telephonic round with 2 software engineers. The questions were more on explaining on what my role was. After a couple of days I got a email saying that the team would like to meet me at onsite.

So I flew in a day before and I got an accomodation in a very nice hotel in downtown.

I had 5 interview and met 6 people in total. The questions were more on explaining what I did and there wasnt really any drill down questions. But after a couple of days I got a mail saying they selected some one else.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Comcast in March 2014.

Interview Details – Research in detail the roles of the position being sought, put together a list of your weaknesses against your strengths and pair them to the core responsibilities of the position. Bring a business or marketing communication you've developed to help the team and bring a 30/60/90 day progression plan.

Interview Question – why do you want this position?   View Answer

Engineer II (Network Engineering) Interview

Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Comcast in December 2013.

Interview Details – I got a phone call in November from Comcast HR that they wanted to schedule a bunch of interviews with me with various teams in the Philadelphia office. I readily agreed and was scheduled for my first set of on-site interview in late November. I interviewed with 4 different teams - two of them were in search of a Software Engineer, one of them was interested in a purely Networking profile, and the last one was looking for an individual with both programming and networking skills.

After a few days I got a call from Comcast HR again that one of the teams (which I later discovered was the programming networking skills one) wanted to schedule another on-site interview with me - this time in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey. I gave my final on-site interview in December end, and had the result by first week of January.

Interview Question – They were specifically looking for some experience with scripting languages like Python - asked me to write a couple of programs. One of them was related to parsing large log files and recognizing patterns (with the use of regular expressions). Then there were the standard white board questions pertaining a random network topology, to walk them through the process of message transfer through the bottom three layers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I was coming right out of graduate school, I didn't negotiate. They offered me more than what I was expecting.

Data Engineer Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in March 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview process. The company goes through a great deal of trouble to make sure that the interview process is as comfortable as it gets for a candidate.

You have to be a good fit based on the job description and they are more interested in your experience and stories you have related to the work you have been doing rather than tech questions that some interviewers ask.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the order if you know your stuff   Answer Question

IT Audit Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in September 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview followed by an in person interview

Interview Question – Difficult questions around IT security   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Comcast.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview process was very smooth but it was 10-years ago. Comcast had just started their Voice program, so they didn't ask any specific questions since I was doing exactly the same things at my previous company. I got the offer in a week; after few rounds of negotiations, I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – When can you join?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiating on sign-on cash bonus

Internship Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Comcast.

Interview Details – I am not sure when I applied online, but I got a call about the position in the middle of my spring semester (this was for a summer internship). After my phone call, I was asked for an in person interview. I did this during my spring break (middle of March).

The Philadelphia offices are beautiful - actually, breath taking. I went to the 30-something floor where I waited to be ushered by the HR rep I had been planning the interview with (who sent me a beautifully organized itinerary with travel details). I then met with the person who I would answer to who discussed the position in detail. We went over my resume.

After a week or so, I was then asked to come in for an in person interview with two higher ups. Due to my schooling, however, I did both interviews over the phone. Apparently, I did well because when I sent my email follow ups that day, I was given the response that "expect good news soon". I did and was offered the position (with the assumption that I passed both the background check and the drug test I then had to take).

Interview Question – To be perfectly honest, these questions vary by position. That being said, from my recollection, they were very typical. Such as "why do you want to work for Comcast?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no point in negotiating a salary as an intern. Also, there's no need to worry. You make A LOT as an intern. I was blown away by their offer. Needless to say, I accepted.

Manager Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Comcast in April 2010.

Interview Details – less technical questions...more business case. focused on how you think and approach questions. Lots of behavioral questions. Fit is a big important factor when considering the interview process. Three rounds of interviews and interviewed with six to eight people.

Interview Question – What are some digital trends that will affect the next generation of cable subscribers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate...did not really budge on offer

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Comcast in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process at Comcast moves slowly. Typically, you will be asked for a phone interview in which they gauge your personality and the salary you are looking to make. Next, you will be brought in for an initial interview with the hiring manager. Occasionally, you will be asked for a second interview in which you will meet with senior management. The entire process usually takes 3 to 4 months.

Interview Question – What was a difficult situation you had to face in your current position? What was the outcome of your decision?   Answer Question

Employee Business Communications Interview

Phila, PA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Comcast.

Interview Details – My interviewer was incredibly nice, as well as informative. She spoke clearly and was incredibly thorough about explaining the company and my position, really taking the time to go the interview properly. It was one of the better interviews I had. The hiring process was also very smooth and I had no issues whatsoever.

Interview Question – Honestly, from what I remember it was rather straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an intern position, so N/A/

Interviews for Top Jobs at Comcast

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast interview questions and advice in Philadelphia, PA. All 59 interview reviews posted anonymously by Comcast employees and interview candidates.